[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Texas JayTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:22:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi everyone!  I was doing some treasure-hunting research last night when my search results turned up a thread from this fascinating website so I joined.  My name is Jay Longley and I live in Brownwood in rural central Texas.  I've been metal detecting since 1969 when I was a kid.  My first detector was a Jetco Searchmaster.  Now, I mostly use a trusty old Garrett Gold Stinger Scorpion.  In 1981, a longtime friend and I founded the Central Texas Treasure Club in Brownwood which is still going strong.  I'm eager to catch up on the messages here so I will stop for now but I hope to make many good friendships from this site.
~Texas Jay 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42191.html#msg42191

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Jay-April06mdfinds1.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:28:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome aboard, Jay. This is indeed a fascinating place. Christian, the founder, has done his best to make it feel like a living room coffee club.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42194.html#msg42194

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 03:43:10 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Jay,

glad you have found us! Hope the thread you cam up with was of interest / help to you and your research! What were you looking for if I may ask?

I really hope you will become a regular with us and share your thoughts and expirience with our members.

Thanks again for having joined us and best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42205.html#msg42205

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome Aboard ,,,Looking forward to seeing some of your find's from over the year's   Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42211.html#msg42211

Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 05:47:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you, GoldDigger1950, Christian, and outback, for the nice welcome.  I've always felt at home among my fellow treasure hunters and I have found that some of the best people in the world are involved in this hobby or occupation.  For the past four years, I have been intensely studying Civil War and post-War history, in particular, Quantrill's Raiders, Bloody Bill Anderson and the Knights of the Golden Circle.  I was searching the Net for various keyword combinations associated with "Knights of the Golden Circle" when a thread from this website showed up in the search results.  I think the combination I was using was "Knights of the Golden Circle symbols".  In April, 2006, I started a Yahoo group called Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group and, in the years since, we have conducted the most thorough and comprehensive study into the controversial life and death of this Guerrilla leader ever attempted. 
In past years, my main "treasure hunting" was searching for old coins and relics and locating lost rings, jewelry, and other valuables for people who had lost them.  Then, I helped a friend purchase a detector like mine and, in the free gift package, he received a copy of "Rebel Gold" by Bob Brewer and Warren Getler which my friend read and then gave to me.  I was totally spellbound as I read the book as things that I had been told as a young man and things that I had discovered years ago while metal detecting started coinciding with what Bob Brewer was telling in the book.
I used to think that I was living in one of the most un-historically interesting places in the world but, boy, was I wrong!  I've since learned that Brownwood in Brown County, Texas was a frontier haven for ex-Guerrillas, ex-Confederates, and KGC members. 
I am not an "expert" on the KGC, at least, not yet but after posting some photos online of some things I have discovered in this area, I have been fortunate enough to have been contacted by most of the real KGC experts out there and they have helped me tremendously.
~Texas Jay     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42216.html#msg42216

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 06:34:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Jay,

thank you very much for your kind and comprehensive reply. Indeed there are is a long topic on the KGC here. I hope it was of some use to you. Quantrill's Raiders and Bloody Bill are new to me. I'd be happy if you posted some information on these two topics here.

Oh and if you should ever need some free webspace to put up a homepage about your research just drop me a line!

Good to have you here!

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42230.html#msg42230

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 06:36:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

PS: There are indeed discriminating PI circuits out there but no underwater machine is using those yet.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42232.html#msg42232

Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:59:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Christian.  I have been slowly but steadily reading the many fascinating messages on this website starting with the newest and working my way through them.  I certainly appreciate your generous offer of providing webspace for our work and will keep it in mind.  Yahoo has been great for us because, in a little under four years there, we have been able to post and store thousands of messages, photos, links, files and a database in our group there:

From our group's homepage:

I created this group for those interested in history to share information about the life and death of Bloody Bill Anderson and to help solve the mystery of whether or not the real Bloody Bill Anderson was killed in Missouri in October of 1864, by Union soldiers, or if he actually escaped to live out his life in Salt Creek in Brown County, Texas. Colonel William C. Anderson of Brown County admitted, in 1924, that he was in fact the real Bloody Bill Anderson of Quantrill's Guerrillas fame. I chose to start this group because it offers a way for us to share information, photographs, and links to online sources of data we can use to help us in our search for the truth. We can use the message board to ask questions and to post messages containing material we want to share with each other. Since this group was established in April of 2006, dozens of our members have provided evidence that historically proves that Colonel William C. Anderson of Brown County was Bloody Bill Anderson. We also provide a lot of information about the secret Confederate group - the Knights of the Golden Circle. I require that we treat each other with respect and do not make any personal attacks on other members. Those members whose sole intent is to disrupt and distract other members from the serious purpose of this group will be BANNED PERMANENTLY. My name is Jay Longley and my email address is jay_longley@yahoo.com . I live in Brownwood in central Texas in Brown County.
IMPORTANT: ALL MEMBERS will be required to have at least partially completed Yahoo Profiles to remain in this group. This basic information must include your real first name, a working email address, and the state you live in.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSES - Members are encouraged to go to message #3405 for this outline of how our investigation is to proceed.
For an excellent 2-page article on our group's work, order the Feb. 24, 2008 Horizons issue of the Bulletin by calling:
Brownwood Bulletin - 325-641-3107 - Circulation Dept.
Christian, I am sure happy that I found your site.  You have done a magnificent job!
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42241.html#msg42241

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

bloodybillandersonpostcard1.jpg

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:34:21 pm by Christian »
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 07:03:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, I have just wet to your Yahoo Site! Who quite a lot of monthy messages! This must be a really terrific source of information on bloody Bill! Well done!

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42242.html#msg42242

Offline capnrich
Bronze Member

I'm hungry like the wolf...
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250, GTI 2500, ProPointer, kneepads
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello from Minnesota! Very interesting stuff your researching!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6937.msg42246.html#msg42246

I'm hooked on Thunting!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.