[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline shortribsTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you7

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

1445.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher-Whites-Garrett
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Was traveling from Los Angeles back to Missouri and went thru the Mts of eastern NM comming home Didn't know they had any that far east.but was wondering how long n-s is this chain of mountains? It was 2 weeks before x-mas when going thru them and had 3in of snow on them was beautiful their! Came out south of Amarillo TX up on the flats,like there was never a hill behind me? thanks

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15720.msg100852.html#msg100852

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hmmmm.....first thing that happens when you leave Amarillo going in a southerly direction (doesn't matter whether it is due south, or southeast, or southwest is that you eventually drop off of the "caprock" (

Please Register or Login

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprock,_Texas
).  The high plains of Texas are called that for a reason  Smiley...But if you come off the Caprock between Portales and Roswell, or between Lovington and Artesia, not only are you going to have the high plateau to the east behind you, but you'll have the Sacremento Mountains in front of you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15720.msg100927.html#msg100927

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:08:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

If your on 70 once you get to the reservation your on the "billy the Kid Trail". Thewre are also beautiful mountains on Interstate 25 at the top of the state. But mt favorite would be out towards Mexican Hat area. I used to run up through there, cortez Colorado, Moab Utah, Green Rivers, all the way up into Salt Lake City. Course you hit mountains in Arizona when cross the New Mexico State line also. Not far East of El Paso Texas you have the Sierra Blanco Mountain I believe also. Down south though your either on federal, reservation, or BLM land in the mountains. Now its not one long contimous chain, but the ranges are within a few hundred miles of each other going all the way to Washington. Now someone is going to correct me, but there is alot of flat land out there also. The South Rim of the Grand Canyon, theres some very pretty country. Hope this helps.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,15720.msg131909.html#msg131909

The more I learn, the less I know.

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: