[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline trippleg3Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro Eldorado
« on: December 27, 2008, 05:30:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well I see this is empty so I thought I would post to get it started. I live here near Pendleton Oregon and detect the local parks in Umatilla county. This year I have found about $50 in clad lots of trash and a 10k wedding band. I have found a few siilver coins but mostly clad. The parks havent been hunted very much so there are plenty of coins. I have a blog with the local detecting regulations and parks that I have hunted here in oregon at ---(untilthenextpulltab.blogspot.com)
There is very little information on the web on local regulations so I decided to start a blog on the info that I have found so far for anyone in the area or traveling through. There is nothing worse than being out of the loop when the LOCAL CITY PARKS AND RECREATION OFFICER drives up to you and starts asking questions and you have no answers. Detecting Rider Welcome

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2714.msg20643.html#msg20643

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 06:02:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have just checked out your blog! It's a great resource! Thanks and keep it going!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2714.msg20645.html#msg20645

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline ClickTheYellowChick
Click The Yellow Chick
Bronze Member

Click The Yellow Chick
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

GoldBug I by Fisher, Bounty Hunter 2200, Homemade Pinpointer, Falcon Pinpointer, Won a White's Pinpointer on CGPF contest
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 09:53:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by trippleg3
Well I see this is empty so I thought I would post to get it started. I live here near Pendleton Oregon and detect the local parks in Umatilla county. This year I have found about $50 in clad lots of trash and a 10k wedding band. I have found a few siilver coins but mostly clad. The parks havent been hunted very much so there are plenty of coins. I have a blog with the local detecting regulations and parks that I have hunted here in oregon at ---(untilthenextpulltab.blogspot.com)
There is very little information on the web on local regulations so I decided to start a blog on the info that I have found so far for anyone in the area or traveling through. There is nothing worse than being out of the loop when the LOCAL CITY PARKS AND RECREATION OFFICER drives up to you and starts asking questions and you have no answers.
Next time you find the passes "passable" between Pendleton and Baker County, getcherself down to Blue Bucket Mining (Baker City in Baker County below you there at Umatilla Cty) and get acquainted with Keith Magnuson.  An avid T/Her himself, he is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  He also gives "lessons" so I understand, and will take you out to a few spots around Baker City as part of your lessons.  I found this by doing a google search for him so you can find contact info in this post:

Please Register or Login

Keith Magnuson--MD teacher & Good Guy!

He's a member in good standing with Eastern Oregon Mining Association, another outfit you might want to look into joining up with.  Sometimes a big fellow from Pendleton drives over to the monthly meetings during the "less dismal weather months"...He was going to put in a historical gold themed museum in Pendleton, but I never learned what happened to that.  Maybe it is still on the drawing board, I don't remember.

Anyhow, when you get a chance to meet up with Keith, tell him "Morgan says Hi"...and after he gives you that blank look--LOL--remind him that I'm the one that used to give the "gold price talk" at the monthly meetings a few years back.  That should bring him around.  Cool

Nice to meet another Oregonian on this forum.  Now, let's hear you found 2 gold rings in 2009...MINIMUM! Kiss

-------------Just some of my refining work-----------
I call this artwork:  Ghost & Haystack
{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2714.msg21201.html#msg21201
http://www.goldplatinumtutor.com/origppress/463troy.jpg

« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:02:13 pm by ClickTheYellowChick »

Click blue/purple words Below & learn more about:

Please Register or Login