Carausius King of the Britains

(1/1)

Alan Hassell:
Carausius King of the Britain
By Alan Hassell

Copyright 265/4/2004
All rights Reserved.

According to Geoffrey of Monmouth Carausius is listed as an Emperor.  However according to Welsh history?s he was a King in his own right.  According to some historians he was a usurper.

The truth of the matter is basically he was Welsh or more correctly British.  To the Academic world, ie Oxford and Cambridge refuses to accept anything British or Welsh, therefore Carausius did not or does not exist.  This is like saying no one lived in Britain before the Roman?s arrived.

It a deplorable situation in Britain today, that to the rest of the world is totally incomprehensible.

These so called academics turn a blind eye and bury their petty minded heads in the sands when it comes to something they are unable to comprehend or refuse to accept.

It is a diabolical situation that here we have a British King who even had coins minted on his behalf, that are constantly being found all over Britain by metal detectorists.  The problem lies in the fact that most of the documented evidence about Carausius comes from Wales who were the true Briton?s and did make records of their history and kings.

Geoffrey of Monmouth was one who wrote about the Kings of Britain and even wrote a list of them in order that future generations would know the names of the people who ruled and led the country in those early times.

For years his writing were accepted as fact until a certain William of Malmsbury was hoping to be appointed as a bishop in one of Britain?s most prestigious of churches, Llandaff Cathedral.

William was unsuccessful in obtaining the position and took the rejection personally.  Embittered and filled with hatred, William set about to discredit Geoffrey of Monmouth?s writings.  In doing so he corrupted and changed the course of history with a pack of lies and misinformation's.

William of Malmsbury, poisoned the minds of others for his own self satisfaction discrediting Geoffrey of Monmouth to such an extent that the academics even today refuse to accept some of the oldest known documents written to protect history.

Today, the famous Oxford Cambridge academics refuse to accept Geoffrey of Monmouth?s work and as such a cloud over the dark ages in Britain, still exists today.

However, Geoffrey of Monmouth was not the only person to write and make historical documents there were others like Nennius and Gilda?s, who?s works have been copied throughout the ages and can still be read today.

Following Caesars invasion in 54-55 AD other writers made records of events too and much can be learnt and gleaned from those works.  Bearing in mind of course that some writer?s such as Caesar had political motives behind his writings and it is well known that much of what Caesar wrote was for the Senate?s ears and full of the political horseshit that politicians even today force on the unsuspecting public, such as Iraq?s weapons of mass destruction.

Carausius had built up a huge naval fleet in which he could govern the seas and protect the shores of Britain.

Navy?s even in those days were a very important part of any military strategy.  The Army needed ships in order to transport men and equipment here and there. It was always faster to travel by ship than overland on a horse or on foot.

Carausius is reputed to have a huge fleet at his disposal.  Some of his coins depict ships on the rear or tail face of some of those coins.

Three coins ordered by Carausius to be minted

For some reason or another Carausius is said to have fell into disrepute with the Rome.  The British, Scots, Welsh and the Irish all disliked the Roman?s.  Probably because Britain had become part of the Roman Empire and wanted independence.

One thing is sure and that is Carausius together with a large Army defeated a Roman Garrison and took control of Britain.

So it is claimed.  In defeating the Roman?s Carausius declared Britain independent of Rome.

In reality Carausius was a natural born leader and British king. As such he would have full support of the all the Briton?s.

Unlike other historians Alan Wilson & Baram Blackett actually delve into other records apart from Roman, which are full of propaganda and disinformation, they dissect the subject through every single piece of documentation.

It is put under the microscope if you like and gradually the truth comes out slowly piece-by-piece.

These two great historians and writer?s are the modern Sherlock Holmes of ancient history. It is something the modern academic?s despise, simply because it proves their teachings and knowledge is wrong.

The academic world has finally begun to realize what Alan and Baram predicted years ago that a comet struck Britain.

A couple of over zealous students at one of Britain?s leading Universities even claimed themselves to have discovered the comet collision themselves, stealing what had been in the public domain for ages.

A rather embarrassing issue took place once Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett protested about the infringement of intellectual knowledge that had already published by them years ago and was freely available on the Internet and written about in his books.

It appears that King Crair; Carausius is mentioned in the Genealogy of Lestyn Son of Gwrgan in glowing terms together with his father Meurig.

He is also recorded as living in a palace, which was considered to be one of the chief Royal Residences in Britain.

So here we have a British King who did not live in a wooden hut, as historians would prefer us to believe but a Palace.

Carausius was a deeply religious man who was not only wise but merciful too.  Nennius described Carausius as a tyrant but there is no record of this.

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to meet up again with Alan & Baram at our usual meeting place over a long weekend.  During the many conversations that took place I was particularly interested when Alan mentioned that King Caradoc had build a palace near Llanntwit Major.

I had read about this Palace, which is described by the local tourist industry as being a Roman Villa.  Well, they would, because nothing existed or happened in Wales before the Romans arrived in their opinion.

Alan told me a small dig was secretly done a few years ago at this particular site.

Experts established that the main building extends over some two acres.  It is believed to have dated from the second century AD.

Alan went on to say that just one room in this palace was over 60 feet long by 51 feet wide.  Indicating that this was a Palace on a huge if not gigantic scale.  It appears that during the excavation the diggers unearthed murals and mosaics that were still intact.  These like the room were built on a huge scale too.

It was also claimed that the walls of this building had highly decorative paintings on them at one stage too.

In a report about Caermead, Professor McAllister stated that in one room they discovered the skeletons of 43 human bodies and the remains of three horses.

This to me indicated that at some time a fierce battle took place there in which the occupants were finally overcome and the palace set on fire.

It must have been some battle too especially when skeletons of dead horses had been found.

Basically this means that shortly after the doors of the palace had been broken down with battering rams, the cavalry went in together with the legionnaires owing to the size of the place and to prevent anyone escaping.

I think Carausius would have had his horses stabled at the time of this incident.  This means they were from the opposing forces of maybe Allectus who had been dispatched from Rome to suppress Carausius.  Allectus who was at one stage a financial advisor to Carausius would have know about the Palace and had two legions to help kill Carausius.

Evidence of masonry that had scorch marks left by the great heat generated by the fire were indicators of what took place.

For some strange and peculiar reason, all work ceased on the dig and the site was covered up again and left to the elements.  Today, it is claimed that the site was covered up to protect the site not only from the elements but from vandals and nighthawks too.

Llanntwit Major is one of the most important places in Wales.  It was believed to have been the greatest center of learning in Britain at one time.  The Church is old and still bears the name of its founder St.Lltyd who can be traced back as being King Arthur?s cousin.

Monuments and stones found inside the church are engraved with some of the most famous names associated with the King Arthur legend too.  A mere coincidence?  Human being?s are only mortal and everyone has to die at some time or another.  Only Christians would want to be buried in a church.  These memorial stones prove conclusively that those persons were certainly Christians if nothing else.

Arriving at the site of the old palace, we walked up a small country lane, not unlike many found in Britain?s countryside today.

Nothing looked out of the ordinary.  We stopped at fence leading into a large empty field covering about 50 acres.

At first nothing looked unusual till one looked to the left and you could see disturbances in the ground.

Another unusual thing was the large number of white stones, which littered the field.  At first I thought nothing unusual in this because coming from Australia and living on the goldfields, quartz is a naturally occurring rock.  There?s so much of it that I guess one become immune to seeing the stuff after a time.

I never gave it a second thought until we were about to leave after I had taken a few photographs.

It was only when I saw the ditches that surrounded the field that it suddenly dawned on me, what had been staring me in the face all the time was there.  Those white rocks left in the field and filling the ditches were not Quartz but white dressed marble.

dressed marble by the mile in ditches

Now white dressed marble has to be imported and only a very wealthy person would be able to afford such luxury and that would be a King.   There is so much of the white marble visible that one wonders how much is not only in the ditch but also in the field?

Some of it might have been taken by the locals over the years for building projects and other things but it has not made the slightest impression on what remains.  The attempts to hide or conceal the fact that a huge white marbled palace was here many years ago has failed miserably.

It is hard to imagine even today the size and scale of this magnificent building.  The visible white marble indicates it must have been a huge building.  One would expect to find large chunks of marble, there may well be still buried beneath the soil but what I saw had been fragmented into small pieces as if to hide the fact that a palace once stood here.

Alan stated that over the years of ploughing the land the farmers removed the marble and used it to fill the ditches.

This sounded a plausible solution to how the marble became to be imbedded in the ditch which is still visible even to this day.

The strange thing is Llanntwit Major have a major tourist attraction here going to waste.  They put it on their tourist brochures and make a big deal about it on tourist boards on the Internet but on one has really seen the full potential of this incredible site.  One wonders what the mosaics and murals depicted or what scenes and stories they told that they had to be covered up in order that no one should ever see them again?

This is not something that comes under the official secrets act or anything to do with terrorism?  However, it could reveal something that historians have been dying to know for a long time that might reveal the truth about that period of time called the dark ages and who were the true British Kings.  It is just another cover up by the establishment.

However this is nothing new in Wales, especially when it comes to anything of great historical interest.

For some unknown reason, the Welsh establishment rather than promote the history that is rightfully theirs, they hide and bury it under a few feet of topsoil for no one to see.

Even registered ancient monuments fare no better.  The ancient monument erected as a memorial to the night of the long knives was desecrated and damaged by the Welsh Ordnance Survey Department by dumping a survey marker right in the middle of it.  Not satisfied with that, when it suffered subsidence owing to bones of the interred being broken by the weight of the survey marker.  They removed that stone and replaced it with another causing even more damage.

To make matters worse they never even took away the old marker but dumped it a few feet away and in doing so did more damage. Such is the mentality of the welsh politician's and beaurocrats of the establishment.

Even Alan Wilson?s church has suffered a similar fate.  I had the pleasure of visiting the place in May 2003.

Although it was only four walls of stones it still bore the semblance of what was once a mighty church.

One of the oldest in Britain, if not the oldest and this fact is documented so many times in ancient documents.

One year after my first visit, I returned for another visit to this marvelous place with Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett.

It appears that even the local farmer was unaware that Alan owned the church and was amazed when informed who the rightful owner was.

Alan had erected a 6-foot high wire fence around it with a locked door.  Someone decided they could make better use of that fence than leave it to protect a useless pile of old stones.   Consequently it disappeared never to be seen again.

Alan even had the church listed as an ancient monument in order to try to protect it from vandals and such.

Only one road leads to it and it is almost impassable with a vehicle owing to deep ruts in the road that more often or not are filled with either water or thick oozing mud caused by the farmer diverting water from a natural spring to flood the road.  He might deny this, but who else would do such as thing in an attempt to keep people off his property.

Although there is another way to get to it one has to get passed the farmer?s house. Not an easy task especially in a car, van or tractor.

When I arrived at the church this time I was not only surprised in what I saw I was utterly disgusted.

St.Peter's Church claimed to be one of the oldest in Christendom and in Wales
ancient monuments such as these should be protected, they are our heritage.

Memorial and burial stones dating back centuries had been broken into mere fragments.  The inscriptions that were once written on them were now unreadable.  The memory of those departed souls was now erased forever. There were many of them and what was left of them was scattered amongst the ruins in the interior of the church. 

What was the most disturbing thing and most destructive was the removal of the corner stones, which make up the ties to the south wall.

This was not so much an act of vandalism although I suspect it was made to look like it but a deliberate attempt to cause the building to collapse even further.  Which in my book is senseless sabotage of one of the oldest churches in Britain.

There are many loose stones lying around all over the place that could have been removed without causing any damage.

The place is very isolated; it is a local attraction, which the local farmer finds a nuisance because he hates strangers wandering over his land.

If anyone would have a desire to see the place simply disappear over night it would be him.

In my opinion at least two maybe five or even ten tons of stones had been removed or about 30 courses with at least twelve to 20 stones in each course.

That?s one hell of a lot of stones and they would have needed some sort of transport to remove them too.

They would also have to get past the farmers gates in order to get near the property, which is difficult to get too at the best of times.

I could speculate, but I wont.  We have a good idea as to who the culprit is and people are now watching the site for any would be vandals who will be reported to the ancient monuments trust.

It is known that Carausius was Admiral of the fleet, in charge of British ships that patrolled the coastline.

Although it is only a rumor with no substance he could and might have gained his wealth from raiding pirate ships that operated between Britain and Gaul.  However, that is probably more likely a smear campaign of propaganda released by Rome because he annexed Britain from the Roman Empire and set if free after defeating one of the Roman legions stationed in Britain.

Only a very wealthy man would own a fleet of ships as Carausius did.  Therefore he would have used those vessels for business and trading in which he became a very wealthy man.  Carausius had a short reign lasting from 286 to 293 AD when finally Allectus killed him.  Having done so Allectus took over Carausius role and became Emperor himself.

It is not known when the British Palace at Caermead was destroyed.  However all indications are that probably during the night Allectus raided and over ran the Palace together with all in it.   With the battle over and Carausius lying dead together with many of his supporters Allectus then ordered the destruction of the Palace.

Professor McAllister stated that in the fourth century the villa was attacked and raided by Irish raiders.  This is highly improbable because Carausius was highly trained in the military and would have had great fighting skills backed up by those who lived with him.

For a start, it is unlikely that Irish raiders would have had horses at their disposal at the time of the attack.

Therefore one can start to wonder just who had the horses and how they came to be there.

The answer doesn?t really take much working out, it is quite simple.  They were part of the Roman cavalry attached to Allectus when he made the raid on the palace at Caermead and Carusius?s stronghold.

After the main doors of the Palace were finally broken down with battering rams which would have created a lot of noise, awaking those inside.   Once awake they would have armed themselves to the teeth and put up a fight to the death.

As it was a surprise attack giving no one any warning Carausius was unable to gather his forces and was finally overcome.  Carausius's gravestone was found at Penmaachno.  Allectus is said to have ruled after his death and was followed on by the great King Casnar Wledig.

According to Alan Wilson and Baram Blackett the Palace at Caermead is equal if not bigger than that of Cogidumnas at Fishbourne.

It would not surprise me in the least if ever Time Team decided to do one of their ridiculous three day digs on the site that they would instantly declare the building Roman.   Just as they do, with the great wall that is documented to have been built by King Llud to protect Londinium as stated in the Mabinogian and welsh triads.

Another British built piece of history attributed to the Roman?s who may have repaired and added to it but never built it in a million years.  These so called Academics even refused to accept that Troy existed until Hienrich Schleiman discovered it.  And they also forgot that a huge wall that held the Greek army at bay for ten years surrounded Troy.

sections of the great London Wall can still be seen

Troy was only defeated after the Trojan horse was used.  If these so called educated individuals were to read the Bruts they too might realize that there is an element of truth staring them right in their eyes.

Don?t take my word for it have a good browse around the Internet and do some research for yourself.

Being educated and knowing nothing is no excuse.. Being uneducated and knowing something is much better than having a big head with nothing it.   Far worse is the fact that these so called educated individuals know about it and refuse to accept it as history simply because it means digging up British History what they are trying to hide and shove under the table as if it never existed.

When I first got involved with trying to solve British History, I soon realized that a lot of Anglo Saxon lies disinformation and general fabricated nonsense blocked the path forward.  Ernest Hemmingway, decided to write a script for a film about King Arthur. He even went to all the notorious places that have nothing whatsoever to do with the great king, to get the feel of what his kingdom might be like.

Eventually the book, "once and future King," was released, which was made into the film Camelot.  Poor old Hemmingway finally blew his brains out with a shotgun.   In a way the perpetrators of these deceptions and lies unknowingly have the blood of Hemmingway on their hands.  I wonder how they sleep at night?

Through careful research one finally wakes up to the vast amount of corruption within what we call history.

Last year, I was asked to search an area believed to be the burial place of a certain very famous dark age individual.  This was a real person and his life is documented numerous times.  I have no intention of naming this person apart from the fact that he was a Prince not a King.

There was a famous battle at Camlan in which this person suffered severe injuries and consequently died.

Eventually he was buried on what is now private property.  With the owner?s consent and permission I with several others including a film crew went to this place to do a survey to test for metal in the ground.

I was using one of the most sensitive deep seeking Pulse Induction metal detectors available in the world.

Owing to the high cost professionals only use them and the machine is called a Pulse Star which is capable of detecting metal down to 30 feet underground depending on its size.

The area had already been dowsed by an expert who stated there was a person buried in this place.

A local archaeologist had also visited the place and stated the area was a natural geophysical occurrence.

With the owner, his wife and others I guess about 10 to 12 people were in attendance when this event took place.

The author using the Pulse Star with an assistant holding the control box

There is one thing about metal detector?s you cannot make them do.  That is give an indication of metal if there is none in the ground.

Right from the moment I turned on the pulse star and started to use it with a one-meter coil, which is only sensitive to large and very large objects was indicating large deposits of metal all over the entire area.

The video camera was also allowed to film the responses on the control box of the Pulse Star to prove there was no trickery.

I had already removed every metallic object I had on my own body so there was no chance that I would get false readings from anything I had on my person.

This so called natural occurrence as the archaeologist declared it was giving off far too many signals for only one person to have been buried in this spot.  In fact I think it was the grave of many individuals who were buried in haste complete with body armor and whatever else metallic was thrown into the grave at the time such as shields, swords and helmets. maybe the odd torque or two.

With over 30 years detecting experience behind me this was no ordinary natural occurrence.  Whatever was buried there had been deliberately placed there by man and was covered up in such a way that the place looks very natural.

Maybe it was done this way to stop anyone disturbing the resting place of those fallen hero?s?

A team of Archaeologists in America were on standby to carry out the dig if permissions could be obtained from the owner.

Unfortunately the owner wanted the local archaeologists to do the dig, but they had no funds or recourses to do it.

I had completed my job and shown in front of a crowd that metal was present and the signals could be heard by all in attendance.

One would think that after the event the local archaeologists would be rushing about falling over themselves to do a dig.

Not quiet, it appeared they wanted to supervise basically anything the archaeologists would do.  It?s a funny system in Wales they have the Cambria archaeological trust and nothing can be done without their sanction or say so.

Understandable the guys from America didn?t want a load of welsh archaeologists taking over and stealing the glory if there was any to be found, especially when they would be funding the excavation, so it came to a stalemate.

To top things off the local archaeologist together with the farmer went to the site with his JCB front end loader and dug a few holes at the side of this place.  They did not have a detector with them and found no metal.

Now to do a dig even an exploratory hole you need permits, I wonder if any were obtained and where those permits are now?

Strange that isn?t it.  In order to hush the whole episode up once more the local archaeological trust again declared the site to be a natural feature.

Despite the fact that in front of a load of witnesses I detected at least 30 to 50 metal targets in an area where there should not have been any metal.?.

Something stinks and has got a bad smell to it.  What is it that these people do not want us to know about?

Why is it whenever a big discovery is about to be made some sort of spanner is thrown into the works to stop anything coming out or being revealed about the past?

Could it possibly be that this site would prove once and for all that the Battle of Camlan was fought in Wales?

There is absolutely no point in assuming that the great King Arthur is buried near this spot because he was alive and living after the battle was over.  As recorded in the Llandaff charters.

Maybe the farmer has fears of invading tourists rushing to the spot and damaging his crops or whatever might be in the ground at the time. 

Maybe he fears an invasion from metal detectorists looking for souvenir?s that might have been missed in the dig had it gone ahead?  Maybe the property owner doesn't want anyone to share in anything of value that might be buried in the ground.

However, one thing the farmer forgot, and that is the fact that Alan Wilson, Baram Blackett and myself using the detector are the actual finders of this site in case he is waiting for anyone of us to kick the bucket so he doesn't have to share the finds with us.

And what of the local archaeological trust?  Where?s the glory for them if someone else carried out the excavation and took all the praise for any finds?

I?m beginning to wonder if the person running the archaeological trust is even qualified.  I have heard of one individual who I refuse to name that went to a printer and had a PHD printed up to enable him to get a high standing position with the welsh government.

It appears the University named on the document had no record that this person attended the University or even graduating there.

It wouldn?t be the first time that someone obtained a high position in government circles with forged documents and I don?t think it will be the last.   It is interesting to note that a grant system is in place in Wales.  With the right documentation even if it were forged one could open up some sort of vague archaeological trust just to stop certain individuals from learning the truth and to hamper their every move.

A great deal of public money Taxpayers money has been spent on various digs in England attempting to associate places with the Arthurian legend.  Many of these sites are now under the control of English Heritage who have opened them up to the general public for the sole purpose of raising revenue.

So here we have the British Government actively involved in the tourist industry, which raises a hell of a lot of money for the establishment.  Some of that money goes into paying the salaries of certain individuals, who have a vested interest in retaining the positions they hold.

It takes little imagination to realize that should the discoveries about the real King Arthur be accepted, then these persons holding those positions would be out of work.  Who in their right mind is going to pay to see something that has no connection with the King Arthur Legend as they are doing so now and have been for centuries?

For all the Tourists about to come to England, do not waste your money on sites that claim to be associated with King Arthur.  Go to his real Kingdom, where he was born and was his Kingdom and that is Glamorgan and Gwent in Wales.  Where all the British kings fought off the Anglo Saxons who now call Britain England.  [wise]

copyright Alan Hassell 14/06/04

Linkback: You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Loginhttp://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9640.msg60605.html#msg60605

drw1950:
Are you sure you've visited the site.
I have on numerous occasions and  didn't have to pass a farmhouse to get there!

Linkback: You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Loginhttp://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9640.msg92561.html#msg92561

Navigation

[0] Message Index