[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:51:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Folks, Seeing as its winter here across the pond and we have had nothing but rain and floods, I decided to buy a CB Radio But thats where the problem starts, I have to program what channels I want in there because its one of them Hi Power Rigs with 6 banks of channels 5 have 40 channels in and 1 has 60 and if I press some buttons I can have 6 more banks of channels with another 360 channels to play with as it then becomes a 10 meter Ham Radio, (gotta get my Licence for that so Im staying off Them).

Anyways I want to program the US Channels in there but I have found that they are the same as the Australian Channels, So can some One in the US and In Australia Please check their Rig and tell me What is the frequencies of Channel 23 and 25 because some of the EU and England use the same 40 channels but the are on FM except Spain which use's them on AM and FM like the UK but channels 23 and 25 have swapped Places,
The reason Im asking here is because I checked on a few sites and I got 2 differant Answers out of 5 sites, anyway jump in if you can help.

Thanks everyone,,, AU 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273027.html#msg273027

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:55:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Google is your Helper for sure.    

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_usage_in_the_United_States

Here in the US a pile of folks Split the channels to Upper and Lower Side Band.   Effectively doubles the power.   NOT LEGAL!   Look up Single Side Band.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273029.html#msg273029

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:59:07 pm by homefire »
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 10:26:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
Google is your Helper for sure.   

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_usage_in_the_United_States

Here in the US a pile of folks Split the channels to Upper and Lower Side Band.   Effectively doubles the power.   NOT LEGAL!   Look up Single Side Band.

Hello Mate how are you and thanks for getting back to me,,, Here's the beast I got, But I see some in the US put out over 175 watts, Look up the Stryker 175 there was one on youtube cranking out 200 watts peaking today in the US, anyway heres the one I got it has enough Herbs to melt Coax and stip the paint of ya Hood,

Please Register or Login

http://www.k-po.com/K-PO-DX-5000-VERSION-6-0.2.html,

It covers from 25,610Mhz to about 30,400 Mhz I think and you can drop the power right down low which is cool,

thanks Mate,,AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273032.html#msg273032

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 10:30:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Legal limit for CB in the US is 5 Watts.    I ran a 15o Watt linear and could talk to Hawaii at night.   Sounded like I was talking just down the road.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273033.html#msg273033

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 11:29:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Legal limit for CB in the US is 5 Watts.    I ran a 15o Watt linear and could talk to Hawaii at night.   Sounded like I was talking just down the road.

Yeah I was thinking about buying a 400watt one but seeing as when I was in Oz I spoke to someone in broken Hill which is 892 miles as the crow flies from my home with just a gutter mounted 3ft ariel in my car and that was on LSB I thought this Rig has enough Juice for me for now, but I have seen a nice little 200watt amp as well and also a great 100watt fan cooled one too, I doing my home work on Base Ariels and mobiles ones ant the moment, I found a 9ft Tank whip I might get and also a base antenna that got more Gain than a 5/8 and another base antenna that has 9.9db Gain and Im working on a mobile Tripod system for out in the Bush and a portable 15meter one as well.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273036.html#msg273036

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:32:39 pm by Ridge Runner »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:00:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

SSB is most certainly legal but linear amplifiers above 5 wats for AM and 10 watts for SSB are illegal.

AU, you probably won't be hearing too much from US users since linear amplifiers went out of style when the FCC started jailing the users instead of just fining them and taking their equipment. Channel 19 is the trucker channel and all the others have groups like Snowbirds (people who flee the cold weather in motor homes), drug traffickers (who speak in coded words) and emergency channels (channel 9 is emergency only). If you get the right skip and bounce conditions, even a raw CB can get to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273043.html#msg273043

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Smokin_Cache
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 05:37:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was heavy in the CB at one time and I am a HAM. Never got into SSB so can't speak to that. Linears/amps are very common or they were just a few short years ago. Talking more than 100 miles or so on AM CB is difficult due to the popularity and noise. 5000 watt amps were very common. Even had a few in the area running 20,000 plus. 5000w will lite a 4ft bulb and keep it lite for hundreds of feet. Where do you live RR?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273044.html#msg273044

Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
SSB is most certainly legal but linear amplifiers above 5 wats for AM and 10 watts for SSB are illegal.

AU, you probably won't be hearing too much from US users since linear amplifiers went out of style when the FCC started jailing the users instead of just fining them and taking their equipment. Channel 19 is the trucker channel and all the others have groups like Snowbirds (people who flee the cold weather in motor homes), drug traffickers (who speak in coded words) and emergency channels (channel 9 is emergency only). If you get the right skip and bounce conditions, even a raw CB can get to you.

Thanks GD,,Two days ago I was listening on my SW and there was a Guy from Colorado talking to a Guy in Catalonia in Spain and I was inpressed with that considering I was using a Radio with a 2ft telescopic whip Antenna, You can buy all sizes of Linear Amps here but as you said not for CB, The Radio I have bought puts out 12 watts on AM and CW, and It puts out 40 watts on FM/SSB, So it works on the CB band and on 10 Meters which is good as it has multiple uses Also I am going to but a Yaesu FT60 2 meter duel band Hand Held, I am studing for my licence at pressent,

Its a thing that I have always wanted to do and nows the Time, I dont hear any one on the CBs in london, Its the same here it seems to of gone out of style, Back in the late 70s everyone had one and they were on the illegal AM 27Mhz so the Government let everyone use 27Mhz FM which doesnt carry no where near as far as it does not bounce like AM and as you know FM is line of sight,

America's 27 AM is used in Australia NewZeland, Canada But Spain and France and Italy and Germany are on AM/FM and some of the EU.
Its Also only 27Mhz FM in the UK, all these countries use the Stand US 40 Channels, So if anyone is coming over to Europe they might want to bring a CB, It might come in usefull,

AU

Posted on: February 06, 2014, 06:40:21 pm
Quote:Posted by Smokin_Cache
I was heavy in the CB at one time and I am a HAM. Never got into SSB so can't speak to that. Linears/amps are very common or they were just a few short years ago. Talking more than 100 miles or so on AM CB is difficult due to the popularity and noise. 5000 watt amps were very common. Even had a few in the area running 20,000 plus. 5000w will lite a 4ft bulb and keep it lite for hundreds of feet. Where do you live RR?

G'day Mate, At pressent I am in London but since I have been spending my money on this Gear I am now looking for a place where that is peacefull and high on a hill, I nearly bought a Linear amp the other day to put in my 4x4 but maybe the radio has enough power for mobile use, this is the Amp here,

Please Register or Login

http://www.radioworld.co.uk/catalog/rm_mod500_amplifier12v_40-300w_kl500-p-5667.html?osCsid=hlpr6l8q8jjagej0k88cact0b0

But for home I may get one thats abit more healthy,lol

Life takes over and we never do the things we want So as Im heading into the 4th 1/4 I thought it was about time I got up and did something about it,

Do you still get on the Radio these days,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,56073.msg273059.html#msg273059

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: