[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ChristianTopic starter
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:26:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dear members,

I would like to call for your kind attention.

I hope that you all enjoy the THunting.com message boards. THunting.com is a fully free of charge community where ideas, oppinions and knowledge can be exchanged and gained.

Many people are putting much work and time into writing excellent articles well worth reading or sharing their finds with others.

Therefore I kindly would like to ask you to help improve the site by actively participating. Please help us making this site well worth reading by sharing your finds, oppinions and expirience with others.

Also please kindly thank the authors from time to time. It really doesn't take much to comment on an article and express your thanks but will show the author his or her work is much appreciated.

So next time you read some good information here or see a great find please take a second and let the author know you enjoy what they are doing.

Thank you,

Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73560.html#msg73560

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 09:21:24 am by Christian »

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Fools Gold
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

420.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Lobo VLF, Tesoro Lobo ST, Tesoro Sidewinder
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 10:00:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, This is my first time on the site, I want to say thank you for the reads. I plan to come back to this site a lot. So anywat THANKS, Boyd......... Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73652.html#msg73652

Offline Out4gold
It's a rock on the ground, it's a specimen when you take it home.
Bronze Member

It's a rock on the ground, it's a specimen when you take it home.
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2835.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'll give it my all.
Some other sites forbid farewell posts,
thank you for letting us say good bye to Allen.
Some of us will miss him here.

Out4gold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73654.html#msg73654

Out4gold
AKA:Bone2stone

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:21:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

I agree that it is a good idea to say thanks for things that you find useful or informative, however we must remember that not everybody is on this board for the same reason.  There are over 200 forums and subforums on this site, and many people come in for specific reasons, like metal detecting or coin hunting, and other topics are of absolutely no interest to them.  Someone who takes the time to write an article on salvaging a shipwreck or historical significance of mideval coins should not feel slighted if they don't get a "thank you" from somebody who stumbles upon those articles but has absolutely no interest in the topic.  That would be like an author of a book getting mad because you picked up his book in the book store, glanced at it, and set it back down without buying it.  We all have different tastes here, and we all are not going to be interested in every word written by every other member.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73655.html#msg73655

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline Sedonan
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

bigwater,
 My sentiments exactly.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73659.html#msg73659

Him thief him fren' of him last Guiney
  Him kill both Priest and Friar,o dear.
    Him cut de troat of piccanniny
      Bloody, bloody buccaneer.

Offline optymyst
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:49:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

As a total newbie around here, I feel Christian's lead post is absolutely right. I found my way here searching for information and a bit of advice. Suffice it to say that I found information to answer my questions, articles that showed me ideas and areas that were completely new to me, not to mention a friendly atmosphere, some very interesting people and some very accomplished folks, too.

So my thanks go to the writers of the articles, to all those who take the trouble to answer a question AND to everyone who does all the other work that keeps the whole thing rolling along. All you moderators, take a bow, thank you. Techies, thank you.

I just stumbled in here, y'know? I think it's one the best spots on the net.

Happy Hunting all.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73670.html#msg73670

Beach hunting apprentice...
Explorer II

Offline mfitzs70
Bronze Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%

United States

820.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:38:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm expressing my opinion here and this is my opinion and not anyone elses whether it is frowned upon or aggreed with I am not concerned.

This forum has been great letting people voice their opinions and I hope it will be allowed here.

Growing up as a kid my parents taught me to be kind to others and not to expect something in return whether it is a gift or money. I grew up doing "nice" things for people because it gave me the personal satisfaction and warm squishy feeling of doing the right thing. We shoveled snow on countless driveways on the worst days on my street for the elderly and were not allowed to take anything in return.I remember going ice fishing with my brothers and father. On the way to the lake we noticed a car stuck in the snow. Without even hesitating my father stopped and did not even have to speak. We all got out and pushed the car out with the driver still in the car. We were snow covered and muddy. The driver did not stop, wave, or honk as a thank you. Which at first bothered me as a 12 year old boy. BUT it was the right thing to do pushing the person out of the snow. I can make up all kinds of things of why the driver didn't stop, didn't want to get stuck again,physical emergency...etc. How the person handles himself is not my concen. I'm sure the good Lord is above watching and thats all I need.  Yes I agree, a thank you is nice from time to time but I know and feel that a job well done helping someone feels great by itself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73690.html#msg73690

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by mfitzs70
I'm expressing my opinion here and this is my opinion and not anyone elses whether it is frowned upon or aggreed with I am not concerned.

This forum has been great letting people voice their opinions and I hope it will be allowed here.

Growing up as a kid my parents taught me to be kind to others and not to expect something in return whether it is a gift or money. I grew up doing "nice" things for people because it gave me the personal satisfaction and warm squishy feeling of doing the right thing. We shoveled snow on countless driveways on the worst days on my street for the elderly and were not allowed to take anything in return.I remember going ice fishing with my brothers and father. On the way to the lake we noticed a car stuck in the snow. Without even hesitating my father stopped and did not even have to speak. We all got out and pushed the car out with the driver still in the car. We were snow covered and muddy. The driver did not stop, wave, or honk as a thank you. Which at first bothered me as a 12 year old boy. BUT it was the right thing to do pushing the person out of the snow. I can make up all kinds of things of why the driver didn't stop, didn't want to get stuck again,physical emergency...etc. How the person handles himself is not my concen. I'm sure the good Lord is above watching and thats all I need.  Yes I agree, a thank you is nice from time to time but I know and feel that a job well done helping someone feels great by itself.

amen

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73691.html#msg73691

Offline ldablo
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Master Hunter CX Plus
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm brand spanking new here...but I have to agree.

You do things 'cause you want to. You stop doing things 'cause you want to.

Thank yous are appreciated but quite irrelevant IF you're doing something you'd be doing anyway 'cause you want to. Dig?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73695.html#msg73695

Offline Idaho Jones
Gold Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

7930.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 12:32:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

A comment on an interent forum can do a couple things. One it lets the writer know you either liked or disliked what they posted and that there is interest, and it places the post back up top where others may find it. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11458.msg73698.html#msg73698

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.