[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline madvillaTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile
Referrals: 0

176.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 18, 2009, 11:18:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

hello to all here I leave a Link them with histories of my country it has many interesting things mainly to the south of I have been in rich town not if she sounds to similar mother of God a town to them where habia much gold  Wise

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.elsur.cl/edicion_hoy/secciones/articulo.php?id=62136&dia=1130900400

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33597.html#msg33597

Offline delfaver
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 04:07:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

No habla espanol.  Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33612.html#msg33612

Offline Shadow
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

195.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Tourism ventures and ecological
The Mocha island also it has histories and treasures
The island of deads, against Tir?a, was scene of more than one hundred shipwrecks of English, Dutch and Spanish privateers. To visit its rest is an unforgettable adventure.
It is possible to be acceded or by sea aerial. The trip in boat from Tir?a lasts 4 hours, although it does not exist itinerary and only it is depended on the load. In small plane from Tir?a the hard trip between 12 and 15 minutes.

By Robert Fernandez Ruiz

For that they know of pirates it is not a mystery that in the Mocha island hides treasures or that in their environs more than one hundred boats were shipwrecked between century XVI and the XIX. That knowledge has been expanded to such point, that the tourists are not few who cross the sea from Tir?a to submerge in their waters and to verify these histories.
In opposition to which it could think, it is easy to accede to those sunk boats. Today a group of tourist operators exists in the island who offer varied services, as the transfer, lodging, excursions and the diving to even cross the English, Dutch and Spanish ships of which they visited centuries ago the Mocha to supply itself or in refuge search.
Mario Hahn is a cattle dealer and pilot of airplane that has penetrated successfully in the tourist business next to its Imme wife. It can take to the visitors to the exact place where sunk boat has been determined, with the aid of the GPS, boats and compressors.
?This island was visited by pirates like Francis Drake and Oliver van Noort?, relates Hahn, who is also an enthusiastic finder of relics, several of which exhibit with pride in their house, in front of the sea and next to its particular track.
The pirates used the Mocha as supply base of fresh water, meats and barleys, that they obtained making exchanges with lafkenches which they inhabited the island. The shipwrecks happened when they happened closely together, hypnotized by the beauty, but the great amount of low, with small barren islands, semi-concealed roquer?os and green waters became traps. Rest of boats com the Illimani, Santiago and the Rosette are an attractiveness in themselves.
Spanish Corona distrusted of lafkenches by the aid that lent the privateers and by the end of century XVII it decided to depopulate the Mocha. Some natives were transferred to where today Conception is located - that one is the origin of the name of the Mochita- and distributed others between encomenderos. In the period of abandonment that extended almost by two centuries, one thinks that it was a refuge for the pirates.
To cross the island is a stroll by history, where in many places it feels that the time paused. Old wood walls next to a dirt road. As basic curtain is the great hill of 300 meters of height that crowns the island, with native forest, lagoon and slopes."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33613.html#msg33613

Offline delfaver
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 06:16:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gracias

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33626.html#msg33626

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile

176.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:18:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

si hablo espa?ol
puedo escribir mis post en espa?ol?
esque no he visto post en espa?ol aun  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33693.html#msg33693

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Chile

176.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:26:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

woau Shadow your if you know on my country. gustaria to know visited S.A. to me Chile? so that he is beautiful has tourist zones, centers of skiing, spas, spas, etc? I recommend the towers to you of paine they are spectacular.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg33694.html#msg33694

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 11:06:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

There is a legend that the pirate Vincent Benavides buried some of his loot on Mocha. Not long before his capture and execution.

Strange enough there was story dated from the early 1960's of an American treasure hunter that found a small cave on Mocha with a skelenton and a small Sea chest. The small chest contained some gold coins and few jewels with very badly decayed papers. The identity of the skelenton or age of the coins was never revealed.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg43307.html#msg43307

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:00:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

shadow;

And to others reading this, if this is the same island, I would suggest great care be taken, if you visit it. I recently watched a TV documentary about it or another one, on archeological investigations, done there, where they DISCOVERED a parasite, only found on that island.

This parasite will live in the digestive tract and can eventually kill its host. This discovery is very recent so the knowledge is not widespread. Otherwise, yes, this island is unique.

goldigger (Brian)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg43389.html#msg43389

goldigger

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:51:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello goldigger Brian

That is very sound advice you gave. I would go one step futher and include the whole of South America.

There are many parasites lurking in such an exotic location as South America. One such parasite is a worm is the sands of Amazon delta region. If you walk on the sand you can be bitten by a worm in the sand that injects its eggs in your blood stream. The eggs float around the body eventually ending up hatching out in the blood vessels of the eye where you will eventually go blind.

I think the parasite you mentioned is a type of tape worm. Infection can be from contaminated water. Most likely drinking water shared between humans and cattle. Infection can be through digging through soil mixed with cattle manure. Unwashed hands eating food or eating raw meat can spread the parasite. The Parasite if untreated can grow to several meters long inside your stomach and small intestine. In some cases people untreated have died from it.

Good hygenie and as rule never drink the water in those places of high risk. In fact better to bring your own bottled water. And if you buy water there in South America. buy bottled water that has been 'carbonated" There will be a better chance the water you are drinking has been filtered and not just filled out of somebodies tap. Tap water is not to be trusted in all of south America as of many parts of the world.That said the water quality has been improving in Chilie.

If you follow good hygenie principles and be very careful what you eat and drink you should be fine. Most of all take the time to understand all the dangers of the regions you intend to explore. That applies to any country in the world you travel too.

I spent a long time in South America in the late 90's. I got care less after at time with no troubles and ended up with Salmonlia posioning in Bolivia. And Malaria in the Amazon basin. It is no fun in being sick floating in and out of your body in strange country.

Hardluck.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg43483.html#msg43483

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 03:18:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

hardluck;

Hey, I don't have to go to Chile or even leave the country.... here, you can get Giardia, Beaver Fever, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, ticks, and all kinds of internal parasites.  Some times the water can also cause a 24 hour bowel upset and if you do not have the appropriate medicine, you can die from dehydration.  Amen

I got a bout of it, once, when I was in the mountains, 235 miles from a hospital.... I dug a number of different plant roots (in a very weak state and not much help from my teenage son) I made a tea, from the roots, and recovered within hours. Fortunately herbology is one of my accomplishments.  Wise

Here, generally, the fast flowing mountain streams, from snow or ice melt, do not carry parasites, due  to the coldness. The river water, I used, came from a chain of lakes that also have some hot springs and it was not really cold, but had no communities on its banks to contribute ti the  zoological hazards. Springs are different, they can carry Giardia. I always try to boil my water.... coffee and tea are good, the water gets cooked.  Funny

Well, I guess you might be able to claim an out-of-body experience.  No no!

Digging for bottles, in old dumps can be hazardous to ones health, as well.  Exhausted

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5414.msg43602.html#msg43602

goldigger

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: