[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Alan HassellTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 08:29:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by gambol1
Alan, It is my belief that accounts of pre-history like the Iliad and Odyssey and other legends and the books derived from them have to be believed to some extent. It would be closed minded to think that accounts which survived millennia did not have a basis in human experience. At the same time I believe It is most often the conqurer that writes the history (as the Romans did) and most of what has survived is one side of the events.  Smiley

Heinrich Schlieman read Homer and understood it whilst others did not, Shlieman went on to find and discover Troy.  British Academics always said Troy was a Myth and still do despite the fact its been found.
The fact that remnants of the Trojan war came to Britian in 600 BC is a thorn in the side to the Roman Church the biggest and richest business  in the world.  Because of their close association with the Ten lost tribes of Israel (jews).
Now think for one minute if Jesus a jew survived the cross as is documented and was whisked out of Jerusalem where could he goto and be accepted by his own race of people?
If jesus lived and eventually died in Britain and is buried there it creates a huge problem for The Roman Church who founded their form of christianity on Jesus.  That church has a lot to answer for because time and time again it has broken its own commandments for its own benifit. Like the inquisition, the destruction of the knights templars and so on. Thou shalt not Kill.
At the same time I believe It is most often the conqurer that writes the history (as the Romans did) and most of what has survived is one side of the events.  Smiley
Again this is true Caesar never wanted the truth that he got his arse kicked out of Britain not on one occassion but twice.  However other writers did write the truth and Caesars lies were found out eventually.
When the comet struck Britian and this event is recorded in The Chronicles of the British Kings Britain was uninhabitable for between 7 and 11 years.  This gave the Saxons a time to just walk in and gain ground.
There were no battles as claimed by Bede who never left his bolthole in Jarrow.
The History of Britain did not start at 1066 the Brits were there and everything is documented all you have to do is either read Alan Wilson and Baram Blacketts books or goto a library and read the old documents yourself. Did you know that their books now are in big demand and signed sets are now fetching huge prices on Ebay?  I have everything they ever produced so i have a nice nest egg too.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg71612.html#msg71612

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:23:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alan,  "There were no battles as claimed by Bede who never left his bolthole in Jarrow! " That is a part of History that fascinates me.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg71662.html#msg71662

Offline species
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 05:18:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

hmmm interesting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg81511.html#msg81511

Offline Kauka
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 04:25:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Malc
Hear hear Alan its about time someone was prepared to stand up and be counted. Maybe some of these so called historians should take a leaf out of your book and do some actual research rather than using the same old crap that has been force fed into them.I sit hear and consider myself educated by a TRUE historian .Thank you . Malc Smiley

sorry
i read 2 before 1
still - very educational
i should look for you in B&N

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg92458.html#msg92458

Offline dennisj42003
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DFX
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Al this certainly makes one think.   Lots of good points and arguments.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg93892.html#msg93892

Offline faceman3
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

India

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

homebuilt
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 02:27:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I don't feel the need to believe what is written. It is written with a political agenda. The real information is only available to the people who search for it. That is why we all want metal detectors.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7922.msg115406.html#msg115406

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: