[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline imipakTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

55.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 52.0.2743.98
Chrome 52.0.2743.98

Awards
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have inherited a Minelab Explorer SE. It's seven years old today (happy birthday to it) and I'm slowly going through the manual. Technically, I inherited it five years ago, but my relatives in England are superior procrastinators than even one such as I, and I'm well practiced in the art.

My first two questions are thus: is it possible to update its software, and if so have there been any updates I should apply?

My next question is: It's the standard (roughly thousand quid) model. The detector head seems to be interchangeable. Should I do this? (There are a couple of meteorite strew fields in the area, which also happens to be a major Civil War frontline and I'd rather not have a constant howling in the headphones. I know I can program the discriminator but standard heads, in my experience, are ok at everything, superb at nothing. Technology changes in seven years, as well.)

Lastly, there can be undocumented features ("bugs" if they break things, bonus features if they turn out to be useful, accidental Easter eggs in all other cases). Is there anything that is a definite "good to know"?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63525.msg313932.html#msg313932

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: