[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:39:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnlaw

You can set the detector to accept everything (discrimination) and still tell what it's picking up by the tone,
pitch, numbers or movement of the target on the screen. By the above settings you can pretty well tell what the detector is picking by the sound pitch, target movement or digital reading. I'm not an expert on it yet. It takes a while to learn all the variables on this particular detector...

Hope that answers your question GD....John in Va

It does and my reason for asking is that I find slowing down my swing and listening to faint whispers allows me to go beyond what others in the area are able to find in the same area I am working. My El Dorado is a very basic machine and up against some very fine equipment, I do far better than most. I'm quite happy with that detector and it has ultimately become the one I grab first now. The Compadre goes in the car as a backup but that Minelab is top of the heap for me.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13499.msg85666.html#msg85666

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 05:41:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
It does and my reason for asking is that I find slowing down my swing and listening to faint whispers allows me to go beyond what others in the area are able to find in the same area I am working. My El Dorado is a very basic machine and up against some very fine equipment, I do far better than most. I'm quite happy with that detector and it has ultimately become the one I grab first now. The Compadre goes in the car as a backup but that Minelab is top of the heap for me.

You're right about the slow swing/pace, I don't cover a lot of ground on a given day but concentrate on where there are coins being found. You really have to listen good to catch some of the faint signals. The other day I went over a small area where my hunting partner had been and recovered 3 or 4 silver coins "faint sqeakers"...  John in Va...   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13499.msg85672.html#msg85672

Johnlaw

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: