[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline atomic_swing_stickTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

275.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari with Sunray X1 probe, EXcelerator 16" EQ2, EXcelerator 10" x 14" EQ2, EXcelerator 8" concentric, EXcelerator 4.5" x 7" EQ2, Coiltec 15" WOT,   Garrett ACE 250, Sniper 4" coil, 6" x 9" standard coil.
« on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Honestly i really need to plant a coin garden and really lay down some testing. Being all the coils i have  Cheesy. But in my short usage of the 16" Excelerator EQ2 -vs- Coiltec WOT 15":

first off the WOT ears were you through bolt the lower coil rod tapers outward like a V therefore it doesn't have the tight and full grip and anti-flop that a big coil should have and the bolt holes are smaller then the standard stock minelab coil bolt  Huh? . so upon first hook up i was very disapointed as i had to go to hardware store and buy a vynyl toilet seat bolt just to hook it up (was not impressed). And the epoxy thats in the coil appears to be the kind wear you bump the coil a few times it will chip out. as far as actual use it seems to be the same like i said i haven't used either that much but does appear to be a bit more unstable as i did use both at a place i hit often, but the unstability may be more receptive and sensitive.

16' EQ2: uses stock minelab coil bolt ears are as should be correctly spaced and 90 degree ears not tapered outward.. and ears are oversized so it  hits the lower coil rods tapering of connection point so when u set it down it won't completely flop with weight of machine and such. epoxy used is that as i can as far tell by color is one that would be rugged and take more shock absorbing but hard to tell without truly knowing the epoxy specs.

The reason i havent used much of my larger coils is because my EXcelerator EQ2 10" x 14" owns! in dry beach sand i have found a zinc penny at 31"down and i searched the sounding hole as i was in disbelief it really picked this penny up... it did and as far as how i know the measurement, well i marked my 34" mini spade shovel  Wink. its stable and pinpoints great but with all large coils i pinpoint from coming across from right to left and then side step and come across top to bottom and that way u get a X marks the spot. this coil has also picked up a 1/4 " dia. flat 1/16" thin copper was 14" down.

just my opinions

All the mentioned coils do pinpoint center coil under the lower rod connection and coil connection ears.
and if i didn't answer any questions or have more by all means i'll try to or try a test to answer it as thats my whole reason from owning so many coils .

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7798.msg48760.html#msg48760

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: