[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline haroldnjoniTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Viper
« on: November 15, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After 6 years of frustrations panning for Gold this past winter I knew I had to go about this a little different. Hour upon Hour I would set at this computer researching and then researching some more.
 Smack dab in the middle of Gold country in the Eastern part of the United States it seemed I could not go wrong as in my arsonal of prospecting supplies I had my Gold Pans, Shovels, Mini Beaters, Hammers, Rock Picks, Classifiers and last but not least my Viper Metal Detector.
 It was back in mid May of 2011 out for our family weekend cruise in the middle of nowhere I seemed to be seeing alot of quartz rock along the road.
 Thinking to myself "if I were out there smacking that quartz around I just may find something in this rolling hills type country".
 My eyes could just not take anymore so in a whimper I asked my prospecting partner if she would mind driving while I walked the roadside and bash up some of the quartz rocks I was seeing.
 Of course she had no problem in driving so here I was in the middle of nowhere walking, breaking rock, taking looks to see if there was anything encased in this quartz.
 At about the time I was to give up I noticed there was a group of quartz that had some funny black lines running through it so I whacked it untill a peice about 10 lbs. broke off and I tossed it in the back of the vehicle, climed in the drivers seat and took off for home.
 During the course of that weekend trip I had plenty of quartz and spent my afternoons breaking up the chunks I had brought home and after not seeing what I was looking for wondered where did I go wrong after all the research I had done prior to this past trip we took hunting for Gold.
 Two weeks later on a Saturday I woke up and thought to myself "I am going fishing".
 Having an hour to waste before the bait shop opened I headed onto the back porch, sat down and started going through my peices of quartz with little hope I had over looked something.
 I picked up a piece of quartz and there giving off some intense colors of Silver and Gold my mind started to question just what the hay was this?
 Almost breaking the door down I scream at Joni "Just what in the world does this look like"?
 Well she came back with a word I had grown to love at first then began to hate.
 "Gold" she said under her breath!
 Right away I knew where it had come from, at least the general area.
 The following Monday we sent some specimens out to California to be looked over by the GPAA as we are both members there.
 Waiting for the news of what we had the day finaly arrived and opening the letter the GPAA had sent back to us confirmed Gold and Silver!
 With that kind of report we just had to go get more of the hard rock ore and that we did.
 On our 3rd trip back I see Joni getting some prospecting tools out of the back of the vehicle and where we were parked she did some rock breaking then she hollars at me "is this it"?
 Needless to say I was in the ditch filling buckets and hearing her I take a look from where I was and sure enough I had to tell her "yes" when I looked under the vehicle and dagumit there was a big, big bump in the road that showed up dark grey in color!
 That bump bothered us as no matter how hard we tried we could not get it to break apart so we could get the confounded bump out of the road.
 After 4 trips to this spot we finaly got the piece of ore to break loose from the vein and loaded up a 150lb. specimen of highly mineralized quartz.
 Since then we have had assays done and not only does it hold Gold and Silver but also Rhodium and Platinum!
 We go back to this place every few months and get a little more ore from the vein and I must say we do sleep alot better once we got this "bump" out of the road.
 The vein now is entombed in the ground under the dirt and no one would even have a clue it is there.
 Two weekends ago we went and visited this spot and watched with smiles as four different vehicles drove accross the Gold Vein in a matter of less then a half hour!
 No need to try and stake a claim on something that does not exisit we just casualy go through life knowing we beat the odds in a most unusual way but are always reminded that yes we did it! We found a major Gold Vein!
 I am sure at this point you would not mind seeing this 150lb. specimen so here ya go and always remember....Just because some say you will never find something like this I say "if you belive you can then thats means I know you can"!

HAPPY HUNTING!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201614.html#msg201614

There are 12 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

goldie after bath 001.jpg
goldie after bath 002.jpg
goldie after bath 003.jpg
goldie after bath 004.jpg
goldie after bath 005.jpg
goldie after bath 006.jpg
goldie after bath 007.jpg
goldie after bath 008.jpg
goldie after bath 009.jpg
goldie after bath 013.jpg
goldie after bath 014.jpg
goldie after bath 015.jpg

Offline andrea3
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Canada

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Awesome, just awesome!  Glad all that work has finally payed off in such a big way!

Great

Andréa

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201648.html#msg201648

Offline Brenda
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

365.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's MXT
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:07:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Wow! I looked at the pics and can see the gold and silver...awsome!!! Congrats! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201654.html#msg201654

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 04:26:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Fantastic find! This is what prospectors dream about. Your photos put a smile on my face. May I ask what you'll be doing with that specimen (leave it as is, section it carefully to see if there's more of the good stuff inside, or crush it?)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201671.html#msg201671

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 08:07:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Excellent find and posting! Thanky ou very much! I hope the vein will prove to be a real motherload! Please keep us posted!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201690.html#msg201690

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 10:30:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dang!     Time for a Crucher.    So you are going to file a Claim if posible right?

Let me guess, it's on State Land?  What State are you in?

What a hoot.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201706.html#msg201706

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:32:08 am by homefire »
Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great and awesome find!   Great  Thanks for showing it to us.  Any idea what that large a specimen is worth all by itself?  Beautiful piece of rock and precious metal!  Good luck in the future with your vein.  It gives us all a little extra hope!    Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201723.html#msg201723

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline haroldnjoniTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Viper
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I want to thank everyone for their positive replies! I am still full of questions myself about this vein as I know it is 22 foot long before going into hillsides and as far as width I am reluctant to say. We avoid the area for the most part even though its way out in the boonies as after spending just 8 hours total time there we saw 2 vehicles come through and thankfully no one gave us a second thought to as what we were up to. We did have an estimate of $133,000.00 for this 150lb. specimen but much smaller specimens from this same vein is bringing in some nice cash. This next summer we will be doing some intense studies to find out the size of the vein and Assays are showing on the low side 23 ounces of Gold per ton of ore so not bad when your looking at the worst case senerio. We will not tamper with the 150lb. specimen but hope someday we find someone to buy it but untill then we sell these small specimens from the same vein at much smaller prices. If I were good with chemicals then I would just extract the precious minerals and refine them but then again thats why these type specimens are so rare! I can only hope and pray that someday all of you will find an even better find then what we have but also add a warning to you that even though we made a nice score on this vein I am anxious to move on and find a new place with even greater treasures! This vein will always be there for us to visit and stock up ore with and who knows maybe one or more of you will stumble upon it yourself someday! Happy Hunting and thank you again!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201734.html#msg201734

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

ebay specimen 003.jpg

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Treating Gold like that with Hydrofluoric acid can raise the value by ten or more.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201738.html#msg201738

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 02:38:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sweet find for sure, and a good story to go with. I can definitely relate. Congrats on a great find!  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,28519.msg201745.html#msg201745

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: