[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline morjy911Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Chrome 67.0.3396.87
Chrome 67.0.3396.87

Awards

Treasure hunter
« on: September 21, 2018, 05:46:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Please contact me thru.

EDITED BY MODERATOR, do not post contact details on the public boards, exchange details via the PM system. THANK YOU.

It was assyed here in philippines at banko sentral. Or central bank of the Philippines
However, due it was a treasure it need permits and other documents.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325480.html#msg325480

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:39:58 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline davaotreasurehunter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:25:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

you have to show proof about your claim because its a lie if you tell a fact without any documentary proof.

bsp does not buy platinum. thus, they dont assay platinum. what are you telling us?   

Please Register or Login

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325509.html#msg325509

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 06:29:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Why not sell it to your bank? Banks buy precious metals.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325510.html#msg325510

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 06:36:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

banks dont buy precious metals here in the philippines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325511.html#msg325511

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 06:39:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by davaotreasurehunter
banks dont buy precious metals here in the philippines.

Of course they do. I was there for a number of years. You can fool others but not me. Keep it up and you will be booted from this forum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325512.html#msg325512

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 06:51:09 am »
Go Up Go Down

what bank? central banks do buy gold and silver. no platinum.

does bdo buy precious metals as part of their authority from the central bank to operate? is it included in their franchise or authority to operate as a bank?

if they buy indeed, that is not legal. that is not one of their job.

but if they have a client who has a deposit with the bank, they can accomodate any agreement under an escrow agreement or any other deal. they can facilitate such deal.

but if the banks buy it, that is not allowed.

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 06:43:51 am

you can boot me now from this forum for telling me my honest opinion and fact on this matter. that is what i know.

do not threaten anyone with booting them out if they just tell a fact. im not here to scam anyone.

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 06:46:09 am

where is your legal basis that will authorize an ordinary bank (Not the central bank) from buying precious metals as part of their functions as a bank?

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 06:49:32 am
this is just giving opinion on a matter. if we have disagreements, and you find me wrong, does that mean im fooling people?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325516.html#msg325516

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 06:56:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by davaotreasurehunter
what bank? central banks do buy gold and silver. no platinum.

does bdo buy precious metals as part of their authority from the central bank to operate? is it included in their franchise or authority to operate as a bank?

if they buy indeed, that is not legal. that is not one of their job.

but if they have a client who has a deposit with the bank, they can accomodate any agreement under an escrow agreement or any other deal. they can facilitate such deal.

but if the banks buy it, that is not allowed.

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 06:43:51 am

you can boot me now from this forum for telling me my honest opinion and fact on this matter. that is what i know.

do not threaten anyone with booting them out if they just tell a fact. im not here to scam anyone.

Don't challenge a moderator either. However, that being said, I mistook your post as an argument from the original poster. My apologies. You are still incorrect as far as I know.

To that end, in the past I have bought precious metals of all kinds from my account in HSBC, Manila and Chase Manhattan, Manila. In fact, they are stored there to this day. You see, at the time, under Marcos, it was illegal to remove the goods from the Philippines. Not sure about today. I should contact them and either sell all of it or have it shipped to me in the US. Platinum is always underpriced overseas making it a good investment. I also have accounts at both of those banks in Singapore and Hong Kong.

The original poster can also sell through a broker if he was serious. These things all start the same. Make contact here, e-mail exchange, set up a mutual bank account to ship the platinum, then the payment. Seller disappears after that. We have had it happen often here so we do not allow the buying and selling of precious metals or treasure investments here. That's the facts. Even if we ban it, there's still the chance that a foolish person will contact the seller away from the forum. That's why we allow this kind of rebuttal.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325517.html#msg325517

Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:18:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

i know HSBC has a precious metals division . the headquarter of HSBC is overseas. i dont know if they are based in hongkong or someplace else. i dont know but i know they are not a bank incorporated here in the philippines. chase manhatan is not a bank incorporated here in the philipines too. maybe in us or somewhere else. maybe as a universal bank, they are allowed to do that. i was referring to local banks like bdo, bpi, network bank, rcbc. as far as i know, they do not have a precious metals division.

we dont have chase manhatan here in mindanao . we have HSBC here in mindanao, but they dont have a precious metals division here, only overseas. but i do not know in manila. to my knowledge, HSBC as a rule are not allowed to buy gold if the gold comes from a small miners under the philippine mining act. for large scale miners, i am not privy to their transactions but i know HSBC buys them through their client who is metallor. i have heard it from the news.  that makes the HSBC not a buyer but the metallor. they are just the client of HSBC who does all the buying.

my knowledge is limited, i guess. but if indeed a local bank  buys such gold, and silver and platinum, it runs counter to their basic mandate as a bank under Philippine laws.

gold mined by small miners can only be sold to BSP or Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, or other BSP accredited buyers like pawnshops and other stations (but not banks). so also, large scale miners are not allowed to sell their gold to the local banks as a rule. i have not known a fact that these miners sell gold to BDO, BPI, etc.

if there is such a bank, maybe its a bank that has a universal bank license.

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 07:09:59 am
please tell me how to deactivate my account here. or just boot me outright so my account will be deactivated. its not good if you are threatened.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325519.html#msg325519

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 07:26:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

So, are you defending the original poster asking for buyers? Make your position clear. Your arguing and saying you are not sure is just silly. I know where my investments and holdings are. If I didn't, that would truly be stupid. So once again.

Are you defending the offer to sell platinum on this forum? Yes or no. Forget about the banks and just answer. Your future here depends on it.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325520.html#msg325520

Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 62.0
Firefox 62.0

Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 07:39:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

you have to show proof about your claim because its a lie if you tell a fact without any documentary proof.

bsp does not buy platinum. thus, they dont assay platinum. what are you telling us?   

Please Register or Login

http://www.bsp.gov.ph/

THAT IS MY original post.... im not defending. im saying he is a liar because bsp does not buy platinum. then why is it that he said he assayed it with the BSP. that's pretty clear and simple. i want him to show a proof that they assayed it with the BSP because its a clear lie.

im not a scammer. and im a legitimate treasure hunter who is not using a metal detector (because metal detectors are useless against yamashita treasures). i also know some facts about banks and other matters, having studied and graduated a law degree here in the philippines.

please tell me how to deactivate my account here. you are so good in threatening people when a simple argument could be done. it is not nice to threaten to boot people out and say what is your answer now, because your future depends on it. that is not nice sir.

please deacdtivate my account.

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 07:32:40 am
how do i deactivate my account. these are the buttons that i found:

Summary Summary
Show Stats Show Stats
Show Topics Started Show Topics Started
Show Posts Show Posts
Thank You Posts Thank You Posts
Awards Awards
Donations Show Donations
Show Drafts Show Drafts (0)
View Reputation View Reputation

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information Forum Profile Information
Show Posts Social Login Merge Account
Look and Layout Preferences Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options Personal Message Options
Ignore User Options Ignore User Options
Edit Buddies Edit Buddies
Personal Message Options Ignore Boards Preferences

Social Network
Social Network Social Network

Media
Summary Summary
View items View items
View comments View comments
View votes View votes

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=42651

Posted on: September 24, 2018, 07:34:53 am
i still maintain that local banks do not buy gold as part of their functions as  a bank.

if you say HSBC or chase manhattan does that, i stand corrected. but they are universal banks. i was not referring to them. i was referring to bank here in the philippines, meaning local banks, or banks incorporated here in the philippines.

and i certainly do not support scammers. i hate them. that is why i was sarcastic with my remark that the one who posted was lying.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67715.msg325523.html#msg325523

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.