[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline capnrichTopic starter
Bronze Member

I'm hungry like the wolf...
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, GTI 2500, ProPointer, kneepads
« on: May 16, 2009, 07:33:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Summer is nearly here and I've gotten better at my machine! I'm hoping there is someone here in Minnesota that maybe wants to share info or get together for a hunt or two. My son and I are anxious to find productive sites. I'm researching an area where the Chicago gangsters used to vacation here in Minnesota, hope to uncover treasure there!
Get in touch!
Rich Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5378.msg33414.html#msg33414

I'm hooked on Thunting!

Offline farmdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2085.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:56:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Capnrich,

I just stumbled across this post. This website takes a while to figure out  Wink Like I mentioned before I'm in the Twin Cities area but have yet to buy a detector or do any real hunting or research yet. This hobby was something I have been interested in for a while and I happened to stumble across the site and couldn't resist not joining and thus began my THing education!  Smiley When I do get around to buying a detector I'll have already learned a lot. 

Dillinger and the rest of the gangsters of his time had to have stashed some things around the area while going back and forth from St. Paul (their safe haven from law enforcement) and whatever areas they were looting. Well maybe not but its fun to think that way at least. I have only scanned through this book years ago but plan on picking it up again sometime soon. It may interest you.  It's called "Dillinger slept here" take a look. Good luck!

I'll let you know when I buy a detector and we'll have to catch up for some hunts!

HH,

farmdigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5378.msg40351.html#msg40351

Offline capnrichTopic starter
Bronze Member

I'm hungry like the wolf...
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, GTI 2500, ProPointer, kneepads
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:37:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the reply Farmdigger! I'm not sure about the coming weekends, but if you'd like to come an hunt with my son and I, you could use my Ace250. I'm having a ball with my recently aquired GTI2500 so I have the Ace as a backup.My son uses a White's Prizm III. We always share the Propointer.We usually go out on Saturdays and spend the day, maybe area parks or whatever sounds good! We have a ball, sometimes it get competitive! Always fun tho!
Let me know what ya think and we'd be happy to have you along. I'm by no means an expert in this hobby, but I love to learn! If you don't mind tagging along with a 55 yo dude Wise and my son(born in 1980). The grandson (13) loses interest easily, so we don't always bring him.
Talk to you later,
Rich Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5378.msg40516.html#msg40516

I'm hooked on Thunting!

Offline farmdigger
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2085.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:56:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Capnrich, thank you, thats a very generous offer. Sounds like you guys have a really good time! Things are sorta crazy here at the moment but perhaps in the fall I'll be able to make it out and I will definitely have a detector by than. HH!   Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5378.msg40856.html#msg40856

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: