[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 44.0
Firefox 44.0

Awards
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 10:54:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

NE555 that circuit you posted is from the PI version.   My bet is the XL / XS 500 VLF is a Cousin to the AT3.   They both use three 9 Volt batteries but the AT has NO on board charging facilities.

Both VLF,  15 Khz, ....      The AT uses two batteries in series for 18vdc that may be the reason for the 24volt.   In order to charge the single 9 volt is just a Zener.   The Automotive charger may be as simple as a Voltage Double,  Diode and Cap. 

Notice the PI Version has Steering Diodes to Protect Reverse Polarity and Direct to battery Via Head Phone Jack.?  All other voltage comes from Battery.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308704.html#msg308704

Offline johnboydetecting
Silver Member

Mood:Mischievous
Mischievous

it can't stay buried forever
Thank you75

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

3351.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

cobra beach magnet            minlab gofind 60                       cscope cs5mx.                    fisher 1225 mx.                   garratt 100
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 01:13:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Because you are clearly worthy of it. But then, you meed only bow your head, not necessary to genuflect. Wink

Grow up.
you start arguments by taking offence about silly things that's not even about you or you talk down to people and then tell them to grow up well more like you should GROW A PAIR  and say sorry once in a while  or is that much to ask of your lordship  Rider Fight Round About Violent

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308717.html#msg308717

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:18:48 pm by johnboydetecting »

EAT SLEEP DETECT REPEAT

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 44.0
Firefox 44.0

Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 02:15:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Were Not here  to Sqabble..   We have to power to fix this. Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308718.html#msg308718

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2016, 03:00:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnboydetecting
you start arguments by taking offence about silly things that's not even about you or you talk down to people and then tell them to grow up well more like you should GROW A PAIR  and say sorry once in a while  or is that much to ask of your lordship  Rider Fight Round About Violent

I am only sorry that you took offense. That means it's YOU who has the problem. Not me. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You, on the other hand, have been doing your best to undermine my help for the guy who asked the question. So, I will repeat. Grow up.

Posted on: February 01, 2016, 10:51:24 pm
I just got off the phone with Garrett after an hour of discussion on various matters in addition to this one. Here is what I found out.

First of all, your machine is not typical and not the same as any other Sea Hunter. The 3 9v battery configuration is absolutely unique and no other charger than the one you need can be used. So to answer your question, it does not matter if I have a pulse or vlf unit. It will not work for you. The output of that car charger is 29v ac, not DC and is generated by a miniature inverter that fit inside of a slightly enlarged cigarette lighter plug that also had venting to cool it. In order to make one for you, I would need to throw together an inverter and would probably put it into a box rather than the lighter plug with an output to the device. Also, the connector by itself has a cost of $85.00US and is a special order item only. The charger i found for you is half that price so I'd go for it if I were you.

A friend of mine closed his car door on the connector, lopping it off and crushing it to bits. Beyond repair. I made him a new one from 1/2 Acrylic using two brass rods for the pins. Since the car charger was never going underwater, it was a safe option.

So, let me know if you want me to build you an inverter. As long as I don't need to run out and buy parts, there won't be any cost to you except shipping when it is finished. The current requirement is under 100ma so a small center tapped transformer is all we need to do the trick or, I can set up a sine wave circuit using a small DC-DC converter.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308722.html#msg308722

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline johnboydetecting
Silver Member

Mischievous

Thank you75

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

3351.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

cobra beach magnet            minlab gofind 60                       cscope cs5mx.                    fisher 1225 mx.                   garratt 100
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I am only sorry that you took offense. That means it's YOU who has the problem. Not me. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You, on the other hand, have been doing your best to undermine my help for the guy who asked the question. So, I will repeat. Grow up.
Grow a pair you start something then blame anyone else
U accused me of undermining you when all i said was that i hope garret give you the right info so please can u tell Me how is that undermining you? :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308724.html#msg308724

EAT SLEEP DETECT REPEAT

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2016, 03:12:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by johnboydetecting
Grow a pair you start something then blame anyone else
U accused me of undermining you when all i said was that i hope garret give you the right info so please can u tell Me how is that undermining you? :Smiley

Good grief! THAT'S what you upset about? For pity sake, the reason I said something is that you didn't have to imply that a well respected detector company for whom I have direct contacts is anything less than helpful. I told you and anyone else who cared to read it that I would get the information. Not that I MIGHT get it. But that I WOULD get it. And you come along and mock that with your nonsense. So if YOU want to take offense at that, go for it. That's YOUR problem. Not mine. And you now have told me I hurt your feelings. So go to yrou "safe space" and get over it.

I spent an hour of my time on the phone to day on a long distance call to help two people from this forum and two more from another forum. So you can see how mean I am. I'm a horrible person for doing that. Just keep on believing that and move along. Stop listening to the folks here who feed information into your ears by whispers and just take what I do and say because I am allowed to do it and say it. Just like you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308725.html#msg308725

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:15:14 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 44.0
Firefox 44.0

Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2016, 03:14:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The XS,  XL VLF had a short life And No to little support.  Zero Documentation second hand.  It was a looser !  One of Garrett's Failures  Few and only Failures.  Owned many a Garrett  machines and the only complaint from me was always the battery set up.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308726.html#msg308726

Offline johnboydetecting
Silver Member

Mischievous

Thank you75

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

3351.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2016, 04:35:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

OK what ever you say but all i meant was because this detector is old and diffrent to most others they might give u details for one of the diffrent ones or just not know and  also how am i supposed to know you have a direct contacts within garret :Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308728.html#msg308728

EAT SLEEP DETECT REPEAT

Offline conanTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

Australia

195.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Windows Vista/Server 2008
Firefox 43.0
Firefox 43.0

Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2016, 05:42:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First thank you Golddigger For collectors point of view I will get in touch with the fellow down here
and get the charger and at the same time see if he has any more knowledge on the unit
And second thanks for asking but for practical use when the need comes by to use more then one Me and my diving friend
because we have one each is To feed the 110 AC charger from the car with a 12 volt 110 inverter that sells for $15
I don't know if you have anymore to tell me Golddigger in relation to the other mater ADS 6-7 Black Modules
It would have being a good time to see if they had one in the obsolete bin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308731.html#msg308731

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 42.0
Firefox 42.0

Awards

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2016, 03:10:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by conan
I don't know if you have anymore to tell me Golddigger in relation to the other mater ADS 6-7 Black Modules
It would have being a good time to see if they had one in the obsolete bin

Unfortunately, I was not near to the computer when that request came in from you to ask. I was in my lab working on some model railroading projects - electronic controls. The phone rang and I spent an hour catching up with the technician and chatting about the weather for a few minutes. Then we spent an hour or so tralking about parts, issues and repairs. After I said goodbye, I read your message. Sorry. They're busy there with some new projects and some awesome new battery designs which will allow us much greater field time.

If you send them an e-mail making your inquiry to sales@garrett.com they'll get back to you with information. They will need the exact model number of your machine and a better description than you posted here to find your replacement. Even a picture of where it goes would be helpful.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,62471.msg308748.html#msg308748

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.