[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Gold FinderTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT PRO; Garrett Pinpointer
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:35:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi to all,  I've posted a couple of times already in the Legal Issues thread and will continue to do so if the members find it interesting, otherwise I'll keep my trap shut.  (Ex Navy, what can I say?!!)  A little about me is that I bought my AT Pro with the idea that a client who has been "detecting" for years (at least 40) was going to repay me with lessons on how to "detect" for some legal work I did for him.  Well, he lives in another county and somehow, now that the works over with, he doesn't have the time to give the lessons he promised.  Actually in fairness, he's going to give me lessons after I learn how to do it from his cousin who has never called, either.  So, that's how I ended up here.....looking for lessons on how to use my detector and understand what all the different beeps are about.  I'm actually pretty proud of myself because when I got around to finally getting a chance to use it, the detector, I found a metal button about 7 inches deep in my back yard.  Nothing to get excited about because it and $3.50 will buy one a latte at Starbucks.  But, it was pretty exciting none the less knowing something was down there and pinpointing it and then finding it.  Made me remember the first time I caught a fish with my Dad some 60 years ago.

I live and work in Tulsa, OK.  Grew up in St. Louis, MO, to tales of Huck Finn and seeing lots of old buildiings that are now nearly 250 years old; where Jesse James hid out in some caves in the Ozarks with loot that he liberated from trains and banks and supposedly is still there.  I am interested in finding it ALL from worthless buttons to 50# Alaskan gold nuggets just so long as I can get out of doors and enjoy the fresh air and the excitement of finding a treasure, no matter how small or large.

I recently found out there is a local detector group that just had a meet or contest or something over in Sapulpa last week, but I was visiting my grand daughters in NY and couldn't make it.  Surely there will be more and if any of you are from OK and know how to use the AT Pro, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Best regards and good hunting All.

Gold Finder

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168284.html#msg168284

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:30:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gold Finder,

Welcome to THunting.com.......

You almost managed to slip under the radar by posting this on the Beginners board, but being the good but modest moderators we are, we managed to spot you.
      Your post so far have been good.  Your further input on Legal Issues and any other subject you wish to contribute to is encouraged......However, if any of your postings start off with "Now listen up, this is no sh*+...." we're going to know we're hearing a sea story.

BA in Arizona

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168640.html#msg168640

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:07:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from New Mexico.   LOL!   I've made deals like that too!     Shocked

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168643.html#msg168643

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G Day Gold Finder and welcome to Thunting from London via Australia,

Now If you get stuck or need any help then just call and I will be glad to help, so don't sit there and struggle
on ya own with this thing coz thats what we are here for.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168645.html#msg168645

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:50:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

BitBurgAggie, HomeFire, Ridge Runner,

To all, thanks for the warm welcome.  BitBurgAggie you know me too well.  I'll have to watch how I start my posts with you, for certain.  HomeFire, I've enjoyed many of your posts in my journey through this site and I'm looking forward to many more.  RidgeRunner, mate, you've already been a great teacher by sending me to the proper threads to help "understand" my AT Pro both on THunting and AKmining.  This is a shot in the dark, I know, but any chance you know Greg Willet of Corowa NSW 2646.  He's a great fellow that loves motorcycles. 

I'll have more to post on the legal site next week after I've done a bit more research.  Lost two of my mates this past weekend due to a motorcycle accident which I think was caused by some very high winds blowing across a highway and a deputy sheriff didn't stop when an accident was clearly happening in front of him.  So very sad, the Vietnam Vet will be sorely missed, great sense of humor and always there to help.  One gets buried tomorrow, the other on Friday. 

On happier note, thanks for the greetings and if you've got time send me a post about each of you and how long you've been MDing and what your greatest or best find has been.  I love hearing those.

Regards,

Gold Finder (in training)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168695.html#msg168695

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold Finder, Thank you for your kind words and I'm sorry to hear about your friends, Blessins and prayers for them
I dont Know your friend as I am from SE Queensland about 100Ks north of Brisbane,

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168697.html#msg168697

Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold Finder it's ok if ur ex navy we wont hold that against you !!  Grin  Grin
Congrat on that first find , I know it was just a metal button, but it doesnt really matter it's the Joy of making that first find and knowing your the first person to uncover it and hold it in however many years.
I wish you luck and continued success, Plz read all you can and Join your local group, I am sure they will be a great group of guys more than willing to help you. and Don't forget if there is something u really want to know just ask or use the search eng in the upper right hand corner, either way , someone will answer your question  or point you in the right direction.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg168734.html#msg168734

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

50.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:58:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, Karl. I appreciate the tip. There sure is a lot to learn.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,23401.msg169140.html#msg169140

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.