[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline digger60
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold BugII-BH TrackerIV-TrackerIII
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 03:30:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you I will have to check them sites out when the weather and waters are a bit calmer. If I find the spots and find antything good I will post it.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220133.html#msg220133

Offline ArfieBoyTopic starter
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 10:17:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, Digger60!  Welcome from La Grande!  Good luck with your prospecting and gem hunting.  Enjoy this thread and the whole site.  It is pretty awesome.  Thanks for signing in!             Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220185.html#msg220185

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline Gramps43
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2121.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Snoop, White's 4900/D & White's Gold Master.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 04:28:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yo Digger60 buenos greetings from Tillamook, The Land of Cheese, Trees and Ocean breezes.  As soon as the rivers, 5 in this area, go down I'm gona be shift'n & sift'n some sand and gravel for what ever comes up. I made screens in 1/4, 1/8 and window scrn previously and just got some 30, 60, & 80 screen from M-C and will be making screens in those sizes so I don't think much will get by.

Have a good year,
Gramps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220213.html#msg220213

It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Offline tomjiggy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Did someone say La Grande...lol.  My Dad is from Elgin, and you might know him.  Bill Smith, his brother Arley lives in Portland.  But my Grandmother, Ethel, just moved to Miami with her daughter, Roselyn.  Anyway, it's good to hear from a few Oregonians Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220228.html#msg220228

Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass X-70; Compass X-200; Compass Coin Scanner Pro II; Whites Coinmaster 2/DB Series 2
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:10:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Tomjiggy!   Grin   I know your Dad very well!  Shocked  We grew up in Elgin together.  Bill is a couple of years older than me and Arley is a couple of years younger.  They and my older brother all grew up together.  Ethel was a good friend of my Mom's.  They did a lot of things together!  Whenever your dad gets this way and has a little time to spare, we usually get together for a metal detecting hunt.  Been quite a few years since that has happened now, but he keeps saying I need to go to Korea and do some detecting with him!  I knew your grandma had moved to Florida to be with Roselyn...  been a long time since I've seen her.

Welcome to the thread here.  If you're ever this way stop and say "hi"!   Before you come, PM me and I'll send you a phone number.

Tell your dad and uncle Arley "hello" for me.   Great    My name is Randy Simmons.        Wise                              Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220294.html#msg220294

ArfieBoy

Government can not give anything to anyone...  without first taking it from someone else!

Offline tomjiggy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Safari
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 04:57:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well folks, I posted my newness on the site yesterday, but am far from being a total newbie to THing.  My Dad got me into this in the early 80s and I've been on and off with the hobby since then.  My wife thinks that if it don't make a profit tomorrow then it ain't worth getting into, but I peacefully tolerate her ignorance...  Wink  I'm still in the Army and am a computer tech(was a Scout for almost 13 years).  I'll be retiring in a little less than 3 years.  I'm 45 just this past March.  I hope to truly retire after a contractors job after the Army retires me but I've seen the way plans go.  I've done some relic hunting, and some coin hunting.  Not too much of anything else, but I'm always up for something new(thinking about digging ash pits or privys if I can find some colonial digs here in Georgia).  Yes, I'm stationed in Georgia at the moment.  Not really sure where I'll end up, but I hope to go back to Elgin one of these days.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220325.html#msg220325

Offline digger60
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold BugII-BH TrackerIV-TrackerIII
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 02:07:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks, I didn't get on over here the weekend, trying to get the yard fixed up before the good hunting weather gets here, that way all my chores are done a bit in advance. I like this site, many good ideas and great info.  May nuggets fill your pans

Posted on: April 16, 2012, 02:05:06 PM
I also have some classifiers and sifter & screens, can't wait till the water gets right to go out and search, hope lady luck is with your prospecting.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg220416.html#msg220416

Offline rsskjeie
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all! My name is Russ and I live in Tigard and am new to both prospecting and detecting.  52 years old, single and no kids (so my time is mine outside of work). Smiley

Wondering if anyone has any info on gold found in the mid to northern coast range. I've done a lot of research but there seems to be very little information online about this corner of Oregon.

Anyway, just want to say hello to the fellow Oregonians here!

Russ

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg221434.html#msg221434

Knight
Gold Member

Thank you294

Activity
2%
Male
United States

16031.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Russ!  Welcome to the Thunting.com forum and from a fellow Oregonian!   Welcome  This website sure is the place to learn from old-timers and newcomers alike about treasure hunting in all its forms!  Be sure to introduce yourself in the new users thread (it's under Community on the tool bar with a drop-down menu) so others can know you're here.   Explore the threads and the sit.  There are tons of information here!   Enjoy and good luck!     

Gramps, listed above here, is the guy to ask about prospecting the mid-to-northern coast range.  He is a prospector and lives in Tillamook.              Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg221444.html#msg221444

ArfieBoy

Offline Gramps43
Bronze Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2121.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Gold Snoop, White's 4900/D & White's Gold Master.
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Right-on Arfie, Russ I'm afraid the northwest corner got overlooked when when Johnny gold seed was sprinkling the shiny stuff here and there.  There is a little, stress little, in the black sands on the beaches, for which you have to have a free permit that's good for 3 months and one particular stop.  Your best bet is to go southeast along the Molalla in the recreation area or a little more traveling & go south young man go south.  You could also join the "Northwest Mineral Prospectors Club" 

Please Register or Login

www.nwmpc.com
  they have several claims in the state for member use.

Gramps

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,34876.msg221539.html#msg221539

It is better to die fighting evil than to live under it.

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Jump to: