[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline cccalcoTopic starter
Knights of the Golden Circle
Bronze Member

Knights of the Golden Circle
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

890.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 11:45:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

While I don't even pretend that this movie has anything to do with hidden treasure I did post it here for its reference to historical Copperheads and their associated Knights of the Golden Circle and Sons of Liberty et al. When I originally started posting on this forum I discovered that some of those who "followed" these posts did not even believe that the KGC ever even existed but were a mere literary invention created in the 40's. There are still those who doubt the significance and influence of the KGC and I am not here to make them "believe". I am here to share the written record of history with those who may be interested in research. Now the movie Copperhead is a work of fiction and it is based on a work of fiction written in 1896. What these works do show is that at one time this nation was divided but not in ways that many think that it was.  Many 'treasure' hunters, when they turn up something in the earth may wonder what an object 'means' instead of what its worth that's why they do their research and that's why I post.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261732.html#msg261732

Knights of the Golden Circle Research and Archive

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by cccalco
Many 'treasure' hunters, when they turn up something in the earth may wonder what an object 'means' instead of what its worth that's why they do their research and that's why I post.

Amen to that one.   Since finds with high monetary value are pretty rare, it is a good thing that my great joy comes from researching the history behind the finds that I and my friends make......not that I'm going to throw back that million dollar find  Smiley

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261737.html#msg261737

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 02:52:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When did this movie come out, I wonder how many more movies contain A theme based around the KGC???

I did enjoy national treasures and the second one, Nick Cage does a good job in them even if they are just speculation but there again so are most movies,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261738.html#msg261738

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There  is no Proof the KGC was in America !

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261739.html#msg261739

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
There  is no Proof the KGC was in America !

You mean the Knights Templar. Right?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261741.html#msg261741

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 05:10:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep! that is the Bunch!    Just another Yammy thing.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261742.html#msg261742

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 06:59:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Heres an Idea, If the Knights Templer were in America then that would distroy A most important part of American History so those that make such claims should be exicuted for Treason Because that would Remove Cristopher Columbus from US History, So its about time this crap stops WE can not Slander A nations History on such a mamoth Scale, And Every Patiotic American who Has served deserves better, Guess What!!!! This Topic Has just Pi$$ me off

The Kights Templer were around from 1129 to 1312............Christopher Columbus 1451 to 1506.

By claiming them selves As Knights Templer is nothing more than men playing at being little boys play acting at being Knights, either
or it is like those who claim to be Marines or Seals and War Hero's, Either way that ia just plain Wrong.

This is the truth on this subject unless people back in the 12th century live 200+Years +.  These idiots who claimed to be KGC just stole a fancy name and as we all Know to become a Knight you have to be Knighted by a King or Queen and there are NO records of these people ever being Knighted and Mr Lincoln did not have the Status to preform such duties,   As the U.S.A.Has always had a President as the Head of State.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261757.html#msg261757

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 07:11:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
The Kights Templer were around from 1129 to 1312

You can blame Dan Brown and his books for resurrecting the Knights Templar and planting the seeds of modern day legend into his fans. The Knights Templar were the original Swiss Guard of the Roman Catholic Church who also had a very secret side. Their goal was to find the Holy Grail and protect it. They so often pretended to find it that nobody really knows what's true and what's not. That also makes their history very shady and indistinct. All that adds to legend. Today's Knights of Columbus is the last vestige of the Knights Templar but they are nothing close to those who allegedly pledged their life to defend the Catholic Church.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261758.html#msg261758

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 07:30:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Heres an Idea, If the Knights Templer were in America then that would distroy A most important part of American History so those that make such claims should be exicuted for Treason Because that would Remove Cristopher Columbus from US History, So its about time this crap stops WE can not Slander A nations History on such a mamoth Scale, And Every Patiotic American who Has served deserves better, Guess What!!!! This Topic Has just Pi$$ me off

The Kights Templer were around from 1129 to 1312............Christopher Columbus 1451 to 1506.

ahhhh, Ridge Runner, the Norse/Vikings beat Christopher Columbus-----and they were here in 1000 AD....which beats both CC and the Templars.  It is not beyond the realm of possibility that wayward europeans visited the Americas between the time of the Norse/Vikings and Columbus.   (in fact I can almost guarantee that "Vikings" from Greenland frequently made the trip to raid and trade up until shortly before the Viking settlements in Greenland vanished in the mid 1400's.   I can also almost guarantee that some North Atlantic fisherman managed to get blown ashore at one time or another)

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261759.html#msg261759

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 07:59:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Today's Knights of Columbus is the last vestige of the Knights Templar but they are nothing close to those who allegedly pledged their life to defend the Catholic Church.

Well GD that knocks it all into a tin hat, because that kills KGCs claims to being Knights Templar, So all they have done is creat a new name trying to give a bunch of wanna be's some form of class, But the truth is thieves and murderers will always be such, and no matter how shinny the name if it smells like it and looks like it then it just might be it,

Apart from Dan Browns books being all Lie's all he has done is made fools out of the believers because they cant work out that there is a 200 year+ gap in the dates and a time line of over 553 years (1312) from the end of the Knights Templar to Mr Lincoln's demise in 1865,

This topic can and is blown apart just with the dates alone Thats all the Proof that is needed to call it nothing but Lie's.

RR

Posted on: July 25, 2013, 07:48:14 PM
Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
the Norse/Vikings beat Christopher Columbus-----and they were here in 1000 AD....which beats both CC and the Templars.  It is not beyond the realm of possibility that wayward europeans visited the Americas between the time of the Norse/Vikings and Columbus.

BA, I have seen many history programs that back up what you say here because the Vikings were a ver adventurous bunch and their travels have been well documented just as you have stated here, they were in England in around 600AD and North America is just south west of their homeland so I can Believe that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47595.msg261761.html#msg261761

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: