[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Trapper1Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:18:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, about a week ago I asked for opinions on the Whites SpectraV3i. The replies were its a  great machine. Now I would like to know which would be a better pick, the Whites SpectraV3i or the Minelab Etrek.  I  mostly want to hunt coins and jewelry, but I wouldn't pass up a try at civil war relics if given the chance.  I live in Ohio and about the only time that I will be detecting at the ocean is when on vacation(not this yr). I have done alot of research on the Whites, its pretty tecky, is the Etrek more complicated or about the same? Which would be the better pick? I know opinions are like .... well you know. Another thing, I do like the way the SpectraV3i shows what your detecting, the Etrek has a different version of showing the target, but its like everything  else practice makes perfect I guess. I do have metal detecting experience, I used a Whites 6000d for about 10 yrs, when they first came out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg183861.html#msg183861

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 01:08:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Get the E-Trak.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg183966.html#msg183966

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:12:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have the E.Trac , had the V3 but did not get on with it. Some saw the V3 is better but i think its more complicated.
The E.Trac is much more straight forward and very good on coin and beach hunting.
Go by the numbers and dig all from FE 05 and CON all to start with .But listen to the sounds mostly and after a while you will know what you are digging in a large amount of cases.
I will put my beach programme on here in a while but works well enough on land too, the only thing to watch is if your coins have a lot of iron in them. They will be rejected so a few alterations will need to be done on the screen.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg187089.html#msg187089

Offline Trapper1Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 08:35:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You very much for the reply. So far I'm getting pretty good with the sounds and numbers on pull tabs... but its a learning process that has to be accomplished. You stated go by the numbers and dig all from FE 05 and CO (N)? all to start with. I understand what you meant by FE 05 but not the (N)? Sorry I'm not getting it but this is all new to me . I use to use a Whites 6000D yrs. ago and I got pretty good knowing the sounds of good targets, so I know its just going to be a matter of time..... Please let me know when you post your program for the Etrac. I will be looking forward to it... Again Thank You  very much! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg187115.html#msg187115

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 08:37:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Its on now in the beach section. Forget the N.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg187116.html#msg187116

Offline Viracocha
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

1790.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Sea Hunter II , Makro JeoTech Led
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 09:24:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

My view: e-trac.. easy to start with.  V3 in the long run, will out perform the e-trac in depth and accuracy and the ability to upgrade the software... V3 better in the long run for sure...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg187130.html#msg187130

EarthKinEnergy.com  :We bring green ideas to Light!"

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 09:44:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

I had the E-Trac and sold it, you will find it is to slow in iron infested sites, It's ID numbers
can give you 12 differant sets of numbers for one Item and when I phoned around people said
just ignor the meter, well why put a meter on it if your surposed to ignor it, well not for my money,
at over £1200.00 it should damn well come with cable TV,
It hates trashy ground, It could'nt find its own A$$ with a seeing eye Dog,(guide dog)

It is powerful, sensitive and simple to set up, the ground balance sucks you have no say in how it works
IE, not manual or you cant lock it and its too slow,

Also you cant get parts for them or get them serviced after 10 years, UNlike Whites and the V3i is upgradeable
and if you dont want to use all those things on the V3i you dont have to there's enough to keep you diggin for hours,
and in 2 or 3 yrs time you wont have to sell your V3i for nothing because they bring a new one out,

and thats just some of what I know, I could go on,

AU

Posted on: July 17, 2011, 09:41:00 AM
Quote:Posted by Viracocha
My view: e-trac.. easy to start with.  V3 in the long run, will out perform the e-trac in depth and accuracy and the ability to upgrade the software... V3 better in the long run for sure...

Amen to that,

Thats the bottom line

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg187134.html#msg187134

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 02:57:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

When a new Autralian E.Trac comes a lot of the V3 and new Deus users will be swarming back , unless Minelab are giving up and only doing gold and mine detector machines ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg188263.html#msg188263

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 07:44:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rich N
When a new Autralian E.Trac comes a lot of the V3 and new Deus users will be swarming back , unless Minelab are giving up and only doing gold and mine detector machines ?

Thats right Rich, I just wish they would give the people what they need/want instead of what to give us,
the only machines that have filled that bracket are the relichawk or Muskateer advantage and the Xterra's
as for the others they all hold you back, IE the Etrac has brilliant power and sensitivity, yet it cant be used
in hot ground because it looses depth and with that kind of power and sensitivity it should be good for
finding gold but I got an email from mineLab saying about all it's limitations, and I know it is not a gold machine
but it can see the stuff and do it well but put it near Iron or hot ground and ya stuffed,
I Hope MineLab read this because they were almost number 1 and then they stopped listerning
why the hell they stopped making the Muskateer lord knows, and then they took away Australian jobs and gave
them to people in a land they once fought, and bugger the Aussie people, and then theres all the sneaky stuff
they got up to,
I say this to them Be careful who you tread on on the way up because its a long fall back down.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg188275.html#msg188275

Offline ......
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

1285.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 08:11:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

The ET is all right for gold rings on the sand but the settings are very important , in the bonfire infested areas of the beach i do it nulls but most other areas its fine. The Terra does not null though it does blip a bit sometimes and hates the salt but thats why the ET is in my arsenal.

Will be back there tomorrow with the Terra and friday ,saturday,sunday . Got a target to meet Smiley

I believe there will be a new ET this year probably september i bet though i will have to wait till july next year. As for the Musketeer i dont know but it may not sell much due to the Terra and the Sovereign sales ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,26214.msg188279.html#msg188279

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: