[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Eugene52Topic starter
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 04:30:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by JCPinCt
If anyone comes up with a schematic for a Minelab Sovereign XS, I would be interested. I have an older Sovereign XS and it seems the caps in the transmitter output section go out of tolerance after time. Need a schematic to replace some of them, as some are not IDed on the circuit board, Minelab took the #s off them.

Hello JCPinCt . Till today , no full sovereign schematic has been posted on the web . I have only seen hand drawn partial schematics . If I find it , I will post it . If not , you can use an oscilloscope to optimize or peak your tx output , by taking one of the capactors out of the circuit and measure the capacitance and then replace and test with assorted "close values" and looking at the scope while doing this . Or calculate with the formulas used for unknown capacitance , since you know the other factors such as your machines frequency and search coil resisistance . A lot of things you can try while you are waiting for a schematic . Is your search coil O.K. and in spec. ?........I will look for the partial drawings .......Regards.......Eugene

I almost forgot sovereign is BBS broadband technology 17 frequency so the capacitors probably are precision for a flat output response across the frequency band !!                     

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Hello JCPinCt . Till today , no full sovereign schematic has been posted on the web . I have only seen hand drawn partial schematics . If I find it , I will post it . If not , you can use an oscilloscope to optimize or peak your tx output , by taking one of the capactors out of the circuit and measure the capacitance and then replace and test with assorted "close values" and looking at the scope while doing this . Or calculate with the formulas used for unknown capacitance , since you know the other factors such as your machines frequency and search coil resisistance . A lot of things you can try while you are waiting for a schematic . Is your search coil O.K. and in spec. ?........I will look for the partial drawings .......Regards.......Eugene

I almost forgot sovereign is BBS broadband technology 17 frequency so the capacitors probably are precision for a flat output response across the frequency band !!                                

Hello again . This is all I have in my archives on the sovereign.............Regards............Eugene

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg32850.html#msg32850

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

sov1.jpg
sov2.jpg
sovereign.jpg
sovresxy001.jpg

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:55:24 am by Christian »

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

Offline der_fisherman
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Germany

200.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 03:41:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

If it was me, I would carefully unsolder each one (singly, not together), measure its value and replace it with one of the best quality I could afford.

Even soldering a preset variable cap across it and seeing if a better setup can be achieved, could also be done.....checking the accuracy of the signal on a 'scope, but expect to have a fiddly job working it all out...
A basic understanding of what and how it works is needed before doing this though.....

Best wishes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg32945.html#msg32945

Offline JCPinCt
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

945.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pulsepower Aquastar, Sovereign GT, waterproofed Sovereign XS, Nautilus DMC
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 01:19:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Unfortunately I sold my scope a few years ago so I won't be trying to high tune it. But I know the caps tend to go out of tolerance after a few years, so i just want to put new ones in with the same values. I ordered a few Mylar caps from Parts Express and they came in today, but they are 10% tolerance not the 5% which are in the detector, so I will look some other place for closer tolerances, try to find some 1% or better. Thanks for the diagrams, they aren't complete, but they might help. I haven't looked closely yet. I doubt anyone has a number on the ones that Minelab took the values off of. I don't feel like going through all the trouble of taking them out and finding what each one is, so I likely will just leave those several alone. I am mostly interested in the transmitter caps anyway. Thanks again. John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg32986.html#msg32986

Offline kd4mvc
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

ok guys and gals This is my first post.  I have found and old whites detector that has 3 tubes, large 100kc crystal and a transistor circuit board for audio and uses (1) 67.5 vdc battery  (1) large 9volt bat. and (1) large cell 1.5vdc bat. It has a small head attached and it has been modified by last owner.  I think it is a 64T/65T in the mod # 800-0280-1 and would like to find a schematic for it to get it back to original condition.  I can get it to work but think it could be better. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg33794.html#msg33794

Offline mercers
Pull Tab

Thank you2

Activity
0%

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 10:54:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi guys
I am looking for a magnetomet schametic

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg35424.html#msg35424

Offline Apocalypse Now
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Italy

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello,
I find schematics and circuit board photos for a Fisher cz 7apro.
Thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg36229.html#msg36229

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 05:06:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

On the Old Tube detector!

Give the patent #   ,,,,, I have seen it before.   You can build a voltage converter for it.   The high volts is for Grid Volts on the tubes.

Low Low Current.   Just hast to be there and clean!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg36236.html#msg36236

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:13:36 pm by homefire »
Offline kev
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

1015.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

c.scope
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 06:20:16 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi..looks good  Shocked happy Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg36295.html#msg36295

Offline mdiede57
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

United States

360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

compas au52 & bounty hunter De280 Outlaw
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 02:54:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Eugene,

Thanks for posting the schematics. There are lots of future "fun" to have here.

Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg40231.html#msg40231

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 01:56:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

kd4mvc;

Dont listen that stuff  about high voltage for the grids! The grids  ALWAYS had no or minus volts bias, as well, that is NOT 64T/65T.... that is a G not a 6!!!! but something is missing, it should be a 1G4T, a 1.28 volt filament tube without a separate cathode... the filament was also the cathode. A 1G4GT or 1G4T, a triode, which had NO grid 2, was a very low current tube with a very low filament current (I think the filament was 0.05 Amp, but I can get out my tube manual.)

The numbering, on tubes, often faded.

When I was a kid, in 1948/49 I had a battery radio that took an 8 inch tall (phone battery) 1.5 volt cell and a 90 volt pack. the radio had 2 or 3 - 1G4GTs, a 1G5GT power amp and a couple others (high impedance earphones dont take much power).... the 1.4 v battery would last a couple years, and the 90 volt, about a year! The radio was made by Philco.

I thought some of the early tube type detectors, had a 1L- designation, as the L was for LOCTAL, because the center pin had a lock ring (groove on the tube pin) to keep it from working out of the socket.

A tube, with a 6 in front of its  designation, was 6.3v but you have a 1.5 volt battery.... the 9v was for the transistor circuit. If it works, dont try to improve it, you have an ANTIQUE!

You can make a 67.5 volt inverter, using a 555 timer/oscillator, a 2N2222, an 18.9vac/120vac transformer. Use a simple, high voltage transistor (low current/ 150 v Collector to Emitter) as a regulator.... if you would like a schematic, for an inverter with regulator, I would have to whomp one up. Set the regulator for about +68 v before EVER plugging in the detector. Finally, red is always +v and the high voltage negative lead is always black. the filament can be green or just about any colour and is not +/- sensative since it is a filament, but usually the black was - 1.5v.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3404.msg40719.html#msg40719

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Jump to: