[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline randall46Topic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites XLT
« on: October 23, 2009, 06:07:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

I very much like the looks of the 705. Has anyone had much experiance using it for hunting gold??  I would be interested in comparing it to the Lobo and Goldbug or any of the other like priced machines for finding gold.    Thanks   Randy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8837.msg55380.html#msg55380

Offline Rick55
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

191.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites TDI, Garrett GTI 2500,MInelab Eureka, Fisher Coinstrike,Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 03:21:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wise Hi there I have the Eureka Gold I have read the 705 is about on par with the preformance of the Eureka, also I own a Fisher Gold$trike and it out preforms my Eureka gold in depth and size of very small gold detected and hot rock rejection, it is very sensitive! It is to bad that Fisher discontinued this unit I got mine off Ebay , they come up for sale every couple of months and are very cheap to buy, the Eureka really has problems with hot rocks and mineralized soil, my Fisher does not, also when I ran a very sample of placer gold across the coil for a comparison test my Gold$trike hit it every time  and the Eureka did not even respond to the same sample no matter what frequency 6.5k 20k 60k I put it in or any setting I tried, I found a review on the Gold$trike and a comparison with the Gold Bug II they essentially have the same preformance except the $trike has hot rock rejection and automatic ground balance as well as manual ground balance, a backlight, disc,programmable memory settings, but then again the 705 is newer technology it may be more stable in mineralized ground. Alot of users like the 705.
hope this info helped
Rick Idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8837.msg60220.html#msg60220

Offline aussie
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1415.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab GP Extreme  / Bounty Hunter/Minelab ETrac
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 05:28:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Rick / Randy

I wouldnt compare the Eureka Gold with  the latest E-Trac which is a better detector by far with a Full Band System  ( FBS ) from 1.5 KHZ to 100KHZ  Has all the gadgets including computer connection capabilities and a pinpointer inbuilt .
                        Its pretty lite and  easy to use works well on the beach will even detect with the coil submerged a foot under the water . will easily pick a coin at 12 inches deep , which means a bit more digging .  lol   found a small copper pin .53 grains at 5 inches couldnt  complain at that.  will find gold nuggets easily 
                                                           Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8837.msg60225.html#msg60225

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:35:12 am by aussie »
Offline mikeK
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:55:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Ive just ordered the xterra 705 from the UK yesterday(?539, love that weak pound)time to upgrade the 305,which has payed for its self all ready,found over ?400 in cash in the last 5 months.Cant wait to hit the same hunting grounds again with the 705 and see what differance the DD coil and depth makes,the only problem with the 305 was it did not like the nickel coins (the old german marks,which can be still converted into ? at the centeral bank) and theres plenty still out there,took a while to get used to the low tones,the nickel coins regester between 12 and 16 on the 305,same as pull tabs for some reason,also the ?2 coin a low 20 signal,the ?2 coin is bimetal brass alloy core and nickel out side,you have to work with high sensitivity,where the ?1 coin is reversed,nickel core brassalloy outer,and they give a suprer 2 way 32 signal,so lets see what differance the 705 makes,I realy enjoyed the 305 and found 1000ends of coins some good relics ca 10 silver rings only 1 gold(14k) and a few nice 17th 18th silver coins,still not bad for 5 months,well santa claus should be here next week with the 705,hope he hurrys up,cant wait to go for a dig while the weather is still good here in southren Germany....HH mikek

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8837.msg61373.html#msg61373

Offline edlehan
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 07:19:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The 705 is the one I plan on moving up to. I have a borrowed Fisher 1212x that has me hooked on metal detecting. I'm hoping to get the Minelab after the first of the year so I'm reading everything I can find on it...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8837.msg61438.html#msg61438

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: