[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jeschlimanTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites coin master pro & bounty hunter DE 280
« on: September 18, 2010, 11:02:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

earlier this week i bought a used metal detector from a posting on craigslist.  It appears to be an older model.  It came with a hard case for carrying and storage.when i went to the seller's house she showed me what was in the case and everything was still in it's plastic wrapping, so I didn't think to look everything over.  As I was putting everything together the two part telescoping shaft doesn't stay together.  the operator's manual shows that there is a compression ring which goes into a knurled collar that threads onto the upper unit.  The compression ring is missing and the manual has a caution note at the bottom which says "CAUTION: Avoid losing the compression ring during unpacking or assembly".  I've sent an e-mail to the tech support folks at bounty hunter and they've never heard of this model?Huh??  The last several nights i've gone to several hardware stores and nobody has the compression ring or knows where i would get something like that.  CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE HELP ME FIND THE PART I NEED?  Or does anyone know anything about the type of detector i got? Idea
thank you,
josh eschliman from spokane valley, Wa.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18019.msg116220.html#msg116220

JoSh
SpOkAnE, WaShInGtOn

Offline mdiede57
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

compas au52 & bounty hunter De280 Outlaw
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:24:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

If this is the DE 280 Outlaw, I have one that I could part with, it has the shaft, however, it is NON-functional condition at this time, I has problems, and was going to repair it, but, no schematic, I didnt make the best notes on the wiring, I would like to get it fixed, if anyone out there around the Phoenix area knows about this, however, I would consider selling it AS IS, (make an offer, silly or not). I did not mention, I have the 8" (estimating only) coil and the 12" coil for it. So, basically, you would be buying the shaft and 2 good coils.
On the other hand, I could find a ring for it, and manage to get you one like it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18019.msg116222.html#msg116222

Offline Agraz
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Mexico

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

arsenal (VLF,MFD,PI,etc)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:21:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

anyone have a internal picture of the 280 outlaw?, to see the wiring, greetings.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18019.msg260371.html#msg260371

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: