[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 04:44:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mikeK
sorry outback,WHAT A CRAP DETECTOR,weee woooo beeep waaau ping peep,sorry its going back to where it came from, I knew I should of stayed with the good old American fisher,how the hell can any one find any thing with that crap(sorry minelab not impressed)go back to the drawing bord,discrim,ground balance,sensitivity,its a bloody f....ng joke.I paid 394pounds sterling for that crap,ok I did manage to find a 2euro coin,AND THAT WAS ON THE SURFACE,a blind man could of found that,its a realy great detector if you collect bottel caps, foil and all sorts of crap the discrimination is a disaster, o yea,great detector for scrap dealers,plus this constant humming in the back round,the signal on the 2euro coin(that was a surface find)was realy looooong,thought I had found a bronze age axe,as for depth thats a real joke...minelab never again,,,Mikek. ps the pics look good and thats it(except for the 394pound bill...minus the 2euro)

Sorry to hear you say this about your machine. My Minelab has set new records for me on finds. It's my first choice when I go out.

Are you giving it a fair shakedown? Silly question but have you read the manual?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43710.html#msg43710

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline mikeKTopic starter
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany
Referrals: 0

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 12:20:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

going to give it another chance later this evening,as for the instruction manual,its not that well explianed,found a minelab instruction video on the net(from minelab its self),explains it better then the crappy manual,things like fab settings,he shows on the video,which is not in the manual,the manual makes the terra look like a switch on and go detector,which it is not,going to need a bit of time with this baby,maybe in a few weeks I will be saying it the best detector on the planet,dont know got to wait and see,,,,mikek

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43771.html#msg43771

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 12:26:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

The new generation of detector with a bit of smart technology in them can be a bit fiddly at first. Minelab makes a new model that is programmable to the max and has user groups sharing programs and the highest marks ever given to a Minelab.

Please Register or Login

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/page.php?section=272&pId=25&pNm=E-TRAC&x=y

I have not played with one yet but it sounds like the ultimate coin and relic machine. SilverScoop76 and I both want one. He is using the Excalibur right now. My coin bucket is getting almost full enough to be able to pay cold, hard (but just a bit dirty) cash for one.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43774.html#msg43774

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 12:45:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

cheers mate,thanks for the tip,will look at that later,so the clad BUCKet is full,thats the way to go,thats the great thing about detecting,it pays for its self,wife was not to happy when I bought the minelab,400pounds,I know when I give it time it will pay for its self(the f2 has in juet 4 months)thats why I want to hit the roman site in switzerland next week,no point been on the fields with a detector you cant understand,,,I can feel them roman goodies,and the nice swiss silvers,,thanks again for the tip,,,,mikek

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43778.html#msg43778

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 01:03:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mikeK
cheers mate,thanks for the tip,will look at that later,so the clad BUCKet is full,thats the way to go,thats the great thing about detecting,it pays for its self,wife was not to happy when I bought the minelab,400pounds,I know when I give it time it will pay for its self(the f2 has in juet 4 months)thats why I want to hit the roman site in switzerland next week,no point been on the fields with a detector you cant understand,,,I can feel them roman goodies,and the nice swiss silvers,,thanks again for the tip,,,,mikek

What better way to learn? If you are there anyway, you might as well try it. Summertime is a beautiful time to be in the meadows of Switzerland. Would you be on holiday there or on business?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43782.html#msg43782

Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 01:13:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

been working there the last 4years,(tig welder),wife and kids in munich,come home weekends,got a small appartment down there,its only a 2-3hour drive,dont for get europe is small,but on holidays at the moment,start back 1st september,wife is in holland(she just left) with the kids YESSSSSSS,so got the place to my self here in munich,mind you she did take my camra,I could not say no,so cant post no pics for the next 2weeks Sad,but can go digging every day and night,,,YESSSSSSSSS Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43786.html#msg43786

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 03:31:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950;

How much is the E-TRAC, in US$??  Detecting

I looked at the catalogue request, but they want to know my life history... they need to have a PDF catalog, and a simple email form, I sure dont want my name on the world's mailing list.

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43800.html#msg43800

goldigger

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 03:52:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

the same here,all you want is a simple price,no they want your email ect,thats why I buy from britian,great service,cheeper in most cases,no bullcrap and is here within two days with full europien garentie,joain allen electronics in the UK,realy great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43804.html#msg43804

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 03:31:03 pm by Eugene52 »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 05:36:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

mikek;

For some things, the UK is OK (no pun intended.... UK/OK was an accident) but by the time I pay exchange and shipping I have paid nearly twice what I would pay, in the US or Canada.
If I am lucky enough, and I can find a Canadian supplier, it can be a LOT cheaper, even with the duty added, the duty cost is lower than I pay, on one order, because they bulk-order.

I have gotten some small PIC projects from EPE magazine, in the UK, mostly because they are not found elsewhere and I do not programme PICs. I look at J Car's 'wish book' but I am afraid of the shipping from Australia, it could be worse than the UK.

It would still be good to know the price, even if I never bought it. It looks like no one knows and I will not find out.... oh woe is Me, sob!   Cry  Cry

goldigger (oh, I am so broken up)  Funny

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43816.html#msg43816

goldigger

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 06:07:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

x-terra costs 349pounds in th UK,plus post and tax that side of the pond,Im not saying buy here in europe,but for the europiens its worth looking around at the diffrence in pricies in the euro zone,uk germany austria ect,just to compare,a good look can save you lots of euros....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6929.msg43820.html#msg43820

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: