[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've owned two PI machines for water hunting and the part that I never cared much about was having to dig up all of the trash targets as I detected. Are there any pulse detectors that can help me recover the coins and gold items without having to recover all those pesky pieces of wire and those darn pull tabs. I'd like to see some sort of Notch Circuitry on a Pulse detector. Is that possible?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg68593.html#msg68593

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:39:46 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 01:53:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yes.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg68595.html#msg68595

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline treasuremomoTopic starter
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey GoldDigger, are there some currently manufactured PI units that have a good working discriminator or Notch circuit and if there are, then what are they?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg68647.html#msg68647

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 12:38:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by treasuremomo
Hey GoldDigger, are there some currently manufactured PI units that have a good working discriminator or Notch circuit and if there are, then what are they?

I'm getting a clear picture that you have two problems here. One is that you don't believe in what a company says about their detectors and the other is that you cannot figure out how to use Google. Either would get you exactly what you need.

You also seem dead set against any advice you have received to dig every target and not worry about discrimination.

My answer was clear to your question. Yes, it is possible.  Now you want me to do your homework for you? No thanks. Had you just thrown the question out instead of asking me directly, an answer might just get back to you. I cannot spare the time to do your research for you. Sorry.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg68760.html#msg68760

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Harold in Fla.
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Excalibur  1000  and  a  xterra 70
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

You  Know   i  just  thought  it  was  me,  but  your  like  this  with  everybody  on  this   forum,  best  thing  to  do  is  when  you  leave  an  answer   don't  answer  it   and  you'll   be  better  off.  Harold  in Fla.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71439.html#msg71439

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:40:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by treasuremomo

The Gold Scan detectors by Eric Foster have a rather good Disk and are PI machines.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71453.html#msg71453

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline peabody
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GM V/Sat
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 04:11:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The Whites TDI discriminates based on magnetic conductivity.  Low conductivity metals produce a high pitch tone, while high conductivity metals produce a low pitch tone. Here is a link to some YouTube clips that will give you an idea of how it works:

Please Register or Login

Whites TDI search on YouTube
.  I do not think the discrimination function on pulse machines do much more than this...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71499.html#msg71499

Offline gambol1
Silver Member

At first we were all hunters
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4800.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 150, 250,Fisher F75S, Tesoro sand shark
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 06:20:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

peabody, I went to this link on you tube and not only found the whites demo but also others for the Garrett 250. These tests show basically that depending too heavily on the discrimination function is going to mean you miss a lot of good stuff....You are damned if you dig and damned if you don't. If the machine says it is a pulltab and you dig chances are you will probably find a pull tab rather than a gold ring simply because there are more pull tabs around than there are gold rings. This can give the false impression that all pulltab responses are pulltabs when in fact occasionally one of them is going to be a gold ring and if you don't dig you will miss it.  Idea

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71525.html#msg71525

Offline peabody
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GM V/Sat
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do not think any discrimination circuit is perfect.  I have a Whites Gold Master VSAT, which has an iron discriminator function.  I do not trust it, as I have found it is easily fooled by ground mineralization and the condition of the iron trash.  Rusty bits and small pieces of iron, such as flakes, will not show as iron until they are right on the coil.  And rusty flakes from old nails often do not read as iron at all. 

However, my VSAT and the Garrett Ace 250 are both VLF machines.  The pulse machines function differently and are less-effected by ground mineralization.  Using a VLF machine in a park or school yard is one thing - the ground is stable and homogeneous.  Gold bearing soil is another story.  I have heard from many a nugget shooter that if you can find gold with a detector, running a coin or relic machine will be a breeze.  Tiny targets in heavily mineralized soil - it doesnt get tougher than that.

The high-low conductivity discrimination feature on the TDI, and perhaps others such as Minelab, is the only discrimination function I am aware of on a pulse machines at present.  Despite the advances in technology, the old adage still holds true - When in doubt, dig!!!  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71535.html#msg71535

Offline Harold in Fla.
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

155.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Excalibur  1000  and  a  xterra 70
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:21:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yea  they  all  say  that, when  in  dought  dig  it,  i've  had  a  few  times  were  i  was  thinking   should  i   dig  it   or not,  and   don't  you  think   it  was  something  good,  some   days   when  your   tired  and  you  get  one  of  them  signals   you  say   maybe  another   day  and  then   your  halfway  down   the  field  and  you  say,  Man   i  should  of  dug  that,   because  you  never  now  what  it  is  till   you  dig  it.   Harold

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10782.msg71618.html#msg71618

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: