[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Mr.SafetyTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 89.0.4389.105
Chrome 89.0.4389.105

Awards

Radio Shack / Yukon77B pro
« on: April 05, 2021, 04:33:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

It's a down right shame that the discussion lost traction because the fire is still flaming . I have personally heard very believable stories within the last two years of hidden gold in the Ozarks and of course Jesse James tales here in the mid west . I have a friend in the Ozarks whom his family owned property for generations and it was confiscated by Land management when they made Truman Lake . The property they commandeered had a cave on it , in fact more than one . My friend knows for fact that his grandparents hid valuables in one and that Confederates hid gold in one because they were afraid of the Blue bellies catching them after having stole it from the near by town of  Cole Camp , Mo . They were tryin to get towards Springfield , Mo . but never made it , at the time the only route south was through my friends family's property due to the fact it was the only spot they could cross the river with a heavy wagon . They never made it and the Yanks never found the gold . The Missouri Conservation Dept . holds tight rein on the caves and the lake has never been close to flooding the property . It's almost like they knew the stories too and used the lake as an excuse to claim it . Also during the hiding of the gold the cave was dynamited by the gray coats that's why the Blue boys didn't get it . My friend has a plan on how to get in its just a matter of dodging the Park boys . Also there is still plenty of talk of Jesse James and his caches as he was a regular to the area himself and he was a member of the Knights of the Golden Circle which was Confederate to the bone . It is said that he got away with all the robbery's for so long was because it was actually to build the coffers so the south could rise again . It is said that he had numerous drop points for others to transfer it to the higher ups , some of which has been found and proven it was Jesse . Missouri (most) of it was confederate sympathizers . The average life span of an outlaw lasted 2 to 3 years historically , Jesse James's lasted over 15 years , imagine that ! Call it conspiracy or what you will but most folks around here know Jesse didn't die until the 1930's , faking his death was the only way out and have a real life too . 
       Well I hope this sparks something , thank you ,they call me Mr. Safety

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72728.msg332985.html#msg332985

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States
Referrals: 0

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Chrome 89.0.4389.90
Chrome 89.0.4389.90

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:20:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Confederate gold is a whole set of legends that are interesting, but probably greatly exaggerated in the re-telling, especially if you are limiting yourself to the official treasury of the Confederate States of America.  On the other hand IF you are included the loot accumulated by die-hards, including the James and Youngers, AFTER the official end of the Civil War, you could be talking about a more substantial amount of treasure scattered across a wide area.  One thing is sure, anyone truly interested in finding any of it has to either be very lucky OR they have to spend a lot of time validating the parts of the legends against historic records and accounts as well as "putting boots on the ground".

BA

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,72728.msg332994.html#msg332994

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.