[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline johnlawTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« on: November 08, 2009, 06:46:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting  Yesterday (Sat.) I participated in an organized treasure hunt in Caroline county
Va... Most of the targets planted were civil war bullets and other misc. war items, there were a number of tokens planted. Prizes included 4 detectors and other items. I didn't win anything but did find the following:  54 civil war bullets, 1 eagle button, 1966 canadian penny, 1975 memorial penny, 10 colonial era flat buttons (not planted) and 35 pieces of scrap metal.. All total I recovered 102 items during the timed two 2 hr hunts. I used my Minelab SE Pro with the pro coil, it did quite well and recovery time and pin pointing was real good. I did notice I was recovering items much quicker than many people using pin pointers. My digging tool was a straight shovel about 40 inches long, the spade is about 9 inches long and 5 inches wide (spoon shaped blade). Using this required a lot less bending over and made flipping planted targets out pretty easy. I did meet a lot of interesting people, one guy had a 45 caliber auto pistol on his side Idiot . As for me, I'd rather been hunting real sites.  I did see about 3 ladies competing and some children which was neat.
happy hunting........John in Va..

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9191.msg57677.html#msg57677

Johnlaw

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 09:08:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know you did some fast swinging to find that much in 2 timed hunts. Nice that your competition was slowed down with pinpointers - it's all about how much you can recover & speed. You did well! Neat that you found some things that weren't planted. Congrats even if you didn't win a prize. I've been to one organized hunt, just in a park, and I would rather find something not planted. I did meet people at the event so that was a plus. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9191.msg57694.html#msg57694

Offline johnlawTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 06:04:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Sue.........I probably won't be going to another one for some time. Hunting real sites is much more fun for me. I hope you have a good week and make some good finds.
John in Va.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9191.msg57717.html#msg57717

Johnlaw

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: