[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ArfieBoyTopic starter
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« on: January 22, 2012, 06:44:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How many Oregon people are using this forum?  Let's make ourselves known to each other and where we are in the state!  What do you say?

I'm from La Grande, 65, retired from US Postal Service, Viet Nam Vet, married 42 years, 2 kids, 4 grandkids, 3 Bassett Hounds and no cats at this time!  I ride a Harley-Davidson Sporster for my mental well-being and really enjoy it.

My metal detecting over the years, since the early 1970's has run the range of the hobby from coinshooting to ghost towning, relic hunting, bottle digging, gold panning, yards, parks, schools and back to coinshooting1  (See my profile.)

Look forward to hearing from you all!                    Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg211641.html#msg211641

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline Gramps43
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2121.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Snoop, White's 4900/D & White's Gold Master.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:39:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Okie-dokey, I live in Tillamook over chere on the coast, I'm 68, retired Air Force, married 43 years, 2 kids and 2 granddaughters.  No critters her majesty don't want any.  I put in about 13 yrs. with the local newspaper before my MS forced me to call it quits.  so now it's just me and my pickum-up truck, my wifey professes no interest in prospecting and thinks I'm a nutty old fool.

Gramps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg211666.html#msg211666

It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 08:52:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Gramps!  I was hoping you would show up here!  Nothing like being a "nutty old fool" if you're enjoying what you're doing!  Glad you weighed in here.   Hope we get some more!

Story for you:

Several years ago a friend of the family was living in Tillamook (I think she is still there).  We drove down to visit her and she was house-sitting for the guy who owns the Tillamook Country Smoker.  She gave us a tour of the house.  It was very fascinating because he was a big hunter and safari guy and the house was filled with trophies he had taken!  It included everything from Elephant to water buffalo, all the way down to a wild turkey.  In fact I think there was even a quail in there somewhere!  Very interesting and fascinating!  Whole house was full of them!  If I remember correctly the house was out to the northeast of town on a hillside.

Good to see you post on here.  Hope you have a good winter.                 Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg211736.html#msg211736

ArfieBoy

« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:53:39 pm by ArfieBoy »

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline smokepoler
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:27:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thought I would say howdy, I probably should have posted in the new member section first, but this seems like the "home town" crowd. I am 63, retired, was a Millwright/electrician untill I broke a vertabrae in my back a few years ago and GOT retired.Vietnam vet, Brown Water Navy.I grew up in Oakridge and after the service spent about 25 years in the Hermiston area.I used to have part interest in some claims near the old townsite of Auburn near Baker, but unfortunatly no longer.I bought a Metal detector a few years ago, but really have not used it enough, but would love to.Over the years have looked for the Two Frenchmens lost mine,explored the old Cristy creek mine on the North fork, and a few other places. I am Married, two kids and four grandkids. My wife is very interested in exploring also. we live close to Bend now, and love it.I guess I have rambled on long enough for now. Hope everyone has a great day.  Stumpy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg218074.html#msg218074

Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 01:12:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Stumpy, glad to have you join us!  Be sure to sign in on the new users intro so many others can greet you here! I'm from La Grande in the Blue Mountains.  I guess if you lived around Hermiston, you know where I am.  I'm 65, also a Viet Nam Vet.  Army.  Got a friend here in town who is also brown-water Navy vet.  I retired after 28 years with the Postal Service as a rural mail carrier with a 30 year retirement.  Been metal detecting, etc., since the early 1970's and been through the whole range of interests as far as treasure hunting goes!  I'm not a tech guy and I prefer the old analog computers to the computer models...  I'm just an analog guy in a digital world!

Too bad you don't have those claim in Auburn anymore, that would be awsome to visit!

Well, welcome aboard!   Welcome   This is a good site to learn and help others on, also just to have some fun!  Enjoy!                    Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg218097.html#msg218097

ArfieBoy

Offline smokepoler
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:51:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the welcome Arfieboy. I know exactly what you mean about being an analog person in a digital world. I used to spend some time in your neck of the woods, fishing the upper Grande round (sp) did a little playing around up around camp Carson. Belonged to the LaGrand gun glub. Ya I wish I still had those claims

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg218127.html#msg218127

Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Camp Carson!  Yes, I spent a lot of time around there through the '70's when my kids were growing up!  Practically owned a lot in the townsite because we camped there so much.  I you're interested, I put some pictures on the ghost town site here.  On the tool bar at the top go to "Categories" (drop down menue) then to "Historic places" and look for Camp Carson.  I put up pictures of it in the "70's and then in the late "90's!

I am a current (inactive) member of the gun club.  Go up and shoot once in a while.

Good getting to know you!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg218138.html#msg218138

ArfieBoy

Offline smokepoler
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for posting the pics Arfieboy, I really enjoyed looking at them
Stumpy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg218254.html#msg218254

Offline digger60
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold BugII-BH TrackerIV-TrackerIII
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 12:29:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi everyone, Digger60 here I am from Eugene haven't gotten to do to much detecting and prospecting yet. I am 62 still a slave to the everyday working grind. I hope to get out and do some gem hunting and gold prospecting this year. I have some equipment for hand work including a sluice box and two detectors, a bounty hunter Tracker III  and a goldbug2. I enjoy getting out of town to prospect even if I don't find anything and the same with gem hunting. Take the wife gem hunting and she likes it so far. Happy hunting everyone and be careful. If you know of any good prospecting spots very close to Eugene and would like to share them with me just send me an e-mail where, Thanks.  E-mail---  wrench29@hotmail.com

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220107.html#msg220107

Offline smokepoler
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 03:22:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey Digger60

I grew up in Oakridge and am now in the Bend area. There are some old mines called the Christy creek mines up the North fork of the Willamette up past Westfir that might be worth looking around, I can't say for sure as I havent been there in over 40 years. also up in the same area is billy creek and there has been gold found there.

Stumpy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220131.html#msg220131

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: