[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline lancelotTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Germany
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:44:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy, 'Yall

I am Lance, I currently live in Schweinfurt, Germany. In the next few years my wife and I will be moving back to the Omaha, Ne. area.

I am a metal detector, who does not get many permissions here in town, as many people have the completely false impression what a metal detector does. Many think all we do is tear up land, and leave it in shambles when we are done. I am working on changing that.

I am also the founder of the YouTube series, Global Detection Adventures. Which is a video series, composed of other metal detectors videos from around the world, to make a "Global Roundup" show, to introduce people in other countries to great metal detectors around the world. There is a link to the submitters YouTube channel, which the viewer can then click, view and subscribe to their channel. Our goal is to introduce people around the world to metal detectors they may have never seen on YouTube before.

We take no credit for the videos, outside the editing and construction process, and all videos remain the property of the metal detector. It is simply a tool for reaching out to others.

We also created an international club of metal detectors, the GDA team, which works on repairing the view on metal detecting, primarily in Europe, but world wide, to help make metal detecting a more accepted hobby. In Europe illegal metal detecting is costing millions of dollars in damage to protected areas, conservation and archaeological areas each month. Our team offers assistance to law enforcement and archaeologists around the globe to help safeguard these areas from these so called "Nighthawks." If we ever come across any signs of illegal digging, either on private property, or protected areas, we will immediately report it to the pertinent authorities in that country. We have so far helped in apprehending one illegal metal detector in Germany, and reported others in England. Of which the German one was reportedly responsible for selling national treasures he had stolen from the grounds of a castle, on the black market.

I would like to invite anyone to share their videos with me, to use in a future episode of GDA, it is simple, write me here, or on Google+ and say simply, I would like to see my videos on your show. I will then download and edit into our show, linking your channel for all to visit.

Our newest episode came out last night, and I invite everyone to view and share it as they like, don't forget to like and comment:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwIjEW3jG80

Our youtube channel is:

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFD...XREkN0OZx6hXjw

I look forward to sharing my finds here soon with you all. I am currently working on a permission where the American Soldiers bivouacked over night prior to attacking the town of Schweinfurt, where I live.
If I find anything, I will happily share it here.

It is great to find this forum, and hope to talk with you soon.

Lance "Lancelot" Goolsby
founder
Global Detection Adventures

Please Register or Login

www.globaldetecting.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298571.html#msg298571

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 38.0
Firefox 38.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:27:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from New Mexico.  Sounds like your keeping with it.   Looking forward to your post.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298581.html#msg298581

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:40:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

G'day and Welcome to Thunting from London via Australia, Glad to have you Aboard.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298583.html#msg298583

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Germany

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 06:44:48 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks I am trying, we are trying.
We really appreciate any help to get word out about our mission against illegal detecting.
Most really support it, and see it as a sign of good faith from metal detectors towards local governments and legislation.
It is unbelievably difficult getting permissions in some European countries because of false perceptions of what a metal detector is and does.

Posted on: June 29, 2015, 06:41:52 am
Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
G'day and Welcome to Thunting from London via Australia, Glad to have you Aboard.

G'day to you, we have 2 members Down Under, Pommy-Down-Dunder and IronbarkBob. One is in Queensland area, the other in NSW. they are always looking for fellow detectors to go out with. If you want, feel free to let me know and I will give them your info.

Lance

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298585.html#msg298585

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 06:54:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by lancelot
thanks I am trying, we are trying.
We really appreciate any help to get word out about our mission against illegal detecting.
Most really support it, and see it as a sign of good faith from metal detectors towards local governments and legislation.
It is unbelievably difficult getting permissions in some European countries because of false perceptions of what a metal detector is and does.

Posted on: June 29, 2015, 06:41:52 am
G'day to you, we have 2 members Down Under, Pommy-Down-Dunder and IronbarkBob. One is in Queensland area, the other in NSW. they are always looking for fellow detectors to go out with. If you want, feel free to let me know and I will give them your info.

Lance

I am Living In London at the Moment, But I do  what you do, The reasons for people thinking that detectors are a threat is because of companies like OKM with so called Video Ground Radar Gizmo's when the Truth is if it were possible we would all own them, The excitement of Detecting is the Mystery of the Bleep to just before you open the Clod and release the find,

Old things are Great to find but for me it's about getting out there and Swinging the Coil, The rest is just a Bonus, and I hate Night Hawkers Raiding Sites, Our Job is to Save History Not Steal It.

RR

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298586.html#msg298586

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Germany

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 07:02:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
I am Living In London at the Moment, But I do  what you do, The reasons for people thinking that detectors are a threat is because of companies like OKM with so called Video Ground Radar Gizmo's when the Truth is if it were possible we would all own them, The excitement of Detecting is the Mystery of the Bleep to just before you open the Clod and release the find,

Old things are Great to find but for me it's about getting out there and Swinging the Coil, The rest is just a Bonus, and I hate Night Hawkers Raiding Sites, Our Job is to Save History Not Steal It.

RR

I cant agree more.
Hawkers are ruining the hobby for us all. I helped capture one near me, who was detecting on a historic conservation site at a 1700 year old castle.
They know that on the grounds the treasure from the castle was hidden when the Nazi's abandoned it when the Americans approached. They just dont know how much history was stolen and sold by him on the internet.

I would like to invite you to put your name on our list of people supporting the mission.
it only makes you a supporter. not a member or any other thing needed. just the pledge to help stop them.

Please Register or Login

http://globaldetecting.com/2015/06/27/help-snuff-out-illegal-detecting-and-videos/

I wish you great luck, and happy hunting.
One day I will need it when I finally get another permission... Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298588.html#msg298588

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 38.0
Firefox 38.0

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 07:15:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

One  needs to be Prudent and think things out dealing with officials and the Public at large .    Things could Back Fire .    Like these Retarded Treasure Hunting shows here in the USA.  They portray MD folks in a bad light and Laws and Regulations start growing out of the Wood Work. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298590.html#msg298590

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 07:33:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by lancelot
I cant agree more.
Hawkers are ruining the hobby for us all. I helped capture one near me, who was detecting on a historic conservation site at a 1700 year old castle.
They know that on the grounds the treasure from the castle was hidden when the Nazi's abandoned it when the Americans approached. They just dont know how much history was stolen and sold by him on the internet.

I would like to invite you to put your name on our list of people supporting the mission.
it only makes you a supporter. not a member or any other thing needed. just the pledge to help stop them.

Please Register or Login

http://globaldetecting.com/2015/06/27/help-snuff-out-illegal-detecting-and-videos/

I wish you great luck, and happy hunting.
One day I will need it when I finally get another permission... Cheesy

You can Put me down for it and We will see what else can be done too, when we have had a chance to discuss the whole idea a even further,

Keep up the good work.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298593.html#msg298593

« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:38:56 am by Ridge Runner »
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Germany

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Mac OS X 10.10.3
Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 08:52:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by homefire
   One  needs to be Prudent and think things out dealing with officials and the Public at large .    Things could Back Fire .    Like these Retarded Treasure Hunting shows here in the USA.  They portray MD folks in a bad light and Laws and Regulations start growing out of the Wood Work. 

THat is exactly what is happening here with legislations as many officials see metal detecting on YouTube, the ones inaccurately portraying the rest of us. As they see people digging up unexploded bombs and grenades, and not reporting them, as well as robbing war time mass graves... on video for "entertainment"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298595.html#msg298595

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 43.0.2357.130
Chrome 43.0.2357.130

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 10:21:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Arizona.  Thanks for what you're doing.  Need more like you.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,60554.msg298597.html#msg298597

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.