[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldHoundTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

480.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 05:09:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

I don't see that as such an issue in fact I have never had any problems in dealing with US Company's when it comes to product support.

I'm very sure the good folks at Kellyco for example would look after us even if we had to were some extra freight costs.

Posted on: May 26, 2011, 04:55:22 AM
Jamjars,

Yes we have had an FTA in place for years, in fact it come into force on 1 January 2005 as an Act of both the Australian Parliament and United States Congress and passed into law. It and was based a lot on the 1994 WTO GATT round of negotiations.

There are clear issues here some simple some more complex but all are have serious implications and from what I understand some of the efforts by Minelab to prevent us from buying their products from our US Cousins are of concern.

I know I'm not alone in not wishing to be so disadvantaged by below average trade practices.

Further we should not have to sneak around and trouble our friends overseas to do things to get around what is potentially an illegal trade practice in the first place, breaching several laws in both our countries.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg176970.html#msg176970

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 07:14:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

I know this is an old post but here goes anyway, I bought my Ace350 from an Ebay dealer and imported it to Australia Garrett had no problem with warranty registration. Cant say it applies for all companies but any company that wont honour a legit claim on a legit warranty, I would seriously consider if I wanted to do buisness with them country of origin shouldnt even come into it.
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg217125.html#msg217125

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline koda60
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

x-terra 705 gold
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 05:36:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

have heard of people taking the stock off of guns, shipping in two packages of parts. Love getting over these jerkoffs lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg240007.html#msg240007

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 05:58:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by koda60
have heard of people taking the stock off of guns, shipping in two packages of parts. Love getting over these jerkoffs lol

That There can get you Ten Years Here!     No Thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg240010.html#msg240010

Offline Gozzo
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 12:14:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Only 10, Jeez you guy's are lucky, if i had kept that pistol i found in march it woulda got me up to twenty simply because it had no numbers but a gun that goes back to the late 19th century didnt have numbers, I wasn't even allowed to have it welded up and keep it because it wasnt a family heirloom. best find EVER for me and all im allowed is photo's even then I was told i could have been in the crap just for picking it up because as soon as i did, I was in possesion of an unlicensed firearm/concealable. they flipped when i said the reason it was so clean was cause i took it home and put it on a cloth wheel. lol. the cigar box or what ever it was it was in was so rotten it disintegrated, when i tried to pick it up so the thing musta been there 50 years. As to the post about voiding warranty are minelab saying if you bring your minelab from the states and it screws up in aus its not covered? its a crock they just rip Aussies off. Even garrett dealers here try to say if I buy from overseas i have no warranty here, considering ALL the extras i got and around $300 cheaper ill happily pay $50 to ship it back to texas, thing is warranty is almost up. and like with all garrets its still as good as new. screw the Aussie govt, find someone you trust and have it sent as being worth $999.00 then there is no tarrif cause its under $1000. and if necessary send the long way to have it repaired. im tired off being ripped off
Keep On
Swinging
 Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg246793.html#msg246793

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
5%
Male
Australia

6065.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just seen this old topic.I been interested buying Minelab from US with no success.if I remember well the days of printed product catalogs Kellyco use to remove the Minelab pages before send them to me.
I was wondering if GoldHound is still with us and if he has an update on the subject

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23094.msg246803.html#msg246803

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: