[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 09:13:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Alan Hassell
Sometimes that research might be wandering around museums looking for certain things that are out of place such as Stars of David on bowls found in the British Museum,

Hmmm..... Are you aware that the "star of David" was NOT used by the Jewish faith until around the 12th century?? ...... so wandering around museums looking for them on anything pre that date is a kinda waste of time..............     Grin Grin Grin

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg102833.html#msg102833

Offline qrachma
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

186.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Explorer, Bandido, Rapier, Own build
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 09:19:21 am »
Go Up Go Down

I said I liked the theories, not agreed with them.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg102835.html#msg102835

Offline HERES LUCY
Pull Tab

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

WHITES
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2010, 05:49:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Paul A
Hmmm..... Are you aware that the "star of David" was NOT used by the Jewish faith until around the 12th century?? ...... so wandering around museums looking for them on anything pre that date is a kinda waste of time..............     Grin Grin Grin

This post was taken from the who dares wins post

Lucy,
I believe Hassell has contributed NOTHING to history.
All he's done is recycled (such as shallow water hunting) other peoples efforts, and tried to take the credit.
It's all utter rubbish,(In fact the Marvel comics which you suggest are actually MORE believable!) Your agenda is "Welsh Nationalism" - Nothing more, Nothing less.
Mention Hassell at the British Museum and they all fall around laughing....
And yes, I do feel ashamed to be sharing the same breathing space as people like you, what's the psuedonym you use posting videos etc?... "witchgirl" or something like that I believe.........
Grow up and learn a few things about the world, such as, people may not always agree with you point of view.......
I personally, would like to see you banned

Paul: I believe Hassell has contributed NOTHING to history.

Your opinion and your entitled to an opinion but are you a qualified historian yourself? or an armchair wannabee? I have my doubts and so do others.

Paul:All he's done is recycled (such as shallow water hunting) other peoples efforts,

Hmmmm Paul can you prove beyond reasonable doubt about this accusation? Before you reply to that one I suggest you read back issues of the English Treasure Hunter Magazine in May 91-92.
Also Australia Gem & Treasure Hunting magazines going back to 1981-1982 in which Alan wrote many articles. Bear in mind we are talking about Australia and the UK not what was happening in America at the same time. Show the proof or forever hold you tounge.

Paul:Mention Hassell at the British Museum and they all fall around laughing....
Are you trying to imply you actually work for the BM by that remark?  I doubt it very much Rubbish Collectors more like it. hehehe

How dare you call me witchgirl thats an insult.  Sticks and stone for you childish infantile insult Paul grow up.

Paul:I personally, would like to see you banned

Likewise Paul but I think its you who should be banned not I because your the one causing problems, I  just reply to your insinuations, false accusations and total disrespect for other people.

Another Post of Pauls totally out of context and posted in Re: Amazing huge settlement Discovered in Wales confirms Comet Strike  of course being out of context and off topic means nothing to a wannabee historian.

Hmmm..... Are you aware that the "star of David" was NOT used by the Jewish faith until around the 12th century?? ...... so wandering around museums looking for them on anything pre that date is a kinda waste of time..............     Grin Grin Grin

OK Paul your the cleaver one here, now please educate me and everyone else seeing as your so conversent with Jewish History.

Elaborate with your so called cohorts at the BM and give everyone an explanation as to why the Star of David appears amongst the Sutton Hoo Treasure ship Treasures that was discovered in 1939 and dated to around AD 625?

Even a mere woman such as I recognise the Star of David or shield of David as its known and was used more by Solomon his son.

Theres not enough known about the Star of David even on the internet. What is there is mainly inaccurate .

Maybe you can also explain why you failed to put this in its correct thread instead of in this one youve been a member here longer than I.

Well Paul?  you have a challenge? Now you have a chance to educate us all with your superior knowledge, show us what your made of Please Im always ready to learn something new.

Your resentment towards the two Alans is quite obvious to the point you have an obsession with trying to discredit them.   So bring it on Paul your challenged to put your knowledge where your mouth is?   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103196.html#msg103196

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2010, 09:04:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Alan Hassell has done an excellent job is discrediting himself and can by no means be taken serious. Alan Hassell is nothing but a pathetic and sinister individual living in a world of illusions. Nothing more needs to be said about him and his awkward conspiracy theories.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103211.html#msg103211

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 10:30:16 am by seldom »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 10:35:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Likewise Paul but I think its you who should be banned not I because your the one causing problems, I  just reply to your insinuations, false accusations and total disrespect for other people.

What you think don't count here and your defense of a fool {alan } needs to end here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103212.html#msg103212

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2010, 02:38:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by HERES LUCY
Paul:All he's done is recycled (such as shallow water hunting) other peoples efforts,

Hmmmm Paul can you prove beyond reasonable doubt about this accusation? Before you reply to that one I suggest you read back issues of the English Treasure Hunter Magazine in May 91-92.
Also Australia Gem & Treasure Hunting magazines going back to 1981-1982 in which Alan wrote many articles. Bear in mind we are talking about Australia and the UK not what was happening in America at the same time. Show the proof or forever hold you tounge.

I already have proven it. I built my first underwater detector from a Garrett GroundHog ADS detector. I put the electronics into a flashlight case, waterproofed the entire thing and used it in the Potomac River in 1973. That's at least a decade before Alan Hassell tried it anywhere. A friend of mine and I pulled over 100 gold rings in an hour using that rig. Went back and pulled 40 to 60 an hour for weeks after that. My buddy found a gold chain that was simply incredible. It was painted black and must have been smuggled gold or an attempt to hide it making it look like ordinary chain.

I told Alan about this and he shrugged it off as irrelevant because it was done in America. He also claimed nobody else ever wrote about it before he did. Wrong again. Alan hasn't got a clue and clearly you haven't either.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103250.html#msg103250

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2010, 07:58:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just received another nasty eMail from Alan Hassel sent through his "friend" Lucy. If Alan wasn't such a bad character I would feel sorry for him seeing the level of his confusion and biterness.

So it's time for Lucy to walk the plank. Good bye!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103310.html#msg103310

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2010, 08:08:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank You

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103317.html#msg103317

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Paul A
Silver Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

4825.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2010, 03:10:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

just a few words here.

I don't like to see anyone "banned" ........ but.....
The motivation here was, believe me, I live in the same country as these people, PURELY political.
Absolutely no one has the right to claim that they are right and cannot be criticised for research which is so clearly flawed.
No one has the right to claim prior art on other peoples efforts either (such as shallow water hunting)
I absolutely hate seeing people "taken in" by wild claims which have no basis in truth or common sense.
That's why I absolutely loathe the "con men" (such as "LRL" salesmen) who take money from, sometimes desperate, people in the full knowledge that they have sold a fantasy and nothing else.
(I hope that I have saved a few from parting with their hard earned money with my comments on these "things")
I don't believe in "Kidds Treasure", "Yamashita Treasure", "King Arthur", "Treasure Maps" or any of the other baseless fantasies that certain people will try to sell you an "Investment" in.
Keep hunting, and one day you might stumble upon something "big"....... but it won't be from that  "Captain Kidd lost treasure map" that you just bought off ebay.

Me? I'm off to find the lost Hertfordshire "Comet Strike".......... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103784.html#msg103784

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2010, 08:46:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hertfordshire "Comet Strike"

Comets have a union? Who knew?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9147.msg103937.html#msg103937

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: