[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:53:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I just seen this posted somewhere   Shocked

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310982.html#msg310982

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 03:16:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

I saw that one a couple of days ago on the news. What a few millimeters would do when you need them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310983.html#msg310983

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:27:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I saw that one a couple of days ago on the news. What a few millimeters would do when you need them.

I have had similar things happen to me in OZ, Back in 1985 I found out that I knew how to do 4 wheel Drifting on the Highway at 62 MPH /100Ks In my Ford Fairlane I was never so glad in all my life to have that V8, The Mrs was at the point of no return  Shocked  But I drifted up to the car that was blocking the highway and flicked the wheel and spun the fairlane and I passed the other car nose to nose and flicked it the other way to get back in my lane and just carried on home, it took me about 2 weeks to simmer down and till this day I don't know what made me do such a thing, More like Dukes of Hazzard meets Smoky and the Bandit Rider Pray Pray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310984.html#msg310984

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was in Julian, California, on a friend's mining claim working it with my son who was about 20 at the time - he's 50 this year - when a truck went over an embankment and knocked down the cliff edge where we had our ropes fastened. The rock and rubble landed directly behind us and the truck was hanging over the edge balancing. The driver tried to get out and fell on top of the rubble breaking his legs (both). We were stunned, of course and now had no way back up. We built a travois from some deadfallen trees and carried him around 10 miles downstream to a dirt road and then my son went for help. Amazingly, the truck was rescued and the fellow was all right after his legs healed up. The close call was for us. The cliff rock edge weighed about 2 tons and narrowly missed us when it fell. The truck, well, had that fallen, I would not be here. To the delight of some, I'm sure.

Mining for gold does have its dangers in many forms. My son and I went back to get our gear and reestablish the rope access and when we got there the water levels had risen and a lot of the cliff face had been washed by the stream. We found more than 12oz troy that day. We had both called in a vacation day to go and retrieve our gear so a day off and the Sunday before were days to remember.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310986.html#msg310986

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:54:25 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:59:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

It just goes to show how a simple day out can become a nightmare that guys was very lucky you and your Son were there to get him out of there,,I would not of liked his chances with the wildlife if you had not of been there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310991.html#msg310991

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 07:17:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

His truck was visible from the roadway so it wasn't too bad. He would have been there until a state trooper went by to check it out. The cliff was steep on both sides of the stream so helicopter rescue was impossible. My son and I are both woodsmen so we just did what had to be done without delay. He wasn't happy at first but by the time the shock wore off, he was on board with hurrying. This was early cell phone days so my son had to go to a phone. No signal at all and no hope of one. My phone was a monster compared to today's phones.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62841.msg310992.html#msg310992

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: