[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 01:57:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
couple of years ago, you had to pay over $300.00 for a working pair for development

Sure but as it gets used more and more the price of them come down as you have just said you can now get them for $60.00 buy them in bulk and you'll get them a lot less. You could probably use some off the shelf head phones  to place you unit in, that would cut your manufacturing cost so at the end of the day you could have a good product at a reasonable price. Any way I'm looking forward to seeing your proto type in action.

All the best
Xavier  

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248460.html#msg248460

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:02:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Trying to figure out how your going to Process the Audio Info And inject it into the Phone audio.

You can use a delay Line on the Blue tooth and Inject the Audio Information at the End?  Just Prior to Transmission?

That would bring things into a More Real Time and Less Delay?

I'm talking out my Azz here because I have no Idea how blue tooth works .

Assuming it a Digital Scheme how could you impose the Audio over it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248461.html#msg248461

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 02:24:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The way I see it, it's the phone that will send the signal to the Bluetooth when it rings, one module will be attached to the phone and the other to the head set. 

Posted on: January 19, 2013, 09:21:48 PM
Actually the phone already has Bluetooth don't it?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248466.html#msg248466

Xavier

Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What I need is a wireless feed of the detector output beep which isn't dependent on Bluetooth. This thing works just perfectly so I don't really need any advice on linking it all together. It's just that the entire Bluetooth signal is delayed by around 300ms making your beep delayed to around 5.8cm off of target. By itself, this wouldn't necessarily be bad because you could compensate. The problem arises when you don't know which direction the coil is swinging when you get the beep. If left, you will be 5.8cm off to the right. If the opposite, to the left. You see what we're up against?

So, the been needs to be independent of the Bluetooth device and be transmitted with no delay. That means an additional source of analog channel for the signal. This makes things complicated, as they say.

But, I'm on it. Just don't have enough time in a day to spend on personal projects. Being self employed means you have the worst boss in the universe.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248498.html#msg248498

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK I think I got it now, the signal from the detector is sent via Bluetooth to the head set and if the phone rings it turns off the signal from the detector and connects you to the phone? If this is correct then why not have the signal from the detector be sent to the head set via normal TX signal then if the phone rings the Bluetooth turns off the TX and connects you to the phone? The disadvantage that I can see is that if someone else is close to you with the same detector he will hear your signal unless his detector's TX signal is set to a different frequency. Or am I talking utter nonsense now?     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248540.html#msg248540

Xavier

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 09:33:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by xavier
OK I think I got it now, the signal from the detector is sent via Bluetooth to the head set and if the phone rings it turns off the signal from the detector and connects you to the phone? If this is correct then why not have the signal from the detector be sent to the head set via normal TX signal then if the phone rings the Bluetooth turns off the TX and connects you to the phone? The disadvantage that I can see is that if someone else is close to you with the same detector he will hear your signal unless his detector's TX signal is set to a different frequency. Or am I talking utter nonsense now?

Your first part is correct but the protocols on Bluetooth do not allow for analog signals at all. In order to take the signal directly from the detector to the headset requires another analog channel. That's the issue I'm dealing with. Yes, the headset is silent except for the phone ringing and you answering, etc. If you don't want to use that feature at all, then you can buy wireless headsets for a few dollars on eBay. Combining the Bluetooth and the analog is a problem due mostly to proximity. Two RF circuts in a tiny space don't cooperate well. After my most recent testing, I may scrap the project entirely and come up with my own system that can handle both on one stream and still answer phones. More like today's modern headphone mike wired hands free kits but made wireless.

Onward!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248542.html#msg248542

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 09:38:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK now I get it but I still have a question can you not turn things on and off using the Bluetooth like a port on a micro possessor?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248544.html#msg248544

Xavier

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 09:45:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Bluetooth requires a heartbeat going constantly. It sends a digital command and response one tenth of a second apart. Now that is one of the reasons the delay occurs. That and the digital conversion of any sounds. When you use your phone with a Bluetooth device, that kind of delay isn't even noticed but swinging a coil means your beep occurs a few centimeters from target center. In only one direction? Manageable. Since it occurs in 2 dimensions on an XY plane, it is very difficult to compensate for the delay effects. The detector coil would need an accelerometer to sense which way the coil was and how far. I'm sure you can envision the resultant compensation calculations needed and then the digitizing. It would make things worse, not better.

So, after yesterday's testing, I have deemed this one impractical and I will abandon the use fo Bluetooth for this application. I'm going to use my module for controlling lights, fans, heaters and things like that around my house. Yes, I am an avid tinkerer and will be until I die, mate.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248546.html#msg248546

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 09:54:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well GD I'm a firm believer that to all complicated problem their is a simple solution Ya just have to find it LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248549.html#msg248549

Xavier

Offline Pgill
Gold Member

From wet and dull UK :-)
Thank you6

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

9290.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250 / Whites MXT Pro
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 11:12:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

GD, good idea to move this topic from the South African topic  Great that pea (Xavier) there will cause anything to get lost  Funny Funny Funny

Now to get serious  Great I understand all that you have said with the delay in Bluetooth, but how do they get it right with the Xp Deus detector, as the signal from the coil is also Bluetooth and not cable, and the control panel is Bluetooth, and the headphones.... that is a lot of Bluetooth signals being processed and has to be exactly processed when going over the target and sent to each unit of the detector at the exact time without the delay.... there has to be a way seeing as they do it  Idea just a thought.... Umm maybe you can get a Deus diagram or something  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,45731.msg248563.html#msg248563

God Bless
Peter

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/treasurestore.htm