[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline DiggerwarraTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 66.0.3359.181
Chrome 66.0.3359.181

Awards

MD-3006
« on: May 28, 2018, 06:37:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

G'day all.
I've recently really gotten into metal detecting and have been using for the past 2 months a lower end MD-3006 detector which is not great for ferrous rich soil but not bad at beaches and non ferrous rich soils. Anyhow just recently my detector has been malfunctioning, the needle on the detector has been suddenly pegging hard on the ferrous end of the meter and so I hit the red button on the handle to zero it and it then the needle does not at all move in any direction when the coils pass over metallic objects. I then pressed the coil enclosure onto the ground and it brought the needle to extreme ferrous end then I zero it and it works again. Then it got worse during the day and I put my foot on the coil enclosure which I was wearing steel capped boots and that pegged the needle to the non ferrous end and taking my foot off it was back to zero mid point. It then kept on pegging at the ferrous end of the meter whenever I accidentally bump the coil enclosure and I so I did the foot trick to get it back but after a few times it has literally stopped working! So switching the detector off and on again the needle will peg at non ferrous and I zero it pressing red button, but when passing the coil over metal the needle won't move at all. I admit over the past 2 months of detecting I have often accidentally hit trees and objects while metal detecting so it has copped a beating and I wonder if that has ultimately upset anything in the circuitry? Anyhow I decided to open the coil enclosure and everything looks pretty well in place, the wires are hot glued in position, nothing is loose. I have attached a couple of pics to show how the coils are looking. So I would like to know what would likely be the fault with my metal detector and is it in the coil pack or a circuitry fault? Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Troy

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67381.msg324458.html#msg324458

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

coil1.jpg
coil2.jpg

« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:38:12 am by Diggerwarra »
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 60.0
Firefox 60.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Was it working good in the past?  Pressing the Red Button when you tune it still working ?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67381.msg324459.html#msg324459

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: