[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mikeKTopic starter
Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany
Referrals: 0

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« on: September 06, 2009, 02:37:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

first time on the field to day with the x-terra 305,its not bad in the parks,but to day on the ploughed field all I can say is the ground balance is excellent,most of the fields where just harvested and ruff,went over a few fields that have been well bashed by me and others over the years,ok not many signals but still managed  11 coins, 4 small silvers,and one grotty roman,excellent balanced and good sensitivity.....like it

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg48386.html#msg48386

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 04:56:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mikeK
first time on the field to day with the x-terra 305,its not bad in the parks,but to day on the ploughed field all I can say is the ground balance is excellent,most of the fields where just harvested and ruff,went over a few fields that have been well bashed by me and others over the years,ok not many signals but still managed  11 coins, 4 small silvers,and one grotty roman,excellent balanced and good sensitivity.....like it

I should have made you an offer for it when you were ready to chuck it out the window. LoL

I'm glad you kept plugging away with it, mate. It really is a fine machine. It would make my top 10 list any day.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg48397.html#msg48397

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 05:18:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

you know what golddigger your dead right mate,I was just stupid,Ive got the fisher f2 just lying there,minelab I take it every where,got a welding job in north germany tomorrow and she is in the car (the xterra)and shes coming back to switzerland with me,wicked detector,,,,love her,,,mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg48403.html#msg48403

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

CIMG1790.jpg

Offline BrendanLyons
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ireland, Republic of

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

From the photo, looks like you did a great welding job!! :-) am thinking of a 705 myself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg51706.html#msg51706

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

where are you in ROI,Brendan,you finding any thing over there

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg51741.html#msg51741

Offline BrendanLyons
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Ireland, Republic of

60.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 05:00:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Mike,

In Dublin, but as you'll read in the new member intro, can't really detect here, as although it's not illegal to own a detector, it is, to be looking for an "archeological object" which they can define basically as anything. even if your detecting on the beach and find an old penny, your duty bound to report it within a couple of days, then they can, in theory give you a rollicking for detecting and take your detector off you, and bring you to court if they wish for searching for such objects, even though you were only looking for euro or rings.

but to be fair, i guess most people are looking for something older, there are a few people detecting over here from looking other sites minelab owners site for one, that don't seem to be having a problem, but if caught it would be hard to defend oneself in court. Law is draconion in order to nail guys digging on historical sites, but now more law abiding detectorists suffer.

So was thinking of going to UK to detect, maybe go on one of those colchester treasure hunting holidays

Any hassle detecting in Germany/Switzerland? I would not mind searching that roman/Varus battlesite near Hamburg teutoberger forests/kalkriese where the Germans gave the romans a good beating and wiped them out to a man, think it was discovered by Major Clunn (i think)

Brendan

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg51836.html#msg51836

Silver Member

purrrr
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Germany

2940.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

fisher 1266 and f2
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 04:32:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

so do you detect at all over there,whats the story in N.Ireland,bummer is if you find any thing nice in eire you cant report it,so I think the Irish state is the big looser,pitty,I remember in the 1980ties the Derry na flan was found,think thats how you spelly it,since then detecting is illeagal,same here in switzerland got to be careful,Im going to hit the fields weekend,and see what comes up,got a new roman site,so wish me luck,,any finds to show Brendan,would like to see some finds from there,,,good luck and HH mikek,,,o yea the minelab is great on the fields,,,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7742.msg52013.html#msg52013

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: