[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KellycoDetectorsTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you19

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

670.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 92.0.4515.159
Chrome 92.0.4515.159
kellycodetector
WWW Awards
« on: September 08, 2021, 10:18:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I was really excited when I heard the news that Minelab had made a new waterproof metal detector and even more excited that I would have the chance to test the new machine. As a long time hardcore beach and shallow water hunter adding a new Minelab machine to my beach treasure hunting arsenal was certainly welcome.

After assembling the new Minelab CTX-3030 metal detector, the first thing that impressed me was the design and balance of the new machine. I got the feeling that the guys at Minelab had listened to beach and water hunters and taken all the things that we would want in a perfect beach machine and rolled them all into a single package called the Minelab CTX-3030.

Our time spent dreaming of a waterproof screened Minelab metal detector is finally over. As with all innovative Minelab products everything you need to know about your new metal detector before heading out to the beach is contained in the informative manual. With five preset programs to choose from and the automatic ground compensation in this technology the Minelab CTX-3030 metal detector truly is designed to be a turn on and go beach hunting machine.

The same mapping flexibility applies to conductive audio tones in that I can map the conductive “break points” to any conductive value(s) I desire. The following picture is a screen shot of 4 tone conductive. Notice that I set the third “bin” to represent targets with conductive values of 24 – 38. And, it will provide an audio response of 660 Hz, a medium-high tone.

After first turning on your Minelab CTX-3030, the simple start up procedure for beach hunting is to press the main menu button to view the main menu screen, which will give you the choice of five preset programs. Press the down button to scroll down to the Beach preset program which is Mode 2 and press the main menu button to select the Beach mode. Now you are in the Minelab CTX-3030 beach hunting mode and as simple as that you are now ready to search the beach using your new metal detector.

The factory preset Beach mode is an excellent mode to start out using the Minelab CTX-3030 on the beach. Using auto sensitivity with the pre-selected factory settings allows you to get familiar with the everyday aspects of your new metal detector on the beach without having to deal with manually adjusting your control settings just yet.

With the help of the target cursors and awesome audio target tones, it will not take you very long before you learn where the most common targets found on a beach appear on the detect screen and what the targets sound like. All good targets on the Beach preset program will be represented in the white non shaded areas on the detect screen with the black Accept Target Cursor, all rejected targets will appear in the shaded out discriminated areas with the red Reject Target Cursor. The targets conductive (Co) and ferrous (Fe) properties will also appear on the detect screen giving you even more information to help with target identification. Becoming skilled at identifying common beach finds on the detect screen by the location of the cursors on the display and the audio tone will help you when it comes to making custom discrimination patterns and using the Accept/Reject feature on the Minelab CTX-3030.

One of the things that really impressed me beach hunting with the Minelab CTX-3030 was the smooth transition from the wet sand to the dry sand and vice versa, no false signals or chattering even with waves washing over the search coil. I am really looking forward to sharing my experiences and finds made with the Minelab CTX-3030 in future blog posts to help you get up to speed with this exciting new treasure hunting machine. Use the Beach mode as a foundation to build upon as you learn the many wonderful things that this extraordinary metal detector is capable of doing on the beach and in the shallow water.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Field Test: Minelab CTX-3030 Metal Detector For Beach Hunring Review
originally appeared on

Please Register or Login

kellycodetectors.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73084.msg333493.html#msg333493

Print