[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline gotliebeTopic starter
Pull Tab

Gedult uberwindet alles
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Italy
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign XS, XS2 Pro
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:41:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am an old detectorist that lives in the zone of Rome-Italy, for years have attended several fields and used detector from autobuilded  to military type ANPSS/11 to the fischer 1266XB, Garret CX, C-Scope 1220 to what I have in possession now the Minelab Sovereign XS, with on indicated MD I have made lot of important finds and all this for pure passion in the search, for several reasons for approximately 5-6 years i have not attend the fields, now me are returned the wish to try the pleasure to find again something, I have read lots of arguments in italian and USA metaldetector forum and have perceived that currently in commerce many new MD from the remarkable characteristics for depth of survey are present, although Sovereign XS is still a good MD that has given many satisfactions to me I would want to recommence with a new one that concurs me to find where already I have cleaned up all and are sure that still there is much to unearth. I hope that your councils help me to orient me to the choice in this confusion of MD that are escapes in the past few years. Salutes to all Gotliebe

Posted on: November 09, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
what thoughts you about the coil Coiltek WOT 15" to install on Sovereign XS like upgrade to obtain more depth ?

Thanks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg125110.html#msg125110

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:51:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gotliebe
I am an old detectorist that lives in the zone of Rome-Italy, for years have attended several fields and used detector from autobuilded  to military type ANPSS/11 to the fischer 1266XB, Garret CX, C-Scope 1220 to what I have in possession now the Minelab Sovereign XS, with on indicated MD I have made lot of important finds and all this for pure passion in the search, for several reasons for approximately 5-6 years i have not attend the fields, now me are returned the wish to try the pleasure to find again something, I have read lots of arguments in italian and USA metaldetector forum and have perceived that currently in commerce many new MD from the remarkable characteristics for depth of survey are present, although Sovereign XS is still a good MD that has given many satisfactions to me I would want to recommence with a new one that concurs me to find where already I have cleaned up all and are sure that still there is much to unearth. I hope that your councils help me to orient me to the choice in this confusion of MD that are escapes in the past few years. Salutes to all Gotliebe

Posted on: November 09, 2010, 04:11:02 PM
what thoughts you about the coil Coiltek WOT 15" to install on Sovereign XS like upgrade to obtain more depth ?

Thanks

Hello Gotliebe...I'm currently using the Minelab SE PRO..........I also have the Sovreign XS and have used it a lot in the past. The XS is a great detector with good depth, if you put the 15 inch WOT coil on it you probably need to plan on digging some really deep holes! I'd like to have one of those coils myself but it's not in my budget right now.. Wish you much success!

John in Virginia......USA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg125170.html#msg125170

Johnlaw

Offline seanengman
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:56:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Go for the Explorer series. I have an Explorer II and love it. Takes a bit to learn, but we'll worth it. I have the 10" coil and the 18" coil and just with the 10" I can punch some serious holes.

Cheers

Sean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg125217.html#msg125217

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Pull Tab

Gedult uberwindet alles
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Italy

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign XS, XS2 Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Johnlaw and Seanengman, I have found a used Coiltek 15" WOT at the price of 100 euros that correspond to approximately 77$, I am oriented to acquire it and try it, if the performances will be good and make it to find me some old roman coins as sesterzius  and assus I will hold Sovereign XS otherwise I will orient myself to acquire an other type of Minelab like explorer II or Etrac. Here in Italy on several forum of metaldetecting there are discordant opinions about the etrac, from you in USA what are the opinions ?
In Italy now there are many other brand of MD in particulay the Hungarian Blisstool 48, 64 V1-V2 and Detech Vista RG 750 and many detectorists purchase they for militaria use on the battle fields of 2 world war, and they make important finds like Usa and German elmets and weapons etc, Do you Know these instuments? I am interessed to these Hungarian MD that are courrently the deepest MD, but i think that eccessive deep and power without control is not a good performance in terms of stability during the search.

Gotliebe

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg125347.html#msg125347

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:36:56 pm by gotliebe »
Offline Silver79
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ohh, dear, you made big, big mistakes Cheesy Blisstool is not Hungarian unit, it's Bulgarian Smiley Don't know who and why Wink represent to you Blisstool as Hungarian unit, but it's not true Mad Something other - Deeptech Vista RG750 is not Detech's unit, it's Deeptech's VLF's Smiley Yes, the twо companies - Detech and Deeptech  are bulgarians firms, but Smiley the first produce aftermarket coils, the second - PI and Vista series VLF-s

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg136604.html#msg136604

Pull Tab

Gedult uberwindet alles
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Italy

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign XS, XS2 Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:48:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

you have reason are Bulgarian Clapp, but other than put in evidence my "big mistakes" have you any technical considerations to make with regard to Blisstool and Vista metaldetector ? or you can use only  lots of emoticons ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19126.msg136656.html#msg136656

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:57:27 pm by gotliebe »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: