[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950Topic starter
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Is this a treasure map or a cleverly coded lead to a treasure? Is it massive amounts of knowledge? Is it a hoax? This is an amazing and amusing document. Here is a link that will get you to some high resolution images of the Voynich Document.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.geocities.com/ctesibos/voynich/index.html

Here is a really complete reference source from someone who is obviously keenly interested in the Voynich Manuscript:

Please Register or Login

http://www.voynich.nu/

Enjoy! If this manuscript does not get you thinking and scratching your head, nothing will!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47149.html#msg47149

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:21:33 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 05:16:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello  Golddiggger1950

Thank you for the very interesting post.

Hardluck  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47160.html#msg47160

Offline iqsmarter
Copper Member

come and see my web page it's cool thanks.
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garrett GTI 1500, Garrett GTAx 400
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

buddy GD that's impressive I'm scratching my head  Huh? lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47189.html#msg47189

Steve B Alejandre

Steve B Alejandre, Hi I'm Disabled With C.P. & Love Metal Detecting My Heart Out!, I'm Born To Dig
Born in C,C. TX Got Married Now I'm Happy!

Please Register or Login

My..Steve's Pirate Gold Website

Please Register or Login

My Youtube vidoes

Offline Eugene52
M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Gold Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

M.D. Electronic Builders Club
Thank you397

Activity
0%
Male
United States

17957.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Teknetics , Fisher , Discovery3300 and TIANXUN 19 kHz VLF Metal Detector
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello GD . It either leads to a Great Treasure or a Great Secret in History ? ...After all these years do you think someone has already figured this out ?  Very interesting , Thank-You for posting the links .

HH.........Eugene

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47216.html#msg47216

Let's Talk Treasure right here on Thunting.com

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 11:51:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Eugene52
Hello GD . It either leads to a Great Treasure or a Great Secret in History ? ...After all these years do you think someone has already figured this out ?  Very interesting , Thank-You for posting the links .

HH.........Eugene

In many other decoded documents the answers have been touted over the years. Look at the Quatrains of Nostradamus, for example. They've been decoded in hundreds of documents since they were first encoded.

This one's a real puzzler since nobody really has a clue at the moment. Time will tell.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47231.html#msg47231

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 04:24:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

If I was to guess what the Voynich manuscript was ?

And that, would only be a guess based on other manuscripts I have seen. And by no means do I profess to an expert cryptologist. I leave that to the experts.

However if you look at the symbolism and crude style of the Voynich manscript to other manuscripts pre dating the Voynich manucript. such as the Book of Kells, Book of Durham etc.. You will find the early christian church in the fringes of western Europe was in part influenced by Celtic and later Germanic Symbolism. Most of the early churches had connections through the monestic system with the Latin Roman church. The Voynich manuscript appears to be of a later date and has no Celtic influences.

If you research early middle ages Latin Christian documents you will start to see that the Voynich manucsript shows no common link with the early christian church or the early to later middle age prayers book manuscripts that have survived to day. Its crude illustrations baffle us as the do not fit the heavy stylised manuscripts of monestaries of the middle ages.

I suspect, if the document is not a early middle ages fake, then the manuscript is what we call a "Grimoire" It is a book of spells, rituals, herbal and astrological symbolism texts. The date range I would guess be around 1300-1500.

The Voynich manuscript would fit in that date range very well because. As it has been stated that no one has deciphered it? The script was written in code to prevent the finder owner being charged with witchcraft. 1300-1600 was the height of Witch hunting hysteria across Europe. And having a book not aproved by the clergy could of resulted in you being burned at the stake for being a witch.

Unfortunately for us, I do not think it is the directions to a lost treasure. But still a very rare and curious historical treasure in itself.

It would be of great irony if this Voynich manucript held a secret herbal remedy that could cure cancer? Hidden behind a lost chiper code lost to history, only written in code because of our fears and the ignorance of the unknown.

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47245.html#msg47245

The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:47:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck, I have found leads to treasure in the strangest places. I've been reading a bit on the Voynich manuscript and what struck me was the similarity of some of the presentations to the way treasure maps are developed.

I look at it like this. Suppose you wanted to hide something of value and still have access to it. Else, why hide it?

The answer is a one or the other proposition. Either you hide it so securely and so well hidden from everyone that you are the single and only person who can find it. Thus, you need a really good map that only you can understand. Or someone you trust, like your family.

The other method is to hide it in plain sight. A friend once asked me how to hide something securely and still have access to it. He is a "doomsday planner," meaning he thinks he can survive any catastrophe if he has the right stuff put aside like weapons, food and gold. I won't tell you where or even when, but we built a solid concrete base and put a telephone circuit box on it in his yard. It looks exactly like a telephone wiring box but has no connection to the phone service. Anyone passing it by would probably not even notice it. Think about how many little green boxes you see along your travels every day. Sometimes you see phone workers inside them but most of the time they are invisible to you.

The Voynich manuscript reminds me of both methods of hiding a treasure. Hide it where only you can find it and hide it in plain sight. Pick the one you want to find and see if it is identifiable. I believe the only reason it has remained unsolved is because those trying to decode it are looking for alchemical knowledge and not hidden wealth. I could be way off base but how can anyone be sure until the knowledge is exposed?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47247.html#msg47247

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 01:40:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello GD

It is an interesting theory you have.

You make a good point. For one it could be argued that all the plants, herbs and astromical symbols are only there to camoflage the real perpose of the document. (It is true none of the plants have been identified as real plants)

Which leaves the script. Is the script a complex cyhper to hide information on the details of a possable location of treasure?

Very interesting?

Who could of created such a complex code?

What date was the Voynich manuscript was made?

And what is the treasure the document is hiding?

Has anyone looked at the possability that the document, if the document was made between 1300-1500?  Then the voynich mancript might of been connected in some way connected to the Templar treasure in the 13th century. In 1307 the templars were disbanded and thier assets seized?

Was the templars even able to invent such complex codes in 14th century?

Is the script in the dead lanuage of Cathar?

Just a way out speculation of course. But perhaps possable because the document is so mysterious and is open to many speculative theories.

Hardluck  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7560.msg47396.html#msg47396

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: