[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seanengmanTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« on: April 03, 2010, 03:58:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As I posted previously, I just came up with a used Minelab Sterling that needed some "Sean Love" (involves hot irons, tape and screw drivers... use your imagination). The Detector has the original treasure search coil, and I was considering the 18" EXcelerator coil for the Musketeer. Worth the price tag (in the $240 range)? Or should I just be happy with what is on the machine.

Thanks

Sean

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13126.msg83059.html#msg83059

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Online GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:59:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Control your passion, mate. Do yourself a favor and see how your machine works now. It may be that you can save enough from your finds to make that mad purchase later from an informed position rather than an impulsive one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13126.msg83063.html#msg83063

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seanengmanTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

3125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites GoldMaster II, Fisher Gold Bug II, Minelab Explorer II and Tesoro Treasure Mate
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:41:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just hit up Mom's garden with the detector. Could build a house with all the nails I found. An old timer told my family years ago that a barn had been in that exact spot in the early 1900's. Actually that is how I got my passion for finding things. I was probably 8 years old digging in the mud out back (tearing up Mom's garden) and found a buffalo nickle. I always like finding things, that just iced the cake for me and prospecting. It's a shame it took me so long to get into the detecting aspect of it. My finding with this beast today included huge links of chain, various nails (no square nails), and a piece of a measuring spoon. I think once I get this Bad Larry figured out I will fair better... How many people name their detectors? I think I'll name this one Bad Larry and name my White's GM II Golden Boy.

Peace

Sean

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13126.msg83098.html#msg83098

Yearly Clad: $2.06
Canadian Clad: $.02

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: