[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Bob BensonTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 65.0.3325.181
Chrome 65.0.3325.181

Awards

Bounty Hunter RB=7 VLF SPD
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello
Bob here years ago I purchased an RB-7 new in the box and I still have it but it has been on the shelf for many years when I was using it I found lots of coins and artifacts and had lots of fun with it.
Now I am retired and took it down off of the shelf to start THing again and found it is not working its in extremely good shape and I have been in electronics for many years
I want to restore it to working condition again dose anybody have technical data on this unit like schematics and possibly repair data (I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to HIHI) any information would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at other more newer units on the market and have played with a couple of them but at the present moment I would like to compare my RB-7 once I get it working to see what the differences are as the RB-7 was a very good detector I found a barber head dime at 12 inches not to shabby
thanks
Bob

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67193.msg323899.html#msg323899

Offline ArfieBoy
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you293

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 11:15:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

H!  Welcome to the forum from Oregon.    Welcome   I'm not a tech guy or an electronics person, but we have a lot of them on here so they should get to you soon.  You can use the "search" function in the upper right hand corner to do a search on the RB7,  Good Luck, and welcome again!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67193.msg323900.html#msg323900

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 59.0
Firefox 59.0

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 11:40:02 am »
Go Up Go Down

I don't have any data on that machine but have done many repairs made to a variety of machines without schematics. Two things go wrong with machines that sit a long time. Mostly mechanical for adjustments and knobs, and wires getting brittle. Then there are the capacitors. They often go bad just sitting there. Look for swelling on the electrolytic caps and look for any skewing away from the PC board. I always have a few hundred of them laying around in many values so if I have a particularly puzzling problem, I just replace all of the electrolytic capacitor.

Look closely at your potentiometers to see of they are corroded and if there is any graphite powder coming out of them. Where the wires meet the board, look for gray looking corrosion.

One tip for you is something I always do. Take a few pictures so you know where all the wires go if one happens to break.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67193.msg323901.html#msg323901

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Bob BensonTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

0.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Chrome 65.0.3325.181
Chrome 65.0.3325.181

Awards

Bounty Hunter RB=7 VLF SPD
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 12:12:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey!!
Thanks for the information
One thing i did not indicate is that this unit is original no mods or repairs have ever been made to this unit which is nice because I don't have any history on this unit as far as repairs go the boards are conformal coated i will have to use my dermal brush to clean off the coating. or some king of solvent to remove components I have all the tools and test equipment to do the job OK on the cold solder joints and bad pots this unit was stored in a very nice controlled environment so there is no corrosion or rust to contend with
a schematic would be of great help though
much appreciated
thanks will keep you guys posted on what is happening with this endeavor hopfully what i find will helpful to other people working on this unit also.       

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67193.msg323902.html#msg323902

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 59.0
Firefox 59.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 02:41:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I happen to have the Original Schematic to the RB-7.  To large to post here.  PM a E Addy and I will send it to you.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,67193.msg323904.html#msg323904

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.