[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline viswanathmarachiTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Japanese,

Thank you for the great observation though the photo quality is not up to the mark.  I will inverse the VD12 and will post you the result.

Your kind time and the intention to help others is greatly respected.

-Viswanath

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg223573.html#msg223573

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:07:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Japanese,

I have corrected the VD12 but was not so lucky to get the desired results.  I have completely built a new DP circuit and it also has the same problem.  But when I touched the transistor BC557 legs on the soldering side (IC 555) I get the beat on the speaker but when I remove my finger from that its all silence again..  I could not post the photo due to some technical reasons.. 

Kindly share your ideas on what the reason could be?Huh??

Thanks in Advance

-Viswanath

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224012.html#msg224012

Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 12:45:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi viswanathmarachi
               From the beginning if the same mistake and you are sure to install the  NEW components in new DP pcb circuit places, it is not a defect and the defect in PCB  ---- Components  IS NOT --- I advise using a magnifying glass and examine the worked PCB on the tracks  or short welding tin and you will discover!!!!!!!!!!!
                 From the beginning, do not use the lcd
I wish you success
best time

j.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224019.html#msg224019

Offline haikel774
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%

Tunisia

385.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 12:54:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

HI JAPANESE

Great

BEST REGARDS

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224022.html#msg224022

Offline xavier
Platin Member

From a rainy Brussels
Thank you166

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

32206.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi viswanathmarachi

If you have put together two boards and you the same problem it must be an error on your part more than likely a component that has been placed the wrong way round like a diode, transistor or a polarised capacitor even an IC.

All the best
Xavier    PS hope that you will find the fault soon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224047.html#msg224047

Xavier

So many questions so little time

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Japanese,

Thank you for the reply.  I wanted to make sure that I dont do any wrong part placements thus I started creating a new board... The new one is much clean and was done very carefully keeping the failure in mind.

I think I have not done any mistake while placing the components on board... I have checked the shorts on the board also...strange but true and i am definitely unlucky to have it not working...

Please share your ideas on why the sound comes out when I touch the soldering part of a certain Transistor... am I missing something here like ground connection etc...

Last but not the least this time I have used the PCB which was posted by Eugiene in the beginning to make sure that I am not using any wrong boards...  and some people like Ram advising on this site to soldier the components using the Circuit diagram rather than parts placements pictures,  but I am not that good in electronics to do it that way... I have followed the easy method of following the component placement diagram.

Kindly give me some time to post the good quality pictures so that you can again help me if you have some time to look into my issue.

regards
Viswanath

Posted on: May 29, 2012, 05:22:26 PM
Hi Xavier,

Your kind suggestion is greatly respected.  I have checked all the components as per your advise.  But unable to find any mistakes...

-Viswanath M

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224137.html#msg224137

Offline japanese
Bronze Member

Thank you55

Activity
0%

Egypt

1625.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

GARY PI
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi viswanathmarachi

- Usually when you are  repeat your work and avoid mistakes and this is normal and after more than once will have mastered your work.

-Multi touch soldering part  this is must not and non-scientific because you are dealing with IT c mos----- I respond to the touch when you reach for the audio signals for the area you are in the audio output and this is normal for this I was not a favorite.

-Alternative is the use of contact measuring device for measuring the dots task, such as+E,-E,+12V,REF,pin 8 of lm555  And so on ---

-Complete your work step by step and you will reach for the work completed and will work

-check value C1,C2,C3,,R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6,T2,T3,T9,DA6=TLO61
-READ Reply #3

-And will succeed

best time

j.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224144.html#msg224144

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 02:39:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Japanese,

It really feels great to know that someone I haven't seen is helping me a lot to rectify my problem.  DA06 = TL061??? I have used all TLO62's only as per Eugienes diagram which is posted earlier in this forum.  Am I using a wrong part here???  is TL062 different from TL061 Huh?

I will check all the resistors and capacitors as per your reply.

I could not understand the following from your reply.  I am sorry I am not good in electronics terminology.

Verdana]Multi touch soldering part  this is must not and non-scientific because you are dealing with IT c mos----- I respond to the touch when you reach for the audio signals for the area you are in the audio output and this is normal for this I was not a favorite.

-Alternative is the use of contact measuring device for measuring the dots task, such as+E,-E,+12V,REF,pin 8 of lm555  And so on ---

Regards
Viswanathmarachi

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224207.html#msg224207

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 06:06:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by viswanathmarachi
It really feels great to know that someone I haven't seen is helping me a lot to rectify my problem.  DA06 = TL061??? I have used all TLO62's only as per Eugienes diagram which is posted earlier in this forum.  Am I using a wrong part here???  is TL062 different from TL061 Huh?

DO NOT SUBSTITUTE unless you simply cannot find the right part. The guy helping you is not looking out for your best interest here. He mostly uses parts he scavenges from other electronics and makes substitutes that sometimes cause more problems than they are worth. Stick with the original parts.

I started to help you out in another topic you started. You never checked what I asked you to check (or never told me you did) so I just let you go off on your own but this is painful to watch. You are getting help from a guy who has success in building despite his skills.

Start over. Take each part on the board and make sure it is in the right place and in the right orientation. As you do this, trace the copper on the back of the board and make sure it matches the schematic. With your multimeter, verify that the traces of copper are not etched through by the etchant. This can happen and often does on DIY boards. A microscopic fissure in the copper or a thinning spot can cause a failure of the circuit. Also, look for shorts that shouldn't be there on the board where components are close together.

Read this VERY carefully: You have a lot to do before you start changing out components. New construction is NOT the same as troubleshooting a board or item that worked in the past and then failed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224211.html#msg224211

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

175.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:13 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Golddigger,

I sincerely apologize if it was painful..  I haven't done anything intentionally.  When I say someone unseen is helping me it applies to you as well.. but the only thing is there was no continuous conversation between us.. 

This site has confused me a little as I could not see the topics i started unless some one replies to my post... that is the reason why I was not able to find my other post which you have replied (in fact I haven't even noticed that I have started two topics)... I sincerely thank you for your interest and your reply here.

I have great respect for each member of this kind of forums where they help people out of their passion for the hobby.

Regards
Viswanath Marachi

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36323.msg224215.html#msg224215

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Jump to: