[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Danny
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

345.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Bug M-60
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 08:09:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Homefire, thanks for the maps.  This is great and would have never found this by myself.  I will give this some good going over.  Everyone should have this map saved on their computer.

Thanks,    Danny........Wile E. Coyote

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg29753.html#msg29753

Wile E. Coyote

Offline bhunter
Copper Member

8018593332@vzwpix
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Landstar Bounty Hunter, Fisher Gemini lll 2-box, Colt .44
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 11:26:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I may have a lead for you concerning three old spanish missions.  I don't remember the exact spelling but it was something like Quvaria.  I believe they have been preserved by the state.  The story is from around 1610.  These missions were stockpiled with the gold from the northern mines until a later time when they would take it all to mexico then back to spain.  Anyway the mission got a few days advance warning of an Indian uprising headed their way.  So they loaded everything on mules, horses, carts.(judging from the number of animals and how much they could carry)  My conservative estimate is around 3 Billion in gold @$900 an ounce.  So they were 4 days out and buried it near two
low hills.  Translated: They buried the gold pulling the soil from the 2 hills into the middle on top of the cache.  Then they built a fire on top of it.  The ashes would not break down and would always remain on top even though covered with blowing sand.  I've found old campfires from a hundred years ago buried.  It should be past Kirkland AF base.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg60950.html#msg60950

Offline salvor6
Mod
Silver Member

Pirate of the Martires
Thank you13

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3537.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Aquapulse, Fisher Proton 3 mag, Pulse Star Pro II, Humminbird 1198 side scan sonar, AK-47
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 12:23:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Danny, that story about the gold bars sounds like Victorio Peak.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg60952.html#msg60952

Offline sam240
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

61.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DFX
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 09:41:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great Map website find Homefire, This really good.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg69660.html#msg69660

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 07:23:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

This site is produced by the BLM and others.

Don't trust it until you go to the County that the claim was or was not filed in.

They are at least 2-3 months behind.

But a good start.

Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg82436.html#msg82436

Offline JCBankston
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

135.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret Master Hunter ADS III
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Danny
Oro, I think that is truely neat that you make the maps that you have posted.  If at all possible, I don't have a GPS or the Lat/Long of any place in particular.  Is there a way to do it say, within a 50-75 mile radius from Albuquerque?Huh?Huh??  And if I am not mistaken, some of these marks are supposed to be buried treasure from tails or folklore.  If something was to be found, I am the type of person that would share the wealth.  So if anything did come up, you would have to make it to Albuquerque and have your picture taken with me to share the find and wealth.  Like I said when I signed up on this site, I do know of an area in the Organ Mountains that did produce when I was a kid with an old Rockhound that had a shop in Organ, NM.  That area is filled with old gold mines and silver mines and there is a lot of rose quartz and granite and of course lots of low grade turquoise.

Back in the early 50's the military found an old gold mine that supposed to belong to Mexico and was filled with gold bars that was produced by a preist and the local indians for mexico but did not turn the gold over to the mexican army.  The church was supposed to be in Mesilla, NM, just out side of Las Cruces and El Paso, TX.  The gold was removed by the military and the US government did not disclose the amount of the gold removed.  My father told me of this story, he was a civilian working on the White Sands Missle Range at the time when the govenment was removing the gold. Wise

So, any information that you could give me on the site would be beneficial.

Thanks,   Danny.........Wile E. Coyote
Quote:Posted by Danny
Back in the early 50's the military found an old gold mine that supposed to belong to Mexico and was filled with gold bars that was produced by a preist and the local indians for mexico but did not turn the gold over to the mexican army.  The church was supposed to be in Mesilla, NM, just out side of Las Cruces and El Paso, TX.  The gold was removed by the military and the US government did not disclose the amount of the gold removed.  My father told me of this story, he was a civilian working on the White Sands Missle Range at the time when the govenment was removing the gold.

I believe this is the Victorio peak site that was found on what is today part of White Sands missle base, before it was confiscated by the government someone found the treasure on public land and a few years later that land was taken for White Sands Missle base and they denied the claim holder access and took all the gold, I think they went so far as to bulldoze the Victorio peak to ground and nothing remains from what i have heard, but it being on military land its hard to gain access to know for sure.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg124796.html#msg124796

Offline casca
Bronze Member

some where else.
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2245.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Pioneer 202 Bounty Hunter, cen-tech pinpointer, Chicago Tools 43150.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 03:49:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Danny, know this is an old post. But I live outside Las Cruces, in Mesilla Park. That is one of two gold caches. I have an old map of the area date 1952. I t does show mines and ruins I did not know was there. Any idea location of the church? Also there is mention of Mount Victoria, not far from here either. Organ is actually a project I may do once I get a better machine. Have some help from your way comming when I do. There is an old saloon I want to check out. There is alot of houses being built where there never was, Im afraid alot of the area is getting filled in and being covered. I look forward to any stories you may be able to pass on and I can check out for you. Thanks, John

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,3082.msg131904.html#msg131904

The more I learn, the less I know.

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: