[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 12:27:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by au fever
These Detech coils have become very popular in Australia , seems that those with Minelab P.I detecters have had a great deal of success on the highly mineralised Gold fields where they run very smooth . But every now and then a bad coil gets past the screening ..cheers Mick

Yes on a PI machine they would work well and if you are searching for small Gold and jewellery you would need a VLF machine like a V3i or MXT and the GoldBugs of Garrett goldstinger/Scropion and It is the VLFs that show their weaknesses, their coils are ok on coin sized targets or Nugget hunting,

AU

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57173.msg277096.html#msg277096

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 36.0.1985.143
Chrome 36.0.1985.143

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 09:36:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, Good to know.

Was scratching my head about these coils at the beach, I suppose they will be OK for ring-shaped targets.

I always re-do some productive patches with my Goldbug Pro and the 5" coil after the Minelabs found the deepest and bigger targets.  Maybe I'll get one, the Ultimate is very tempting...

HH

Beach'

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57173.msg280505.html#msg280505

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 05:50:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

I don't know how their Ultimate Coils work as after wasting $1600.00 on their round and butterfly coils I just don't Trust them and I saw 2 Box's 1 meter x1M x 1M full of SEF coils that were going to the Dump because Detech did not want to pay the freight to have them returned to them so they could be repaired, In stead they told the dealers to cut the Leads off of them and scrap them.

The Early Round ones were not to bad say from around 2002 2005 etc but after that I would forget them, And this New Ultimate Coil Might work very well, But I would wait till people start to report back about that one,

Two things Detectorists BS about and that Is Depth and Coils because they want them to work so much that they forget about the reality, You Never hear Whites, Tesoro, Garrett Fischer and COILTEK Spouting on how wonderfull their coils are But Minelab and Detech never Shut up and the More advertising they Do The Worse a Product Is,

Classic examples IE:- The MineLab GPX 5000, It doesn't need Advertising It proves its self over and over again, Tesoro/Lazer, They have Found More singular Hammered coins than any other Brand,
Garrett Whites don't make stupid claims, MineLab Tried so hard to convince us we needed The FBS series of detectors and the Sovereign GT which is One of my favourite Detectors But the Truth is on the insanely Iron infested sites in the UK they are Rubbish, The Best MineLab for UK sites was the Musketeer Advantage and I sold Mine Because the Dealer said the Sovereign GT was Better, GUESS WHAT ?? NO IT WAS'NT, it was like detecting dragging a 200 LB  ball and chain, Have I Owned FBS detectors YES The Quatro and The E-Trac, Total Hammered Finds in that 6 year Period, 1 Cut Half silver Penny, Switched Brands First week In the woods/ same field Exact same 100 foot patch according to my GPS, 2 cut Halfs 11 roman coins 3 Lumps of Gold and about £80.00 / $140.00 in Spendable cash, AND about 250 coins from the last 200 years by the end of the first month,

The whole point of me going into it like this is to show you all how when you Trust Dealer/s that were Friends and The Advertising Claims How you can Get Screwed, I Now go into Brands and Accessories that Deep that I know how things perform before I take them out of the box, and all you should do the same,

AU 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,57173.msg280508.html#msg280508

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: