[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Get TechnicalTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 87.0.4280.67
Chrome 87.0.4280.67

Awards

Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505; GC1020 A-3; GC 1019
« on: December 04, 2020, 12:15:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I can now detect a penny [air testing] at 7.5 inches with a gain [sensitivity setting of 9]  There was no advantage of moving it up to 11 or twelve.  The same result happens using a dime.  After using it in the field a few days ago, I have decided that my settings will now be notch and nine for gain.  I plan to notch out only the soda cap.  If I get the middle tone on those lower icons, whatever is buried needs to be investigated.

I changed R49 to 850K.  In hindsight, it would have been better to have used 900K.  I changed R50 to 201 ohms (measured with Heath IM-2215).  I also "in-circuit" bridged resistor with my schematic I.D. ER-1, but in the end I did not change the value of that emitter resistor.  You will note that all original resistors installed have covered the board printing.   Resistor values were determined by bridging the resistors with my Eico Model 1140, then removing and measuring the both of them while in parallel.  Individually, they all produced a change in sensitivity with "in-circuit" bridging.

My other two detectors cannot compete with this one.  I worked with the other GC and the Bounty Hunter using the same method, but there wasn't enough gain to warrant making changes.

Well, I guess I am unable to upload my diagram and photos.  I would need help with that since all I get is an error.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,71443.msg331454.html#msg331454

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 83.0
Firefox 83.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 10:37:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome! You'll be able to do all a forum functions once you have 15 posts, which allows full membership. Patience, Grasshopper, this is a fascinating and friendly place. You will gain full access very soon. Then, you can upload pictures, download full datasheets and all manner of sexy things.

Yours is an interesting post. You would do well to take some time and introduce yourself. You know, let us know where you are living, where and what you like to search for and your favorite equipment to use.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,71443.msg331463.html#msg331463

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Get TechnicalTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

15.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 87.0.4280.67
Chrome 87.0.4280.67

Awards

Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505; GC1020 A-3; GC 1019
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oops, I pulled out to check something and lost what I put in here.  Yeah, I discovered that my files were way too large anyway.  So, I forged ahead and did some videos which are posted on You Tube, but they haven't been through video editing.  I never knew how to do it.  My neighbor came over and helped me, but I still cannot take out pieces I don't want in there.  I did remember how to get the videos into the story board.    He let me use his Go Pro that he wasn't using.  What a camera that is!  I have the videos in the story board and that is as far as I can function.

I'm eighty years old and live in Ashland, Maine

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,71443.msg331465.html#msg331465

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: