[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LeRoy SilverTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:36:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Down the road from the town that I live in is a old house near Waldo Ohio. Captain Drake was the owner back in the French and Indian war and before. The road they called a war road and he put a gate front of his house and charged people to use his road. He charged by the number of folks and their horses. He was the Captain of the Army and also was in charge of Fort Morrow a little fort near Norton Ohio. The Indians broke into his home while he wasnt there and harrassed his wife. She went a little nuts and they would never return for they were wearry of people that were touched. I have found a hand dug well near the fort site and searched it years ago and only found wheat pennies and a cuff button with an eagle and shield with a I in the center. The button is from the civil war era. I was walking the field close to the fort also and come upon some old broken dishware of the era looking around I found a Big penny right on top of the soil. I cant read the date though.  I just thought I would share this with you.   Thanks for looking   Steve

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19914.msg131162.html#msg131162

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: