[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« on: March 15, 2015, 06:27:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

I have done Tests with Batteries here's what I Got,

1) The Standard HD 2200mah NiMh Pack 4 hours 20 minutes
2) The Dry Cell Pack Fitted with 8 X 2650 mah NiMh AAs =(11.63 volts) 6 hours 37 minutes
3) Modified Dry Cell Pack to Fit 9 x 2700 mah NiMh AAs =(13.009 volts) 6 hours 38 minutes

NOW IF YOU USE:- Righto If you use 2900 mah NiMh Batteries you should get Around 7 and A half to 8 Hours Run time, which is more than enough with out Taking A Break, So My Advise to All You Fellow TDI SL Brothers and Sisters, Is To Use the Dry Cell Pack with either 2650s, 2700s or 2900s As Your Main Pack and use your Standard HD 2200 Factory Pack As Your Backup,
Using the 2650s and the 2700s works out 4 X Cheaper than Buying the RNB Pack.

NOW YOU:- Now You might of noticed that I Modified the Dry Cell Pack To Except 9 X AA's, Why you might Ask??, Well many People have Claimed that By Increasing the Input Voltage That you would Get More Depth?? Well It Did To A Degree But it helps the Sensitivity more than depth because it is running at A Peak Voltage, Is it worth the $10.00s to buy an extra Battery and the Single Battery Holder, Maybe?? But for ease of Use I am Going back to using 8 X 2700+ Batteries, Although I was Running A Higher Voltage It did Not Give me more Run Time as I expected, Because when you increase the Input Voltage that has A Down Side, Because The TDIs will Consume more Amperage as with all things Do although that 13.00 volts does give you a Happy feeling Inside,

If you are going to Carry Disposable Batteries then Only Use Energizer Lithium's as they have A Much higher Voltage than Duracell's and Normal Energizers at 1.61 Volts, Where AS The Energizer Lithium's Have 1.83 volts which @ 8 X 1.83 = 14.64 Volts, DON'T PANIC Because the TDI SL Can Run 16.00 Volts Safely, OK,
NOW These Energizer Lithium's Have A 10 Year Shelf Life, and have Working Temperature of -40*c to + 40*c++, and they are the only Battery that Is Guaranteed Not To Leak, So If you Own ANYTHING of Value to YOU Only Use these Batteries In It and Even more So with your Detectors because The High Voltage Makes the Machine A Bit Deeper and A Little More Sensitive and A Longer Run Time than Normal Energizers or Duracell,

Please Note That Duracell's work Better than the Normal Energizers because Duracell's power slowly goes down, Where as Normal Energizers stay Bright and then the Voltage suddenly drops Fast and if you are using them in a flash light/Torch Then Don't Be Surprized if you find your self in the Dark,

Anyways I hope this Helps,

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59938.msg293502.html#msg293502

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male