[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline desertdawgTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garretts ace 250, minelab explorer xs, minelab etrc
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:52:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hey from new mexico.  New finds six dimes. i went out saturday sunday and monday at the location of an old town that is no longer in existance. the town was booming during the late 1800s and is now under our lake. Well the lake is down and i went out and tried my luck. in the three days out i found six dimes ranging in dates from 1868 to 1899. also found an 1865 quarter dollar, three tokens(that are small in diameter and are hard to read but i can make out some of the details) one token has the dates sept 24 1872 to sept 19 1874. another one has a date186? and the third cant see a date but has the word water on it. all three have a diamod shape hole punched out of the center. then i found a brass token about the size of a quarter that says Good for one free drink at the solid comfort. i also found two military buttons both have an eagle on them but one has an I in the middle of the eagle im assuming the I is for infantry. im very excited with my finds. i do have a question about finding coins that are extremely dirty and corroded is there a good and safe way to clean them. thanks for any feed back or info

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20542.msg136030.html#msg136030

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

always great to be able take advantage of a rare opportunity.  Glad it paid off wor you.   Check the search functionality for coin cleaning (including arguements about why you might not want to do it, especially with older coins).

BA

Posted on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:50 PM
and you are right about the "I" meaning infantry.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20542.msg136038.html#msg136038

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: