[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 08:17:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Boogi
Doubt that I have is concerning experience in building and using one of those. Maybe it's easier to trim one than another, maybe one is more unstable than another, maybe one is more sensitive than another ( for same coil ) , maybe one is more durable for same accu than another  ... I DON'T KNOW what maybe is still possible to appear.
All I wanted to hear is experience from people who built it and use it - which one and in which aspects one is better/worse than another.

Then ask a more direct question. I asked you a question because I have many, many years of experience in designing and building detectors. You clearly do not. You choose to be stubborn and not answer me. Good for you. You're on your own.

Posted on: April 11, 2013, 04:16:17 AM
I found PIM2 and Delta pulse 2 interesting projects and I am gonig to ask if you are in my position which one would you choose?

Here is your original question. There is no possible way to answer it since we do not know "your position" at all.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg255952.html#msg255952

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 09:06:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

All I wanted to hear is experience from people who built it and use it - which one and in which aspects one is better/worse than another.

Its obvious you will not like the answer so why keep asking. You will not lets folks here help you and you don't like the answers you got on other forums so it looks like your on your own. To bad you had the best tech in the world trying to help you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg255958.html#msg255958

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
To bad you had the best tech in the world trying to help you.

Where? Did I miss him? Her???

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg255968.html#msg255968

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Where? Did I miss him? Her???

That guy with the funny hair cut and the white coat

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg255974.html#msg255974

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by seldom
That guy with the funny hair cut and the white coat

Eugene52 was here? He never even stopped by for coffee.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg255975.html#msg255975

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BoogiTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Bosnia and Herzegovina

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 10:55:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

OK.
First of all I want to apologise to people here who tried to help me,if I spent their time for nothing.That was not my aim.

Yes,that is true that I have asked same question on another forum - I don't find it wrong because more opinions I hear  it would be easier for me to make some decisions. Am I happy and satisfied with answer that's only concerning me.
Yes,truth is, that  that answer didn't gave me some specific information why one not the other.Just someones subjective opinion.
Yes, I have asked wrong question,or to be more specific,question with not enough details.

I have been asked questions here in order to get best help.You guys have a lot of experience in this and I suppose that if I have sad I would chase for coins maybe you would say - Boogi that one is better for that aim than another because of that and that and that. Or maybe not - some third is better than two you have asked.You guys are professionals and you look on it professionally.

My job takes me a lot of time and I use every minute of my free time to go out in nature.I was asked how am I planing to be treasure hunter?What will I search for?
The truth is I do not plan to search for something specific and that is the reason why I can not answer the question. I experience all this as hobby at this moment.
Maybe I will find some coin,maybe some Al can or nail or... For beginning I will be satisfied with that. Of course, I hope I will learn something.

Aim of my question was to find out which one will give me less headache in building and basic trimming.

I decided to build PIM2 for start.

Now,If you don't mind, few more questions -  coil is powered from +12V.What would happen if I power it from +24V and rest of electronic from +12V? How would coil react? Do I have to change something on PCB? Would MD be more sensitive?

Once again - sorry if I offended somebody here.
BR
Boogi

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg256019.html#msg256019

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:20:45 am by Boogi »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

The truth is I do not plan to search for something specific and that is the reason why I can not answer the question. I experience all this as hobby at this moment.

Then that should have been your answer. You see, a general purpose machine is what you want. We could have given you  real answers instead of guessing. Did you offend us? Heaven's no. Did you get an answer from us? No. The reason for that is because we would rather not give you a WRONG answer based on OUR use of our machines.

You sound like an arrogant "know it all" newbie. You are well suited to deciding for yourself any wrong answer you choose and now, you can live with it. It appears that you really didn't want an answer.

Posted on: April 12, 2013, 07:13:15 PM
Now,If you don't mind, few more questions -  coil is powered from +12V.What would happen if I power it from +24V and rest of electronic from +12V? How would coil react? Would MD be more sensitive?

No. You would damage your machine.

Posted on: April 12, 2013, 07:14:36 PM
It appears to me that you are not as savvy in electronics as you believe you are.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg256022.html#msg256022

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BoogiTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Bosnia and Herzegovina

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 12:09:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for answer.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg256026.html#msg256026

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 05:46:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Not to mention the Back EMF , Flyback would toast more then the Coil. Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg256047.html#msg256047

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 06:27:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire, the internal circuit resistance would fry his MOSFET in a few seconds time just with the DC applied. The MOSFETs are normally designed into the circuit using double or triple the maximum rating but all bets are off if you exceed the voltage of the design. His best bet to increase power is to simply align it and keep checking the alignment regularly for drift. Once the components wear in a little, that drift will diminish.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46670.msg256056.html#msg256056

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: