[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline n4N224CCW
Oak Island Historian
Pull Tab

Oak Island Historian
Thank you1

Activity
0%

Canada
Referrals: 0

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus w/depth multiplier
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 08:53:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

All,

As some of you may recall, I came to this forum in Jan 2007 for the purpose of providing a warning against Ranville. I am not surprised to see his participation on this forum deteriorated with an eventual attack on the forum Administrator. This has been his modus operandi in every forum of which he has participated dating back to 2006.

Christian asked me to come back for the purpose of sharing Oak Island information and to correct the misinformation Ranville was spreading.

After glancing through his ramblings, any attempt to correct his outright errors would be a full time job. In all seriousness as based upon my experience with Keith and from meeting him in 2005, he is challenged to even identify Nova Scotia on a map, Mahone Bay or even Oak Island itself. If it were not for someone having previously identified Oak Island on google earth, he would be lost.

Keith is no expert on Oak Island and I dare some here are more knowledgeable he can ever hope to be. When challenged to identify even the location of the money pit, Keith could not. Even after he drew a circle of 650ft in diameter, on an aerial photo around the general area he thought to contain the money pit, he was still off by 200ft. Just about everything he has posted on Oak Island is hogwash.

In keeping with Christian's request, I will gladly dispel any misinformation spread by Keith, or answer any Oak Island questions you may have, please ask!

If you're interested in how Keith transformed himself from seeing Buffalo heads carved into the landscape of NS (yes, that is what motivated him to visit even though Buffalo never existed in NS and the local natives were never familiar with the buffalo), to islands shapes being altered by man into the shape of skulls, to Shakespeare, Atlantis and beyond; I invite you to familiarize yourself with my blog at the following:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.birchislandillusion.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in Oak Island?s history, I invite you to visit the single most important Oak Island webpage online at

Please Register or Login

http://www.oakislandtheories.com

Or access the forum which contains the single largest collection of Oak Island documents to be found online.

Cheers

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg24841.html#msg24841

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:37:17 pm by n4N224CCW »

Just ask me about Oak Island or visit

Please Register or Login

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 09:02:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for being back at THunting.com! I hope that you will enrich us with some interesting information on Oak Island. I will restore all of your postings which had unfortunately been deleted.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg24939.html#msg24939

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline badinfluence63
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 10:56:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
Have some of the pictures captured by the towable camera - which you mentioned above - been published on the internet? Are tehre also images of the stone available?

Regards,

Christian

Christian,

There are  reditions of the "90 foot stone" as it has been referred to. Go to yahoo images write in 90 foot stone and one will pop up I am sure.

And there are images available for your viewing pleasure, perhaps n4 would be willing to post them here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg24945.html#msg24945

Offline n4N224CCW
Oak Island Historian
Pull Tab

Oak Island Historian
Thank you1

Activity
0%

Canada

230.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus w/depth multiplier
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 02:20:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ranville?s  Inscription Symbols

Folks,

The symbols which Keith is attempting decipher for the purpose of promoting himself as some great shaman Cree decoder are nothing more than a 20th Century fabrication by author Charles Driscoll. Driscoll fabricated the symbols for his book Doubloons and admitted to doing this very thing.  Not only did Driscoll fabricate the symbols, he also fabricated the number of symbols.

Keith arrived in Nova Scotia in Oct 2005, his interpretation of the symbols pointed him in the direction of Little Gooseberry Island. He promoted Little Gooseberry with the same conviction as he promotes Birch Island today.  Inconsistencies with the translation were pointed out and Keith went looking for another target of opportunity.

Keith was made aware of the Driscoll information and to use caution when conjuring anything relating to the stone. Keith then started showing photos of what he thought to be the original inscribed stone and defended the symbols. The stone in fact was manufactured by Oak Island author D?Arcy O?Connor for the TV show ?In search of?. D?Arcy personally told Keith on a public forum that he made the stone and also the number of symbols on the real stone were anyone?s guess.

After finding nothing of significance via google earth, Keith then retranslated his symbols to now point towards the Middle River.  He promoted the Middle River as having an access tunnel with large granite counter balanced protective doors.  He promoted the Middle River notion with the same conviction as he promotes Birch Island today. Inconsistencies with the translation were pointed out and Keith went looking for another target of opportunity.

After finding nothing of significance via google earth, Keith once again retranslated his symbols to now point towards his ?Skull Island?. Keith was so sure of his interpretation that he even attempted to apply for a Treasure Trove Permit. Again, he promoted Skull Island like he does Birch Island, and once again inconsistencies were pointed out to him. Additionally, Skull Island did not have anything of interest which Keith could associate to a treasure or to promote.

The community itself was now becoming tired of Ranville, especially as he was starting to become nasty towards those who pointed out inconsistencies in his translations.

In about March of 2006 or so, Keith found his Birch Island Illusion. Finally he found something he could promote. The feature itself is nothing more than a result of geological conditions causing subsidence due to the underlying lime based Windsor formation. Nearly every Island in Mahone Bay sits above the formation and nearly every island in the bay which is situated above the Windsor formation has some sort of swamp or feature which can be ?illustrated? to appear as a triangle.

Keep in mind, Little Gooseberry is north north east of Oak Island, Middle River is north, and skull island is north west; yet Birch is east.

When challenged to explain his Birch Island illusion and how he somehow now translated the symbols yet again to change the location, Keith says he knew of Birch Island the entire time. If you care to examine his original TTL application which cost him a $500.00 deposit (lots of money for welfare Keith), you can clearly see he did not apply for Birch Island. It was not until he finally found something worthy of promoting did he amend his TTL application to include Birch Island. 

That is how it all unfolded on a public forum.

I?ll write an article on the stone?s actual history that will show how baseless  Ranville?s claims are, along with another post to show the real information on his supposed triangle of stones.     

Posted on: February 21, 2009, 01:59:35 PM
Quote:Posted by Christian
Also are thery any theories you can dismiss for sure (e.g. Templar, Shakespeare ... just to give some examples) ...

That's a really exciting topic!

Regards,

Christian

Christian,

I would prefer to think that no Templar or Shakespeare theory has been proven valid.

A book by Dave Goudsward will be out shortly which shows the supposed assertion of Knights Templar having gained protection of the St. Clair of Scotland as historically invalid. This connection is the supposed imputus to associate the Templar (proper) to the New World.

I do have the Latin text of Henous de Sancto Claro and Willielmus de Sancto Claro testimony at the Templar trials held in Scotland.  Henry would be the second Baron of Roslin, Jarl Henry's great-grandfather and his brother William who would be appointed the Bishop of Dunkeld in 1312. This makes it a little tricky to hide a mob of Templar when your brother is a local Papal VIP.

Basically, they say "If the Templar were good Christians, they would not have lost the Holy Land". Considering the context of 1308 Catholicism, this was a damnation comment on the group which the family could not go out and secretly support.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg25003.html#msg25003

« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:36:45 pm by n4N224CCW »

Just ask me about Oak Island or visit

Please Register or Login

Offline aquanut
Bronze Member

I have 18x24 signed Giclee Stretched Canvas prints are available for $200 each. The entire set will go for $700. This is the demise of the 1715 Spanish Plate (silver) Fleet in a Hurricane and has been two years in the making. I hope you like it. This didn
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse, Tesoro Tiger Shark
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2009, 11:43:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well,
 Do you have any theories as to the origin of the supposed treasure? I wouldn't think Captain Kidd would have the time or the manpower for this, nor do I think that this would be an undertaking by any pirates period. It would have to be some group or individual with a person knowledgeable of architecture, geology and basic physics to create such a complex problem and at the same time, have the solution. Don't you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on this...
Aquanut

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg25032.html#msg25032

Offline badinfluence63
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 11:52:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by aquanut
Well,
 Do you have any theories as to the origin of the supposed treasure? I wouldn't think Captain Kidd would have the time or the manpower for this, nor do I think that this would be an undertaking by any pirates period. It would have to be some group or individual with a person knowledgeable of architecture, geology and basic physics to create such a complex problem and at the same time, have the solution. Don't you think? I would love to hear your thoughts on this...
Aquanut

There is nothing yet that points permanently to any one specific and definitive origin beyond strong suggestions.  Many say that no way was Kidd in the area. I disagree with throwing that out as a possibility. Why? Some of Kidds crew ended up there because of a reason I forget now.  I don't remember if it was after Kidd was being tried or as a consequence of a lost battle.  How did they know to go there?

There are too many missing pieces to everybodies suggested puzzle of solution. Short of aliens and fairies its still up in the air in my opinion.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg25033.html#msg25033

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 11:52:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Sasha, thanks once more for this very comprehensive posting! The templar theory is infact very popular in Germany any many other treasures are attested to them but nothing has been proven nor found yet. The Shakespear was of coruse one of the most uncommon but also unlikely theory.

It is great to read this very educating information here. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Best wishes,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg25034.html#msg25034

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline badinfluence63
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

105.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 12:30:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by n4N224CCW

Basically, they say "If the Templar were good Christians, they would not have lost the Holy Land". Considering the context of 1308 Catholicism, this was a damnation comment on the group which the family could not go out and secretly support.

Yes but in losing that, it does make sense to take and hide what valuables and treasures you know would only fall into the wrong hands,no? I don't think one can rule out Templars either. Many conicidences there too. For example the Micmaq flag and sinclair flag:

Please Register or Login

http://www.fahnenversand.de/fotw/images/c/ca_mik2.gif
   (micmaq flag)

Please Register or Login

http://www.thelibraryofhope.com/bsp84.jpg
  (templar battle/Micmaq flag comparrison)

where did the micmaq's get the idea fpor their flag from? Coincidence?  I don't think so.
Posted on: February 22, 2009, 12:28:15 AM
Quote:Posted by badinfluence63
Yes but in losing that, it does make sense to take and hide what valuables and treasures you know would only fall into the wrong hands,no? I don't think one can rule out Templars either. Many conicidences there too. For example the Micmaq flag and sinclair flag:

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,641.msg25037.html#msg25037

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:32:40 am by badinfluence63 »
Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6    Go Up
Jump to: