[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KellycoDetectorsTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you19

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

670.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 92.0.4515.131
Chrome 92.0.4515.131
kellycodetector
WWW Awards
« on: August 18, 2021, 10:17:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My name is C. Brooks and I was a member of the Kellyco Test Team. I have a full five years of experience testing and using many different metal detectors from detector manufacturers and have enjoyed every minute of it! I am really into this exciting hobby, and I’ve detected mostly in the southern states on beaches and on land in search of coins, jewelry and relics. I often restore the relics and donate them to local historical societies.

The Metal Detector that I had the pleasure of testing recently was the Minelab Go-Find 40, a lightweight, collapsible, economical detector that offers a wide range of detecting capabilities. There is literally no assembly required with this wonderful machine as it is completely collapsible down to just 22″ in length. It was a real pleasure using this very light, 2.3 pound detector. I used this detector for over six hours without even getting tired. I probably could’ve detected longer but the sun was going down and the park I was at is only open until sundown.

In the park where I used the Minelab Go-Find 40, there is what I often call my “honey hole.” It is a very popular tourist destination as well as a local gathering spot for residents on the weekends due to the freshwater beach nearby… so on Mondays there are usually targets to find. Being that I know the area well and I am quite familiar with the “hot spots,” to detect I went ahead and tried those locations first and was very impressed with the target ID that the Minelab Go-Find 40 offered, it was incredibly accurate on the almost 30 coins and one ring that I found which made my detecting experience there even more enjoyable. The three finds modes on the Go-Find offered great discrimination. The discrimination was really needed because there tends to be lots of trash in the park, and it’s a popular area for folks to go to.

I did do some detecting in the freshwater beach at about a foot deep. The Minelab Go-Find 40 has a submersible coil which can go up to two feet deep. I just kept it up to a little over my ankle and was able to find more coins and costume jewelry, plus I had a great time out there in the water. Since the detector was so light, I didn’t have to lay it down either while using my beach scoop and that really made my day! The backlit screen came in real handy as when the sun was starting to go down I knew that I had to finish my detecting but I also knew that I had at least another thirty minutes or so to stick around. The display was nice and bright and really helped me detect without having to use any additional lighting like a headlamp or LED hat light to see the display. This was a major bonus for me as with my work schedule, I often find myself detecting in the evening hours when it starts to get a little dark outside.

The Minelab Go-Find 40 was about as easy and user friendly as it could possibly get. The user interface was bright, simple and without having to scroll through multiple screens, everything I needed was right there in front of me. I would recommend this detector for just about anybody who wants an economically priced detector that has good discrimination, a nice bright display, and for those who don’t want a large, bulky detector taking up too much space in their car, garage or closet. I would say kids and adults alike would both enjoy using this detector, I know I did, and I’m sure you will if you buy your own Minelab Go-Find 40.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Field Test: Minelab Go-Find 40 Metal Detector Review
originally appeared on

Please Register or Login

kellycodetectors.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,73045.msg333441.html#msg333441

« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 10:17:46 pm by KellycoDetectors, Reason: Forgot three words at end »
Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: