[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GozzoTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:05:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi and greeting's from Northern Australia, Unlike my machines I am fairly new to this hobby, I have owned about 5 MD's over the last 10 years but have only began to get serious in the last few Months i have read heaps of books on the subject but have found that reading is not a terribly enlightening way to learn, without getting out there  Detecting.
 I am interested in all aspects of prospecting and metal detecting how ever living where i do there doesn't seem to be any clubs or interest groups unless your into fossicking for gems, which is kinda strange when there were some major gold finds in my area in centuries gone by. This time i intend to open the entire  because i don't think I'm going to get rich any other way than to work for it. I look forward to more interaction with other members. And would like to say a big thanks to those who have welcomed me and guided me already since i signed up last Friday found $3.06 last Saturday in one park and $1.50 plus my first silver ring on sunday in another, so at that rate i should be a millionaire in about another 100 years as long as i go out everyday. lol Seriously my point is to other newbies like me is if i can do that by teaching my self so can you. It's just a matter of research, questions, practice and patience. i have thrown the towel in quite a few times over the years but this time I'm here to stay.
Good hunting
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211317.html#msg211317

Dig it, you know you WANT to.

Sorry this isn't that kind of Swingers club.

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 11:03:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from New Mexico.

Good to have you in the crew.

Gold down yonder is the bomb.

What machine do you have at this time?

Yep the the others chase the Rocks and go hit the Gold!   LOL

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211320.html#msg211320

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
3%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:26:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gozzo, I've greeted you on another thread, but  Welcome  again!  You sound well informed and thinking deeply about metal detecting.  Good to have you aboard!                Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211354.html#msg211354

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Arizona

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211374.html#msg211374

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Gold, Whites GMT GoldMaster E - Series, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Grand Master Hunter cx11 (dead ), Garrett Ace 350  , Cen- Tech Hand Held
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 10:52:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Homefire at the moment I have a Garrett ADS Groundhog, which i have had for a number of years it was my first quality detector. I made the mistake (Three Years ago )  of lending it to a guy for a 3day weekend.Then last week I had to hike ten Kilometer's up a mountain to get it back.  I also own a Garrett Master Hunter cx11 that was given to me a few month's ago. There is something about that Garrett Green that ignites the hunter in me, lol. My wife loves MD's to, because it  gets rid of me for hours at a time. One day I hope to own a shiny new modern detector but till then, if it worked 20 years ago it should still work today. Cry  thanks for the welcome, what part of the states is New Mexico I'm guessing it's around Texas way given the name ?
 Hi ArfieBoy, yes i believe your the first board member I interacted with, actually now i realise it was it was you that pointed me to the graphics software. Which as promised work's a charm.
      I have joined a few boards but have found this to be the most active and the members friendly to interact with, so looks like you guy's are stuck with me. Smiley. Must say I have found one members post's to be very strange ( I will leave everyone guessing what I mean by that lol )
Hi BA Glad to meet you ( in the way you meet people on the net )
  Detecting
Cheers
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211378.html#msg211378

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 11:03:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Glad to have ya here.

What did he do?   Leave it on the mountain?

Good group here to the most parts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211380.html#msg211380

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

goldmap.jpg

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 01:12:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

No he has a hut he built in some mountains he inherited the land  from his granparents,he just left it there when he borrowed it, and kept telling me that it just kept slipping his mind, and the reason he kept forgetting was it was under the bed I had slept in. The country is very rugged and I only have a 2wd vehicle at the moment, my trailbike has blown an oil seal and it leaks faster than i can fill it, and he has just kept refusing to bring it out. so my son and I decided to just hike in and get it. funny thing was though when we arrived there, it was on the main table, with fresh batteries ( mixed types grrr ) installed. My biggest concern about it had been that when it was left there the batteries I had supplied with it may have leaked which is why I discovered the fresh batteries, because the first thing i did was look to see if the batteries had leaked over three years. and what do you know there were ( still is ) a pile of packets of new batteries sitting next to it. I'm guessing from that, the truth of the matter was he has been using it the whole time, and simply didn't want to return it.
 Detecting
Gozzo

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211396.html#msg211396

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:45:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Gozzo, I found your post entertaining, the part about the Md left up in the mountains had me going  Grin
 Good to hear you got it back ok ...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211401.html#msg211401

Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Glad you found it entertaining, would like to be there to see his face when he realises he no longer has a free metal detector, guess he was relying on the remoteness of the place to discourage me from going in by myself to get it. As he knows I don't have a 4wd, I don't recall the mountain being that steep when we drove in, lol. The worst part about the whole thing though, is I thought he was a trustworthy mate. But as usual just another B/S artist.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211403.html#msg211403

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 07:17:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's sad Gozzo that some folks are like that but you got your detector back so all is good.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34840.msg211406.html#msg211406

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.